• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Virginia, Clemson and Syracuse Must Carry the Torch….

FSUmanager

FeartheSpear
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If SU and Clemson both lose today this thread will be a huge bust. You will be seeing all sorts of things about your new conference. Hope you are ready for it just incase Clemson and SU both lose today.

jonvi

La Familia Ohana
Hoopla Cash
$ 29,463.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If SU and Clemson both lose today this thread will be a huge bust. You will be seeing all sorts of things about your new conference. Hope you are ready for it just incase Clemson and SU both lose today.

Sure am.....I always talk a ton of smack before the game. I see no reason to talk smack after the game.

Post game is for congratulations and a time to figure out what worked and what didn't and improve on it. To me, talking smack after the game is redundant. The real talk was already done on the field. No use trolling fans that lost. But like you said, it's what happens. I'm ready. If SU wins today, I'll be after the NW fans starting Sunday. If SU loses, it's deflection time and I'll still talk smack to NW. :yahoo:

But really the OP is just my twist on what ACC teams need to do this Saturday to end the perception of being a poor football conference. SU needs to keep the Mo from last season and my boys say they got it. The Clemson/GA game .... man that one really has the road to a NC written all over it.

Now my PSU/SU thread....yep....I should catch some big hell if PSU pounds on SU all day. :nod: Ain't happening though. SUs gonna open some eyes.

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would not state a yearly event. Also the Big 12 is not the 2nd best conference. THe PAC or B1G is the second best conference. 3 teams have lost to an FCS school since 2000. FSU is not one of them. THe only 3 that have were DUKE(2011, but it is Duke football), VT(big time shocker), Virginia(Not a real football program for awhile).

On the other hand your Big 12 brother KState lost just last night to ND State.

Last year the B12 was absolutely the 2nd best conference manager. That applies because you brought up how WVU was losing games LAST YEAR. three is still too many even if two are Duke UVA.

However KSU losing to NDSU is just as bad if not worse. It is an embarrassment. Something I will not deny.

If SU and Clemson lose I wont make a big deal out of it. FWIW I am rooting for Clemson.

jonvi

La Familia Ohana
Hoopla Cash
$ 29,463.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last year the B12 was absolutely the 2nd best conference manager. That applies because you brought up how WVU was losing games LAST YEAR. three is still too many even if two are Duke UVA.

However KSU losing to NDSU is just as bad if not worse. It is an embarrassment. Something I will not deny.

If SU and Clemson lose I wont make a big deal out of it. FWIW I am rooting for Clemson.

You're losing respect fast. So where would have SU finished in the B12?

jonvi

La Familia Ohana
Hoopla Cash
$ 29,463.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO the PAC was better.

FSUmanager

FeartheSpear
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Not sure what you are basing the Big12 as the 2nd best conference. If we go by rankings then the Big 10 is the second best conference. If we go by bowl wins the Big 12 went 4-3. THe Big 10 went 2-5. So in this one you could make that argument. Just not really sure how you are basing your argument on. Please let me know.

I forgot to mention. Anybody will tell you that Duke has always been a horrible team. It would not be a surprise if they played my old high school team and lost. The only one that was an embarrassment was VT. That was a really really bad loss. Should never have happened.

Last edited by a moderator:

geneh_33

Go Home Run Heels!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, UNC stunk up the football field Thursday night. Worse than I had expected. But we did keep Clowney blocked so we did do something right.

It's up to the rest of youse guys to kick some ass and redeem the ACC!

SO WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR!

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jonvi

La Familia Ohana
Hoopla Cash
$ 29,463.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Tigers are first up to bat.

Cuse is on deck.

jonvi

La Familia Ohana
Hoopla Cash
$ 29,463.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And geneh....your boys were not expected to win that one. UNC looked good to me.

SC has some real game this year.

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure what you are basing the Big12 as the 2nd best conference. If we go by rankings then the Big 10 is the second best conference. If we go by bowl wins the Big 12 went 4-3. THe Big 10 went 2-5. So in this one you could make that argument. Just not really sure how you are basing your argument on. Please let me know.

I forgot to mention. Anybody will tell you that Duke has always been a horrible team. It would not be a surprise if they played my old high school team and lost. The only one that was an embarrassment was VT. That was a really really bad loss. Should never have happened.

