• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Vikings 2020 Thread

PnkPanther

Hoopla Cash
$ 253.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuck do we suck.

Like everywhere. Entire D. Kirk. Bisi and Irv look like hot garbage. Not even getting Dalvin going. Just terrible.

Spielman drafts have really gone downhill. Just not finding impact players anymore. Not ready to call it quits on Irv Smith, but haven't been impressed at all

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Spielman drafts have really gone downhill. Just not finding impact players anymore. Not ready to call it quits on Irv Smith, but haven't been impressed at all
Zimmer is a bad coach.

PnkPanther

Hoopla Cash
$ 253.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Barr out for the season

Win TWINS!!!

Least Racist Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm on the Cowboys board but then you already knew that.

confused john travolta GIF

• Haha
Reactions: GNG

PnkPanther

Hoopla Cash
$ 253.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well. Yeah

2020 Vikings. They'll do just enough to avoid high pick

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow. The interior OL completely fails us when the game is on the line. Who could have seen that coming? :rolleyes2:

Said it before the season will say it again, last offseason was a complete bust from the General Manager aspect of the game because we literally didn't do anything to improve the interior OL despite having one of the worst in the league last season. And that once again is hamstringing the offense.

I thought that there wasn't a possible way that the Vikings could find an offensive guard that pass blocked worse than Elflein. Samia is proving me wrong.

GhostOfPoverty

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey all. Long time no see.

I'm just here to admit that I was totally wrong about the Cousins extension. When it happened, I was just so sick of seeing total bum QBs on the team all the time, so having seen decent competency (a decent amount of the time, anyway) at the position in Cousins for a couple years really grew on me.

I don't even just blame Cousins. If any of us had the chance to land an elite QB type NFL deal, we wouldn't turn it down just because we knew the team was overpaying either. However, the simple reality is that winning in the NFL without a legit top tier QB is extremely difficult. The 2017 team was a great example of how to compete without one (great defense, plus several good skills position players on offense that hadn't gotten paid yet). Granted, we were overpaying Bradford to sit out injured for Keenum for most of that year, but I digress.

You just can't win in the NFL by drastically overpaying for a QB. You either go cheap and use the savings maximizing the rest of the roster (and generally wind up getting exposed like the Philly NFC title game in 2017), or you find your own franchise QB in the draft. For our Vikes, that means they probably need to suck badly enough for a chance to draft a can't-miss college prospect, as well as getting lucky with the year it happens.

PnkPanther

Hoopla Cash
$ 253.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we're on the board

sad new year GIF

Win TWINS!!!

Least Racist Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How about that Jefferson kid....

no missing Diggs at this point.

Win TWINS!!!

Least Racist Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey all. Long time no see.

I'm just here to admit that I was totally wrong about the Cousins extension. When it happened, I was just so sick of seeing total bum QBs on the team all the time, so having seen decent competency (a decent amount of the time, anyway) at the position in Cousins for a couple years really grew on me.

I don't even just blame Cousins. If any of us had the chance to land an elite QB type NFL deal, we wouldn't turn it down just because we knew the team was overpaying either. However, the simple reality is that winning in the NFL without a legit top tier QB is extremely difficult. The 2017 team was a great example of how to compete without one (great defense, plus several good skills position players on offense that hadn't gotten paid yet). Granted, we were overpaying Bradford to sit out injured for Keenum for most of that year, but I digress.

You just can't win in the NFL by drastically overpaying for a QB. You either go cheap and use the savings maximizing the rest of the roster (and generally wind up getting exposed like the Philly NFC title game in 2017), or you find your own franchise QB in the draft. For our Vikes, that means they probably need to suck badly enough for a chance to draft a can't-miss college prospect, as well as getting lucky with the year it happens.

It's REALLY difficult to say what Cousins is... this line has been a mess for so long, that they should've addressed it and went full rebuild, rather than pursuing him.

I didn't really pay attention this offseason - but there was a ton of turnover, and somehow, we got to be the second youngest team in the league? I'm not going to bother looking this up to substantiate it... but if that's the case - being , how tight we are against the cap, we should just eat the dead money on his contract after this year, and maximize on some of the other talents before they get too long in the tooth.