• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Vikings @ Bears

Nelly

Respectin' hoes, nationwide
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Biggest game of the year. Figured it deserves it's own thread.

I think the game comes down to our D line. The Vikes' offensive line sucks but Cousins has been good under pressure nonetheless. We need to dominate their O line and control the line of scrimmage because i don't expect things to come easy for our offense.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed about this easily being the biggest game of the year, at least to date. We have to control the line of scrimmage on both sides of the ball. Not sure we can win a game against the Vikes by rushing a grand total of 54 yards, as we did against the Lions. Our running game will have to keep them honest, or else they are going to load up on Mitch all game.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This will say a lot more about where the Bears are than the past 3 weeks. Crossing my fingers on this thing.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One possible X factor here worth discussing will be the weather conditions. Even tho the Vikings players live in an even colder climate than our boys, they play under a nice toasty dome. And so far this year they have yet to play a game in really cold weather on the road. Game time temp Sunday night is figuring to be around 0, with the wind chill putting it in minus territory. The temperature of our game yesterday, while hardly frigid, was still on the cold side, so at least we have a bit of an acclimation advantage going on. Guess we'll have to see who adjusts better to these conditions.

Nelly

Respectin' hoes, nationwide
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One possible X factor here worth discussing will be the weather conditions. Even tho the Vikings players live in an even colder climate than our boys, they play under a nice toasty dome. And so far this year they have yet to play a game in really cold weather on the road. Game time temp Sunday night is figuring to be around 0, with the wind chill putting it in minus territory. The temperature of our game yesterday, while hardly frigid, was still on the cold side, so at least we have a bit of an acclimation advantage going on. Guess we'll have to see who adjusts better to these conditions.
Meh. I wouldn't put a whole lot into that.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not putting all that much into it, but it can be a factor - how much so? We'll learn that when the game is played.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the difference in this game will be Oline. We have a good one, they have a shitty one.

fknhippie

I'll shit in your shoes.
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vikes...prime time...I hope they show up.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They have a good pass rush too though.
Yes they do and unfortunately the Vikings finally figured out that they have a damn fine defensive unit. For a while there it was looking like swiss cheese. But they finally got their act together. I expect a brutal battle Sunday night. But how refreshing it is to be this far along into the season and knowing this game matters more than just for a draft slot.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
tenor.gif

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The bigger factor here is the vikings coming off a bye week. They've had a lot of time to prepare for the Bears. I'm sure they'll throw in alot of wrinkles on defense to confuse Trubisky. Also seeing how tight our secondary coverages has been in the Lions game, i expect our fair share of doubles moves by their receivers.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is the biggest game we've played since Week 17 in 2013

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Not sure where you're seeing that

Chicago, IL 10-Day Weather Forecast - The Weather Channel | Weather.com

Day-time high low-mid 30's and upper 20's at night. A little bit of wind.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shit, me neither now. I did one of those 7 day forecast things on the net and I swear that's what popped up at the time. I just ran it again and sure enough, it's showing what you linked. Weird.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shit, me neither now. I did one of those 7 day forecast things on the net and I swear that's what popped up at the time. I just ran it again and sure enough, it's showing what you linked. Weird.

Yeah, it will be freezing temps and windy near the lake as usual. Supposed to snow Saturday night as well. However, it's a pretty standard November forecast in Chicago. When you were talking about a kick-off temp at 0 - I was having flashbacks to the MNF game vs Green Bay in December of 08 or the 05 SNF game vs Vick. lol

The GB or LAR games in December have that kind of potential. As would a January home playoff game (I hope). Rare you'd get one in November.

I am actually curious about how this team will react in its first truly brutal weather game. The offense relies heavily on not just the passing game - but misdirection, speed... etc... Our turf gets brutal to stay upright on in winter.