• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Virginia, Clemson and Syracuse Must Carry the Torch….

jonvi

La Familia Ohana
Hoopla Cash
$ 29,463.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
…..on Opening weekend...if the ACC wants to be in the NC hunt.

UNC goes to and takes on a very tough SC team and is not expect to win. If they pull off the upset, that would be outstanding for the league.

But the teams that can pull out the Ws are Virginia, Clemson and Syracuse. The premier game is Georgia @ Clemson. Everyone is very high on the bulldogs. Don’t sign jonvi up for that today. Clemson is going to make a statement and take it to the dogs all game long. No matter the outcome, this is going to be one of the best games of the weekend.

All three ACC teams are currently listed as underdogs. If Clemson, Virginia and Syracuse step up, the ACC SOS will be in good shape. Maintain good play all season and opening weekend sets up a run at the NC for Clemson or FSU.

Below is how the games are shaping up:

Thrusday:

UNC @ SC – 6:00pm, ESPN. SC -12

Saturday:

Georgia @ Clemson – 8:00pm, ABC. GA -1.5

BYU @ Virginia – 3:30pm, ESPNU,.BYU -1

VT vs Bama – Neutral @ Georgia Dome, Atlanta, GA. Bama -20

SU vs PSU – Neutral @ Met Life Stadium, East Rutherford, NJ. 3:30pm, ABC Regional. PSU – 8.

On a homer note. Very few give SU a chance in this. jonvi is here to tell you this year’s version of SU is going to open some eyes. SU is better than billed. Look for outstanding play on both sides, and some sloppy as both teams try on new QB’s and fill some holes. But don’t expect this SU team to roll over. PSU will be hit in the head all game long.

There are also games that should be blowouts:

Florida Atlantic at Miami. UM doesn’t need to carry the torch…more like go have a smoke. UM is favored by 32.

And Florida International @ Maryland. Nobody in the ACC cares about MD.

Louisiana Tech @ NC State

NC Central @ Duke. Even odds. Duke has to win this. If they do, no one cares. If they don’t….pfft.

And FSU goes to Pitt for the only conference game matchup.

Hope I didn’t miss anyone.

Go Cuse!

jonvi

La Familia Ohana
Hoopla Cash
$ 29,463.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I did miss two games.

Presbyterian @ WF

and

Elon @ GT.

Not much happening there.

Go Cuse!

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last I saw, which was late last night on Fox Sports 1, UGA was a 2 point underdawg (hehe). But I wasn't really paying that much attention and could have gotten it wrong. Also, when it's that close, I'd just as soon call it even since I'm not betting.

jonvi

La Familia Ohana
Hoopla Cash
$ 29,463.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last I saw, which was late last night on Fox Sports 1, UGA was a 2 point underdawg (hehe). But I wasn't really paying that much attention and could have gotten it wrong. Also, when it's that close, I'd just as soon call it even since I'm not betting.

Got the data from seebeesss this morning. Like you said.... -1, even. It's all good. And as folks place bets, the line changes.

Good luck to the dogs. Your boys have a great squad. I'm going to miss the Florida/Georgia game this year, but we are working on it next year. My brother's a big Gator fan. We have a couple of nephews that went to Florida and the four of us try to go occasionally.

What a party that game is. I wish I had somethin up this way that was even close.

Runeman

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,650.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see an upset in the making with the ORANGE running over the top of Penn State. Syracuse gets no respect and is tough in New York....see West Virginia 2 years in a row and last year Teddy and company got pounded. IMO, Syracuse has a tenacious defense and a good offensive line with 3 guys that could be the top running attack in the ACC. QB is a question, but handing the ball off should be easy enough. Very close low scoring in the 1st half with Penn State fading in the 2nd half in spite of 8 guys in the box trying to stop the Prince and Smith.

Georgia is a little deeper than Clemson, however an away game for Georgia makes this one close. Boyd and Murray are both top ten picks in next years draft and both have good receivers. Both defenses are in for a long day. This should be a great game...Georgia wins....maybe

jonvi

La Familia Ohana
Hoopla Cash
$ 29,463.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only one of those three teams has legit BCS hopes though.

Nobody said different. But if SU beats PSU, does it not help either Clemson's and FSU's SOS?

