• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Vikings

Pushn40

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, the Vikings are in chaos, and after Monday night's embarrassing debacle, the franchise is clearly on the ropes and have gone to the corner licking their wounds like an injured, rabid dog.

This Sunday's match up with Green Bay is interesting, because they could respond in their building in any number of ways, but I'm thinking there's two likely scenarios:

#1: They continue to slide with Freeman still learning the offense and throwing 80% of his passes 15 yards over the heads of his receivers. The team as a whole appears disheartened and ready to throw the towel in for the season.

#2: The Vikings, with their backs against the wall and thoroughly pissed off at being embarrassed on National Television the week prior, come out against the Packers with a season's worth of pent up frustration and play like the rabid, injured dogs they are right now.

The Packers could and should win in either of the above scenarios this weekend, but the tone of the game - if not dictated by the Packers - will be interesting to watch. Other factors to watch is how the Minny coaching staff scheme for this game. It was amazing to watch their game plan against the Giants on Monday - having Freeman throw over 50 passes while playing from a very limited play book - was incredulous. Nevermind that they kept him in the game through 4 quarters, and then declared him the starter this weekend. It wouldn't suprise me in the least if Frazier changes his mind last minute and starts either Ponder or Cassel.

I'm trying not to be concerned about this game, but if there's one thing we've learned over the years when the Vikings play GB, it's that Minny plays these games like it's their super bowl. With GB down several weapons on offense, it will come down to how many of the replacement guys can step up and successfully execute and contribute.

I actually think that no matter what team Minny brings to the field on Sunday night, it's imperative for GB to take the game to them - set the tone and dictate the outcome. Then, the hapless, tasteless Vikings won't have a chance to enforce their will, or their incredulous game plan!

Last edited by a moderator:

coulomb

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wonder if they fired up the batphone and proposed to the 'ol gunslinger'? I hear Jeff George is available. That organization is run like a 12 year old playing madden.

Mondio

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a division game, they're all professionalsn (although you wouldn't have guessed watching the Vikes/Giants game), but yes, GB should win this easily.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A win within the division is always good no matter what but we should beat these guys by at least 20. Anything short of that would be slightly disappointing.

packfancjh

Hoopla Cash
$ 403.15
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From what I know he was pretty much a full participant in practice all week so he should be able to go, same with Brad Jones, James Starks and Bush

North of Patagonia / South of Iguazu Falls
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is the Friday injury report...

Probable - J. Bush, Starks, Hayward, McMillian
Questionable - B. Jones, N. Perry
Doubtful - J. Jones
Out - Finley, Clay, Taylor

Will be good to have Hayward back and Bush back on STs. Would be good to have Perry back if he is near 100% for the pass rush.

cwood

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I doubt this will be an easy game. The defense is getting healthy but people seem to be ignoring how historically awful the situation is on offense. At receiver we have Nelson and 2 undrafted free agents and no 4th receiver. This will be complimented by a backup tight end. The offense is going to struggle.

MajorPackersFan

Boycott CBS!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
cwood, despite the Browns being the Browns, they do have a pretty well respected secondary. It's better than the one in Minnesota, without debate. Boykin took a step forward last week, and as for the other guys, with Rodgers, all they need to do is run their route and catch the ball. Rodgers will get it to them.

Matching up talent for talent, the Packers should dominate this game. However, the rivalry factor may have other things to say, and it could very well turn into a close game.

Besides, they are going back to Christian Ponder, who has almost single-handedly turned the SKOL Vikings into LOL Vikings.

GiantsPackersChamps2011

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As nice as this matchup looks for us on paper it's still a division battle on the road and these games are usually never "easy". Jared Allen will of course be bringing pressure all game, Shariff Floyd is a very good player himself but still developing as a rookie. Ponder did beat our defense Week 17 last year. Yes, our defense is better and Ponder doesn't look like the same QB but he still has to be accounted for. While our run D has been very, very good this year we are still going against the best RB in the league and one of the best RB's ever to take the field. This game isn't a cake walk

cwood

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There isn't an offense in the NFL with worse receiving options than what the Packers have right now. The fact that people are ignoring that is insane.

Pushn40

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know it's just football, but this game has me worried, LoL.

MajorPackersFan

Boycott CBS!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
GPC, I understand where you're coming from, and I agree for the most part. Division games are rarely easy. As for week 17 last year, though. It was AP that beat us, not Ponder. AP had 199 yards in that game, and all of Ponder's TDs game from five or less yards. With the all-time rushing record on the line, the Packers were stacking the box to keep AP out of the endzone, and Ponder got aq few good throws in.

I will admit AP is likely the best RB in the game today, but I don't see him getting 199 yards tomorrow, thus limiting the success of Ponder.

cwood, take a look at the Patriot's core of WRs before Gronk came back. Not a single one of them could carry Jordy's jock. They all may have more catches that the rest of our WRs, but that certainly doesn't make them better. As long as our WRs run the right routes, you know Rodgers will get the ball there on target.

In other words, I don't believe we have BAD receiving options. We just have UNPROVEN ones. They likely will make a few mistakes, but the team, as a whole, should be able to make up for them.

North of Patagonia / South of Iguazu Falls
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The defense is getting healthy but people seem to be ignoring how historically awful the situation is on offense.

Historically awful on offense with Rodgers at QB? Maybe you do not remember Tagge, Hadl, Wright or Dilweg that have made starts at QB for Packers in 70/80´s.

Packers still have Nelson and WR group was not surprised that Boykin played well last week. Packers have Starks returning along with Lacy and Franklin.

Not ideal, but this is far from historically bad for Packers.

YMH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That pass rush could present some trouble but Aaron should have no trouble slicing up that secondary even without Finley and Cobb

cwood

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Historically awful on offense with Rodgers at QB? Maybe you do not remember Tagge, Hadl, Wright or Dilweg that have made starts at QB for Packers in 70/80´s.

Packers still have Nelson and WR group was not surprised that Boykin played well last week. Packers have Starks returning along with Lacy and Franklin.

Not ideal, but this is far from historically bad for Packers.

Lol, I'm only old enough to remember half of that list. I was using hyperbole, but I would be shocked if the offense functions anywhere near smoothly tomorrow... at least assuming Jones doesn't play.

Mondio

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
there's no denying AP's talent. He's good, and he's torched us in the past. I think our DL is playing at a much, much higher level than last year. I don't want to put my foot in my mouth, but I'll be surprised if AP has a big day tomorrow. I think they'll hold him in check.