• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Vikes fans

Status
Not open for further replies.

RollingHills

Hoopla Cash
$ 2.11
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bears first eight games are tough. I could see them starting poorly. 3-5 or even worse.

DaBearsShowPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bears first eight games are tough. I could see them starting poorly. 3-5 or even worse.

I only see 3 teams in the first 8 games that could give us bigger problems and that is the Packers, Steelers and Giants. Im not worried about Dalton and the Bengals especially the first game of the year. We know how to play the Vikings and Lions and they have no idea what we will be made of this year so we have the advantage, plus Ponders wont beat us in the 2nd week of the year. The Bears have had no problem with Brees in the past and their defense is very unpredictable this year and with a new DC and I dont see how RG3 out plays the Bears defense and their defense out playing our offense. The Redskins are one of the most overrated teams in my book.

JohnRandle

Gold Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,356.27
Fav. Team #1
I only see 3 teams in the first 8 games that could give us bigger problems and that is the Packers, Steelers and Giants. Im not worried about Dalton and the Bengals especially the first game of the year. We know how to play the Vikings and Lions and they have no idea what we will be made of this year so we have the advantage, plus Ponders wont beat us in the 2nd week of the year. The Bears have had no problem with Brees in the past and their defense is very unpredictable this year and with a new DC and I dont see how RG3 out plays the Bears defense and their defense out playing our offense. The Redskins are one of the most overrated teams in my book.

While I think Trestman will get the Bears offense turned around, I don't think it'll be this season.
I'm not convinced the Bears make the playoffs this season. Not so much convinced the Vikes will either, but I believe they have a better chance than the Bears.

DaBearsShowPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While I think Trestman will get the Bears offense turned around, I don't think it'll be this season.
I'm not convinced the Bears make the playoffs this season. Not so much convinced the Vikes will either, but I believe they have a better chance than the Bears.

No matter how Trestman runs this offense it will be a huge improvement from last year to this year so it will be turned around but it will also take time for them to learn it even better. Yes we have a tougher schedule then last year but we have done nothing but improved our overall team. I would take our offensive weapons verse your LB's and DB's any day of the week and there is no question that our DB's will out play your offensive weapons. It will still be the Peterson show and no way Jennings and Patterson make Ponders a good QB. I personally dont see the Vikings winning more then 8 games this year.

JohnRandle

Gold Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,356.27
Fav. Team #1
Can't argue with logic. I guess we'll see you at the Super Bowl party then.

JohnRandle

Gold Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,356.27
Fav. Team #1
I gotta hit the sack folks.
Talk to ya'll tomorrow night.

Night MVF..

DaBearsShowPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't argue with logic. I guess we'll see you at the Super Bowl party then.

Neither Bears or Vikings will be making the Super Bowl this year but the Bears will outplay the Vikings this year with an NFL looking offense.

powerchord86

Tolerator
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,744.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Neither Bears or Vikings will be making the Super Bowl this year but the Bears will outplay the Vikings this year with an NFL looking offense.

bring-it.gif

powerchord86

Tolerator
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,744.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's preseason and everyone's balls are all blown up about their team. Anything can happen and will.

Let the cards fall where they may and enjoy the ride. Even Packers fans... :wink:

SKOL! :suds:

ladyrockess

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's preseason and everyone's balls are all blown up about their team. Anything can happen and will.

Let the cards fall where they may and enjoy the ride. Even Packers fans... :wink:

Psyched about tonight's game? I'm pissed I'm going to have to watch NFL Redzone to see any of it, I can only see Jags-Dolphins and Cheatriots-Iggles in their entirety. Of course.

Thank God for twitter :L

powerchord86

Tolerator
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,744.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Psyched about tonight's game? I'm pissed I'm going to have to watch NFL Redzone to see any of it, I can only see Jags-Dolphins and Cheatriots-Iggles in their entirety. Of course.

Thank God for twitter :L

That's a bummer. Too bad you can't find a feed to stream online or something.

I actually don't get too crazy about preseason games myself but will probably check some of it out.

ladyrockess

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's a bummer. Too bad you can't find a feed to stream online or something.

I actually don't get too crazy about preseason games myself but will probably check some of it out.

Oh I would, but I want to see it on the BIG screen. I move soon and my tv is 11" so I'm watching as much as I can on Dad's bigscreen while I can.

DaBearsShowPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I agree with this and I meant no harm by my comments I am just letting you know what I see. I'm also not going to come onto the Vikings thread and talk about the Bears because I know we wont be Super Bowl contenders for at least a few more years, a lot more still has to be changed for that to happen. Both teams are in the same boat. They both have the potential to be very good teams but have poor Qb play and thats not going to make you Super Bowl contenders.

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's to an injury-free preseason game.

JohnRandle

Gold Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,356.27
Fav. Team #1
I agree with this and I meant no harm by my comments I am just letting you know what I see. I'm also not going to come onto the Vikings thread and talk about the Bears because I know we wont be Super Bowl contenders for at least a few more years, a lot more still has to be changed for that to happen. Both teams are in the same boat. They both have the potential to be very good teams but have poor Qb play and thats not going to make you Super Bowl contenders.

But they also have huge potential at the QB position.
TBH, I wanted the Vikes to go after Cutler, and thought he would get the Bears offense going, but thought it would be immediately, with Smith as coach.
But after one full season, to say Ponder will not progress as an NFL QB is absurd. Not because I think he'll be a good QB, but because you don't know how he'll do at all.
The video of training camp you seen might have been the TE drills, where Ponder was supposed to throw some erratic passes, to make the receiver/te go after the ball.???
Truth is, nobody knows how Ponder will do this season.

But if you want to continually come here and state that Ponder will not be a good QB, then so be it. But you really don't know for sure, and will look like a huge moron if he has a good season, just for the fact that you've been here stating as an actual fact about things that you really have no idea about.

Now, I'm very drunk, and I may have rambled on a bit, but you'll get the jist of what I'm trying to say....I'm sure..lol

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Obviously I love the Vikes have for 40 years but Ponder can't make all the throws, count me as one who is in favor of finding a new QB in '14... Hope he proves me wrong...

JohnRandle

Gold Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,356.27
Fav. Team #1
Obviously I love the Vikes have for 40 years but Ponder can't make all the throws, count me as one who is in favor of finding a new QB in '14... Hope he proves me wrong...

That's just it.....Nobody knows for sure.
I'll give him this season, then we'll know if he has it or not.
I'm not some big Ponder apologist, but I'll give him the time to develop.

Status
Not open for further replies.