Runeman

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,650.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only one of those three teams has legit BCS hopes though.
Little early for that statement. IMO, Clemson, Georgia, South Carolina are excellent teams and we really don't know how the season plays out. You probably would have not given Notre Dame much of a chance last year either. That's why they play the games.
Nobody said different. But if SU beats PSU, does it not help either Clemson's and FSU's SOS?

Not sure beating Penn State does much for the SOS, but we shall see about that. Only know of one person who thinks Penn State is an excellent team and he doesn't post on this board...LOL

jonvi

La Familia Ohana
Hoopla Cash
$ 29,463.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Little early for that statement. IMO, Clemson, Georgia, South Carolina are excellent teams and we really don't know how the season plays out. You probably would have not given Notre Dame much of a chance last year either. That's why they play the games.

Not sure beating Penn State does much for the SOS, but we shall see about that. Only know of one person who thinks Penn State is an excellent team and he doesn't post on this board...LOL

I think forty was referreing to ACC teams only.

Second bold...:nod:....A little inside stuff there.

But the PSU faitful on SportsHoopla have already dismissed SU...along with most others as well. I can't wait.

Ref the SOS...Both PSU and SU are expected to have lesser seasons than the previous. If either or both step up, it will help their conferences SOS.

SU plays Clemson and FSU this year. PSU plays a fair schedule in the B1G. The season has to play out, but the potential is there for the PSU/SU game to impact each conference SOS.

amszete

STRIKE FIRST|STRIKE HARD.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hope all ACC teams do well except for Virginia. The Fagaliers can suck it.

uncfan103

Not Banned
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,333.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think a Virginia loss to BYU is that big of a deal. UVA is probably going to be at the bottom of the ACC and BYU is a good program. IMO, Clemson is the most relevant game this week because they're going to be one of the top ACC teams and Georgia is going to be a top SEC team. UNC is going to be further down in the ACC than USC in the SEC and same with VT compared to Alabama. The ACC will look awful 0-3 vs. the SEC even though the matchups favor the SEC.

Syracuse is another important game and I think they need to win their matchup because, again, at the end of the year the ACC compared to the B1G Syracuse is going to be about the same level as Penn State.

Also, Duke isn't going to lose...Cutcliffe is a good coach and Duke has beaten much better teams when they were much much worse. The ACC needs to hope NC State beats LA Tech, but personally I hope LA Tech has found replacements for Colby Cameron and Quinton Patton and can score 60+, but it's doubtful.

jonvi

La Familia Ohana
Hoopla Cash
$ 29,463.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think a Virginia loss to BYU is that big of a deal. UVA is probably going to be at the bottom of the ACC and BYU is a good program. IMO, Clemson is the most relevant game this week because they're going to be one of the top ACC teams and Georgia is going to be a top SEC team. UNC is going to be further down in the ACC than USC in the SEC and same with VT compared to Alabama. The ACC will look awful 0-3 vs. the SEC even though the matchups favor the SEC.

Syracuse is another important game and I think they need to win their matchup because, again, at the end of the year the ACC compared to the B1G Syracuse is going to be about the same level as Penn State.

Also, Duke isn't going to lose...Cutcliffe is a good coach and Duke has beaten much better teams when they were much much worse. The ACC needs to hope NC State beats LA Tech, but personally I hope LA Tech has found replacements for Colby Cameron and Quinton Patton and can score 60+, but it's doubtful.

Good rundown. I'm still learning the players in the ACC. In time....I'll get there.

jonvi

La Familia Ohana
Hoopla Cash
$ 29,463.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also watched ESPN over lunch...they are giving UNC a chance in this one. I'm shocked because I think SC is pretty good. I'm finding out UNC is good too.

GL with your season. I have a few Tarheel buds and respect the program a bunch. Really started liking them back in the Mack Brown days.

uncfan103

Not Banned
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,333.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also watched ESPN over lunch...they are giving UNC a chance in this one. I'm shocked because I think SC is pretty good. I'm finding out UNC is good too.

GL with your season. I have a few Tarheel buds and respect the program a bunch. Really started liking them back in the Mack Brown days.

I think SC is good. I think we're good enough to have a chance, but it boils down to unknowns (our OL, with 2 freshmen starters, and whether or not our defense is actually much improved like they say they are). We've got a ton of talent coming back though.