I'm basing this on the B12 sending 90% of its conference to bowl games. Surely you can't deny 9 out of 10 teams playing in a bowl game to not be impressive. You just don't look at the top of the conference but you need to look at the whole conference.

I'll certainly argue as a whole that last year the PAC had two teams to hang their hats on and 2 or three ok teams. But certainly you can't argue for the PAC when half their conference was bad.

geneh_33

Go Home Run Heels!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't wait until after Clemson kicks them some UGGA ass!

GET READY FOR SOME FOOTBALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!! BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FSUmanager

FeartheSpear
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm basing this on the B12 sending 90% of its conference to bowl games. Surely you can't deny 9 out of 10 teams playing in a bowl game to not be impressive. You just don't look at the top of the conference but you need to look at the whole conference.

I'll certainly argue as a whole that last year the PAC had two teams to hang their hats on and 2 or three ok teams. But certainly you can't argue for the PAC when half their conference was bad.

Brother you need to look at how many bowls there are and what the regular season records of those teams are. I will break it down for you.

5 teams that with 7-5 regular season records.
1 team that had an 8-4 regular season record.
1 team who had a 6-6 regular season record.
1 team who had an 11-1 regular season record.
1 team who had a 10-2 regular season record.

That is a regular season record of 70-38 with a winning % of 64%. Not that great considering you had exactly 3 teams ranked in the final rankings.

The best two teams in your conference got BLASTED in their bowl games. 35-17 loss for KState. 41-13 loss for Oklahoma. Sorry man, but the regular season records of your Big12 members who went bowling were absolutely AVERAGE outside of two teams. Teams getting picked for bowl games really does not mean much anymore. Christ there are 35 bowl games. So 70 teams will get to play. All you have to do is have a 6-6 record to get a bowl game. Not a difficult feat to do. The Big 12 was average last year. They were not great and the B1G was above them this past season whether you want to admit that or not.

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Simple, then why didn't any other conference, particularly the PAC and B1G have more teams in bowl games? The B12 had 9 teams. The Pac had 8 and the B1G had 7. Both of which have more teams then the B12.

Again YOU NEED TO LOOK AT THE WHOLE CONFERENCE. Not just the top team/s. That is how I got to my conclusion.

jonvi

La Familia Ohana
Hoopla Cash
$ 29,463.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Simple, then why didn't any other conference, particularly the PAC and B1G have more teams in bowl games? The B12 had 9 teams. The Pac had 8 and the B1G had 7. Both of which have more teams then the B12.

Again YOU NEED TO LOOK AT THE WHOLE CONFERENCE. Not just the top team/s. That is how I got to my conclusion.

Because the B12 was overrated and got the nod....and an ass whoopin.

jonvi

La Familia Ohana
Hoopla Cash
$ 29,463.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well....back on track for the thread.....

SU couldn't muster up enough in the end to come up with the W. PSU is bigger and has a great receiver in Robinson who seemed to settle the Hack down. Hackenberg looked much better in the second half. SU has some things to work on and that's expected starting a QB who has been on campus only since July. Once Allen understands his receivers, SU will get a little more dangerous.

What can I say about Tahj Boyd and the Clemson Offense that hasn't already been said by the smart people. Clemson Carried the torch and really clamped down when it was needed. They are well coached and have the heart of a tiger.

geneh called it. Good game Clemson. Keep it up.

geneh_33

Go Home Run Heels!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well....back on track for the thread.....

SU couldn't muster up enough in the end to come up with the W. PSU is bigger and has a great receiver in Robinson who seemed to settle the Hack down. Hackenberg looked much better in the second half. SU has some things to work on and that's expected starting a QB who has been on campus only since July. Once Allen understands his receivers, SU will get a little more dangerous.

What can I say about Tahj Boyd and the Clemson Offense that hasn't already been said by the smart people. Clemson Carried the torch and really clamped down when it was needed. They are well coached and have the heart of a tiger.

geneh called it. Good game Clemson. Keep it up.

CLEMSON is the new #1 team in the nation. I wish! :lol:

Kudos to Syracuse, who played a good game. Keep it up!

geneh_33

Go Home Run Heels!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Virginia beat BYU, something GT couldn't do. Kudos to UVA!

jonvi

La Familia Ohana
Hoopla Cash
$ 29,463.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Virgina and Clemson came away with wins. Good Stuff. SU didn't carry their end, but the D looked good.

No bust for the thread.