• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Von Miller says "no chance" he plays on the FT

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right, but then he plays it under the terms of the Tag. Personally I think he plays the whole season under the tag
I don't think a whole season is in the cards in the nuclear scenario. At most, you'd see 8 or 10 games. This is all pretty unlikely unless Elway just refuses to budge here.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, he has $14M reasons to play. I still say he doesn't miss a week due to holding out, one way or another.

Why would he play 10 games? It's either the whole year or 6 games. 8 or 10 wouldn't really make sense.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, he has $14M reasons to play. I still say he doesn't miss a week due to holding out, one way or another.

Why would he play 10 games? It's either the whole year or 6 games. 8 or 10 wouldn't really make sense.
Meh, that's a longshot within a longshot. At this point we're splicing hairs 3 times over, but it'd probably be to keep the team competitive or some nonsense reason like that.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yup either or IMO. 6 games or the whole season.

Bulletz

Smib
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,245.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I agree. He's in his prime, he needs to be on the field.

Oldschool739

It's my Country, Flag, Bible, Gun. Don't try it !
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

From what I've heard reported and read, if he plays this whole season for 14 mil, they could tag him once more next yr but at the increased tag rate.
If he sits out the whole season or the first 10 games, they can't tag him next yr and if he plays those last 6 games,he gets paid aprox 5-6mil but still can't be tagged again....
But if he gets hurt or busted again, the show is over...Big chance to take IMO....He should sign the deal and enjoy his millions because I don't think he's an 11+ yr player anyway....

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Someone will pay him. Just a matter of how much Denver wants to chance tagging him. Two years worth? The way this is sounding VM won't be a very happy camper.

I know man, teams would line up to get that guy...

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From what I've heard reported and read, if he plays this whole season for 14 mil, they could tag him once more next yr but at the increased tag rate.
If he sits out the whole season or the first 10 games, they can't tag him next yr and if he plays those last 6 games,he gets paid aprox 5-6mil but still can't be tagged again....
But if he gets hurt or busted again, the show is over...Big chance to take IMO....He should sign the deal and enjoy his millions because I don't think he's an 11+ yr player anyway....

Some of this is right and some of it is wrong.

The right
Yes if he plays this season he gets $14 million.
If he gets hurt yes the contract significantly goes down which is why betting on yourself comes with considerable risk in the NFL.

The Wrong
If he sits out this entire year they cannot use the Exclusive Franchise Tag on him again. This year with using that it meant no team could even try to sign Von Miller. So if he sits out this year he goes to the non-exclusive Franchise Tag which means a team could actually put a bid on him and if the Broncos do not match they would then get a 1st and 3rd round pick for Von Miller in return.
Next if he gets busted again while it would hurt some of his leverage the show would not be over. The NFL changed the drug program rules. If a player at any stage of the drug program can stay clean for 2 years they actually get completely out of the drug program. Von Miller has been clean for 2 years and is the first player ever to actually fully get out of the drug program. So if he gets caught again he is only at stage 1 that is just a warning. No suspension. So again while it would hurt his value a little it wouldn't be the sit out for a year kind of deal since he was at one point in stage 2 or 3 of the drug program.

Also just a quick note. Not sure which thread you posted it on but Von Miller is not seeking $75 million guaranteed for the first 2 years of the deal. Right now what he is wanting is something in the range of $60 million in fully guaranteed money. So that would mean the first 3-years and a little more guaranteed. He would be a cap hit around $19 million on average throughout that 6-year deal. At $75 million through the first 2 years that you were talking about we are talking him making like $10 million more on average more than the next guy in the league. I"m sorry but no player would even try to demand that as they would be laughed out of the building. Now $60 million for the first 3-years makes total sense as it puts him at the top of defensive players in guaranteed money and puts him at the top for money per year at this point for a defensive player. Just a little ahead of Suh on both. The $75 million you are speaking to is the total Guaranteed money of the deal. That would mean $15 million of the deal would be guaranteed but only if certain criteria are met like injury or say if he is still on the roster at a certain date of the contract like after year 3 of the deal on the 5th day of the new league year then the next $15 million becomes fully guaranteed kind of thing.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The obvious but often ignored is that every day Denver waits to sign him, the more total and guaranteed dollars he will ultimately get. Offsetting that is paying him less for this year of course.

Oldschool739

It's my Country, Flag, Bible, Gun. Don't try it !
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some of this is right and some of it is wrong.

The right
Yes if he plays this season he gets $14 million.
If he gets hurt yes the contract significantly goes down which is why betting on yourself comes with considerable risk in the NFL.

The Wrong
If he sits out this entire year they cannot use the Exclusive Franchise Tag on him again. This year with using that it meant no team could even try to sign Von Miller. So if he sits out this year he goes to the non-exclusive Franchise Tag which means a team could actually put a bid on him and if the Broncos do not match they would then get a 1st and 3rd round pick for Von Miller in return.
Next if he gets busted again while it would hurt some of his leverage the show would not be over. The NFL changed the drug program rules. If a player at any stage of the drug program can stay clean for 2 years they actually get completely out of the drug program. Von Miller has been clean for 2 years and is the first player ever to actually fully get out of the drug program. So if he gets caught again he is only at stage 1 that is just a warning. No suspension. So again while it would hurt his value a little it wouldn't be the sit out for a year kind of deal since he was at one point in stage 2 or 3 of the drug program.