Thanks, and good luck with your season as well

olympicoscar

Life is what you've made of it.
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,999.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
…..on Opening weekend...if the ACC wants to be in the NC hunt.

UNC goes to and takes on a very tough SC team and is not expect to win. If they pull off the upset, that would be outstanding for the league.

But the teams that can pull out the Ws are Virginia, Clemson and Syracuse. The premier game is Georgia @ Clemson. Everyone is very high on the bulldogs. Don’t sign jonvi up for that today. Clemson is going to make a statement and take it to the dogs all game long. No matter the outcome, this is going to be one of the best games of the weekend.

All three ACC teams are currently listed as underdogs. If Clemson, Virginia and Syracuse step up, the ACC SOS will be in good shape. Maintain good play all season and opening weekend sets up a run at the NC for Clemson or FSU.

Below is how the games are shaping up:

Thrusday:

UNC @ SC – 6:00pm, ESPN. SC -12

Saturday:

Georgia @ Clemson – 8:00pm, ABC. GA -1.5

BYU @ Virginia – 3:30pm, ESPNU,.BYU -1

VT vs Bama – Neutral @ Georgia Dome, Atlanta, GA. Bama -20

SU vs PSU – Neutral @ Met Life Stadium, East Rutherford, NJ. 3:30pm, ABC Regional. PSU – 8.

On a homer note. Very few give SU a chance in this. jonvi is here to tell you this year’s version of SU is going to open some eyes. SU is better than billed. Look for outstanding play on both sides, and some sloppy as both teams try on new QB’s and fill some holes. But don’t expect this SU team to roll over. PSU will be hit in the head all game long.

There are also games that should be blowouts:

Florida Atlantic at Miami. UM doesn’t need to carry the torch…more like go have a smoke. UM is favored by 32.

And Florida International @ Maryland. Nobody in the ACC cares about MD.

Louisiana Tech @ NC State

NC Central @ Duke. Even odds. Duke has to win this. If they do, no one cares. If they don’t….pfft.

And FSU goes to Pitt for the only conference game matchup.

Hope I didn’t miss anyone.

Go Cuse!

Only Clemson and Florida St really count. Can't see an ACC team making it the nc game. Clemson would seem to have the best chance. The game with South Carolina at the end of the season could be the decider.

uncfan103

Not Banned
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,333.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only Clemson and Florida St really count. Can't see an ACC team making it the nc game. Clemson would seem to have the best chance. The game with South Carolina at the end of the season could be the decider.

Most likely no ACC team is going to make the title game. But Clemson and Florida State aren't the only two with an outside chance. Miami could get in.

FSUmanager

FeartheSpear
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most likely no ACC team is going to make the title game. But Clemson and Florida State aren't the only two with an outside chance. Miami could get in.

Not a chance. Miami will have 3 losses at minimum this year. Unfortunately for them Duke Johnson will not make that big of a difference for them. Their D is absolutely atrocious. That is pathetic considering the talent level on it.

uncfan103

Not Banned
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,333.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not a chance. Miami will have 3 losses at minimum this year. Unfortunately for them Duke Johnson will not make that big of a difference for them. Their D is absolutely atrocious. That is pathetic considering the talent level on it.

Miami has a chance if they go undefeated and Florida wins the SEC. I don't think Miami will win the ACC but Clemson and FSU aren't the only possible teams. Miami has the schedule to get them to the title game if they were to go undefeated. That's all I was saying.

FSUmanager

FeartheSpear
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Miami has a chance if they go undefeated and Florida wins the SEC. I don't think Miami will win the ACC but Clemson and FSU aren't the only possible teams. Miami has the schedule to get them to the title game if they were to go undefeated. That's all I was saying.

I can understand what your saying, but there is no way that they can beat UF, FSU @ FSU, UNC @ UNC, and VT at home. Their schedule seems light, but do not forget it was light last year too and they were horrible minus a few games. I see FSU, UF, and UNC as definite losses for them. VT is a lean for me.

Morris and the WRs better have an absolutely outstanding year against the better defenses they face. Last year they folded against all of them.

FSU and Clemson are the teams you put your money on for the ACC. Miami is still 2 years away IMO.