• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Von Miller says "no chance" he plays on the FT

tducey

Sports discussion
Hoopla Cash
$ 46,233.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Miller's among the best in the league but the money he's demanding is ludicrous, doubtful he will get it.

Rockinkuwait

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a tough situation. Free agent market value set's his value much higher than what the Bronco's have been willing to give up thus far.

I think a deal will get done, but if Denver doesn't budge, I really doubt he makes the decision to throw away LOTS of money on the principal that he deserves more.

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yesterday Von said there was no way he'll sit out the season. Today he says there's no way he'll play on the franchise tag.

Call me an optimist, but to me it sounds like he's saying they'll get a deal done before the deadline.
Or he's been Puffin the Devils lettuce again.

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
joke or not I'm just telling you what likely happened, take it however you want.
Fair enough, but let's not forget, Von was busted for smoking weed. So was my little pun that far of a stretch? We all know bong rips and short term memory loss go hand in hand. Maybe he simply forgot what he said.

Oldschool739

It's my Country, Flag, Bible, Gun. Don't try it !
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Someone will pay him. Just a matter of how much Denver wants to chance tagging him. Two years worth? The way this is sounding VM won't be a very happy camper.

An article came out this morning that said, he wants that 70 mil guarantee by 2017, 2 yrs....He's nuts and the article went on to say his substance abuse made it too chancy, not to mention he would be paid more than the top qb's in the league....He must be into some bad ganja weed or something...:rolleyes2:

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
An article came out this morning that said, he wants that 70 mil guarantee by 2017, 2 yrs....He's nuts and the article went on to say his substance abuse made it too chancy, not to mention he would be paid more than the top qb's in the league....He must be into some bad ganja weed or something...:rolleyes2:
I think you're right. Wow can't believe I just said that. A lot is posturing just to see how much he can get. I stillthink someone outbids Denver for his service. Not quite that 70 mil but close.

Rockinkuwait

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you're right. Wow can't believe I just said that. A lot is posturing just to see how much he can get. I stillthink someone outbids Denver for his service. Not quite that 70 mil but close.

Yeah, the only way to do that though is if he hits the FA market, which isn't happening until next year. And I really don't think he would be close if he sits out an entire year.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, the only way to do that though is if he hits the FA market, which isn't happening until next year. And I really don't think he would be close if he sits out an entire year.
Yep we've already addressed whether Denver would tag him and if so would it be one or two years? We also addressed what Von would think/do if tagged:noidea:

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sticky situation in Denver for sure. Don't see this working out well for the Broncos at all. Super bad off season for them.

Oldschool739

It's my Country, Flag, Bible, Gun. Don't try it !
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That didn't hurt so bad did it ? :D Rockin said it right, he has to sit out to be free of the tag next yr....
However, from what I've read, he can sit the first ten games and play the last 6 and avoid it also...
The problem with that is ,he will lose most of the tag money for this yr, recovering 5-6 mil only if he does that...
And looks bad on his part to other teams....
I don't like Elway, but he is definitely not one to be pushed into something he don't want to do...
He made him an offer that he feels he's worth to the team, I don't expect it will change much if any...
Ray Lewis tried that crap with Ozzie on his second contract, and Ozzie wouldn't budge, guess what, Ray signed the deal and finished his career here....

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Someone remind me how it works.

If he doesn't play this year aren't we in the same situation next year? So Denver tags him again and he holds out again? So we do this for how many years and eventually he retires and gets nothing? Just suck it up and play. I don't blame him for wanting a huge contract, but there is a process in place. Take your guaranteed money and move on in the future when they can no longer tag you and let them know if they tag you, you will never sign with them when eligible.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Someone remind me how it works.

If he doesn't play this year aren't we in the same situation next year? So Denver tags him again and he holds out again? So we do this for how many years and eventually he retires and gets nothing? Just suck it up and play. I don't blame him for wanting a huge contract, but there is a process in place. Take your guaranteed money and move on in the future when they can no longer tag you and let them know if they tag you, you will never sign with them when eligible.
After next year I would bet Denver would just say fuck it and move on if it really came to that. The cost for tagging an OLB twice would be prohibitive.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After next year I would bet Denver would just say fuck it and move on if it really came to that. The cost for tagging an OLB twice would be prohibitive.
But if he doesn't play this year it doesn't go up 120% minimum (or whatever it is) next year, right?

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3