Also just a quick note. Not sure which thread you posted it on but Von Miller is not seeking $75 million guaranteed for the first 2 years of the deal. Right now what he is wanting is something in the range of $60 million in fully guaranteed money. So that would mean the first 3-years and a little more guaranteed. He would be a cap hit around $19 million on average throughout that 6-year deal. At $75 million through the first 2 years that you were talking about we are talking him making like $10 million more on average more than the next guy in the league. I"m sorry but no player would even try to demand that as they would be laughed out of the building. Now $60 million for the first 3-years makes total sense as it puts him at the top of defensive players in guaranteed money and puts him at the top for money per year at this point for a defensive player. Just a little ahead of Suh on both. The $75 million you are speaking to is the total Guaranteed money of the deal. That would mean $15 million of the deal would be guaranteed but only if certain criteria are met like injury or say if he is still on the roster at a certain date of the contract like after year 3 of the deal on the 5th day of the new league year then the next $15 million becomes fully guaranteed kind of thing.

Yea , and the sky is not actually blue either....What makes you think that you know more than actual sports professionals, are you retarded or something ???
And what makes you think we will actually read all your drivel about if's and maybe's ????
You take way too long to say you're just a delusional bandwagon homer that will make any excuse you can dream up for your team....
And most of all, what makes you think that already marred product is even in the the same atmosphere and deserves even as much, let alone more than JJ Watt....That's like comparing Secretariat and Mr Ed !!!
d33e0eca-dc87-455a-8700-a3530e8625c5_zpsekvepydf.jpg

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea , and the sky is not actually blue either....What makes you think that you know more than actual sports professionals, are you retarded or something ???
And what makes you think we will actually read all your drivel about if's and maybe's ????
You take way too long to say you're just a delusional bandwagon homer that will make any excuse you can dream up for your team....
And most of all, what makes you think that already marred product is even in the the same atmosphere and deserves even as much, let alone more than JJ Watt....That's like comparing Secretariat and Mr Ed !!!
View attachment 129255

You have given no sources to back up what you said other than "this is what I heard and read." So why is your word worth more?

Well unlike you I have actual sources to back up what I am saying...
Will Von Miller sit out the 2016 season?

This is an article detailing how he is now out of the drug program so if he tests positive again instead of missing an entire season he would only be in stage 1 of the drug program which would be him getting a warning with no games missed.
Von Miller released from NFL’s drug program

I told your buddy Money that Google is easy to use to find out information before posting something that just isn't true. It has taken me less than 2 minutes this morning to find both of these articles and 100's more just like them.

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I told your buddy Money that Google is easy to use to find out information before posting something that just isn't true. It has taken me less than 2 minutes this morning to find both of these articles and 100's more just like them.

Can you tell us more about Google??? I'm sure your posts on that will be just as riveting as everything else you post. Do you Google to find out when to take a shit each day?

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can you tell us more about Google??? I'm sure your posts on that will be just as riveting as everything else you post. Do you Google to find out when to take a shit each day?

I meant it is easy to look up information and find articles on the exact subject we are talking about here. I have researched all the things of Von Miller's contract. Obviously has a bit more meaning to me than fans outside of Bronco fans. So I feel like I have a pretty good grasp from all that I have read and heard of the different outcomes and what they mean to the Broncos.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You have given no sources to back up what you said other than "this is what I heard and read." So why is your word worth more?

Well unlike you I have actual sources to back up what I am saying...
Will Von Miller sit out the 2016 season?

This is an article detailing how he is now out of the drug program so if he tests positive again instead of missing an entire season he would only be in stage 1 of the drug program which would be him getting a warning with no games missed.
Von Miller released from NFL’s drug program

Cd you'd be 100% correct if tge NFL has a sane commissioner. If VM failed another test Roger could suspend him for life. He's already proven penalties are just a guideline.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cd you'd be 100% correct if tge NFL has a sane commissioner. If VM failed another test Roger could suspend him for life. He's already proven penalties are just a guideline.

Well the NFLPA would have a huge case against him if he went against the already established Drug program that the two sides agreed on. If players realized that getting out of the drug program meant they were still going to get punished like they were in the drug program then what would be the point of giving them an opportunity to clear their name from the list?

Now let's say he is caught out driving and they find him with drugs in his system or in the vehicle I could agree with you but if he just fails a drug test I can't see how Goodell would have a case or that any court system would think he has a case to stand on when the rules are about as black and white as they get when it comes to the drug program part of the rules.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The more I think about it yeah maybe you are right that Goodell could try to do that. Who knows. He is out of the drug program though so he could definitely fight that pretty hard in the court system and I think the NFLPA would have a very strong case and can't see the NFL wanting to be dragged into another very public legal battle.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well the NFLPA would have a huge case against him if he went against the already established Drug program that the two sides agreed on. If players realized that getting out of the drug program meant they were still going to get punished like they were in the drug program then what would be the point of giving them an opportunity to clear their name from the list?

Now let's say he is caught out driving and they find him with drugs in his system or in the vehicle I could agree with you but if he just fails a drug test I can't see how Goodell would have a case or that any court system would think he has a case to stand on when the rules are about as black and white as they get when it comes to the drug program part of the rules.
I'm not sure either? What's a first time equipment violation worth?

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FWIW I couldn't see Roger doing that. He's an idiot not a fool. Then again with him you never know?

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure either? What's a first time equipment violation worth?

Good point. I"ve said plenty that I didn't agree with the punishment. I do think some of the other owners were involved in pushing for that punishment. I would hope they have learned their lesson though of trying to go above and beyond the established rules.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good point. I"ve said plenty that I didn't agree with the punishment. I do think some of the other owners were involved in pushing for that punishment. I would hope they have learned their lesson though of trying to go above and beyond the established rules.
Only time will tell. I'm sure there are a few owners that would love to see VM not lined up against their QBs. I'm just playing the devils advocate here. I think Roger and co. have enough bad/controversial press to keep them in check for a while.