• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Vikes fans

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow! At 11 that must have been very cool. I was a huge football fan at that age, and would have loved to meet those guys. Although, the only one I really remember is Rashad for my era.
I was 11 in '80, so we are about the same age..for what it's worth. lol

Yeah this was back in like I said 79 or so and the Vikes were still playing at the old met, alot of Vikings players lived in Lakeville, Studwell, Kramer, Foreman, I didn't get to meet those guys but it was really cool, I was a huge Rashad fan especially after how cool he was to me and my cousin. Yeah I was born in 68 so I too am an old man now. LOL

JohnRandle

Gold Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,356.27
Fav. Team #1
Yeah this was back in like I said 79 or so and the Vikes were still playing at the old met, alot of Vikings players lived in Lakeville, Studwell, Kramer, Foreman, I didn't get to meet those guys but it was really cool, I was a huge Rashad fan especially after how cool he was to me and my cousin. Yeah I was born in 68 so I too am an old man now. LOL

LOL, I remember the Vikes/Raiders Super Bowl vaguely. But in '79 I was playing and watching football religiously. In '79 I drew every teams helmets and hung the drawings around my bedroom wall.
I was born in '69.

ladyrockess

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Football is quickly approaching. I'm sure once the season gets going this place will pick up.

I'm so antsy for some football! Can't even begin to explain how nuts I'm feeling. The fact I have an upper respiratory infection and an ear infection is all that's stopping me from dancing around my room in frustration.

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The fact I have an upper respiratory infection and an ear infection is all that's stopping me from dancing around my room in frustration
Damn, hope that gets better in a hurry...

JohnRandle

Gold Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,356.27
Fav. Team #1
No doubt, that sucks lady..
You guys have a good evening, time for me to call it a night.

ladyrockess

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn, hope that gets better in a hurry...

Thanks, the doc gave me all sorts of godawful horse pills so I should be feeling better soon. I have to take mucinex too so the crap in my chest breaks up and I don't get bronchitis, but even nasty-tasting pills like mucinex are better than bronchitis.

And, best of all, I can DRINK on these pills!! Nothing worse than being put on the no-alcohol antibiotics :L

No doubt, that sucks lady..
You guys have a good evening, time for me to call it a night.

Thanks, and gnight!

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is it bad that I was laughing uncontrollably at Percy getting hurt...again?

ladyrockess

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Sorry, but yes. I never celebrate any players being hurt...there's not much honor in winning against an injury-depleted team.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry, but yes. I never celebrate any players being hurt...there's not much honor in winning against an injury-depleted team.

Screw honor. Percy didn't have any.

We made out great in the deal and I am loving it.

powerchord86

Tolerator
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,744.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Like you said lady, not to celebrate an injury but I can't lie, this is making my day.

Vikes look like a bunch of geniuses on that move. I applauded it then and I applaud it even more now! :clap:

:10: :lol:

ladyrockess

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

As a Gator, I must disagree with that statement. I remember his freshman season he was playing vs FSU, got a NECK injury, was carted off the field in a stretcher, and came back for the SEC championship next week and scored two touchdowns.

Percy's worse "offense" against the Vikings was holding out for a couple weeks one summer. Once the coaches agreed to give him more touches (oh God, a player wants more plays!! The HUMANITY!!) he immediately went back to work.

I mean, did he break two teammates' noses like Steve Smith? Talk shit about the staff like Tiki Barber? Do an epic bitchfest like Randy Moss?

Seriously, back up your assertion that Percy has no honor.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Lakeville Minnesota, spent lots of time there before it got so damn big, my mother grew up there and my grandparents lived there for over 40 years, I went to Ahmad Rashad, Paul Krause and Bob Lurtsema's houses in Lakeville... I know this has nothing to do with the Vikes really, just seen someone from Lakeville and it brought back memories...

I went to Hubert Olson Jr High School in Bloomington and was on the football team from 7th to 9th grade (1969-72). Jim Marshall lived literally right across the street from where we practiced. He and some other guys used to come over from time to time and watch and give us pointers. Was a real treat, especially for me because I played right defensive end :)

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a Gator, I must disagree with that statement. I remember his freshman season he was playing vs FSU, got a NECK injury, was carted off the field in a stretcher, and came back for the SEC championship next week and scored two touchdowns.

Percy's worse "offense" against the Vikings was holding out for a couple weeks one summer. Once the coaches agreed to give him more touches (oh God, a player wants more plays!! The HUMANITY!!) he immediately went back to work.

I mean, did he break two teammates' noses like Steve Smith? Talk shit about the staff like Tiki Barber? Do an epic bitchfest like Randy Moss?

Seriously, back up your assertion that Percy has no honor.

He flat out quit on the Vikes. Obviously you have some sentimental bias to the guy but he wanted nothing to do with us. We made a smart business decision. He is someone elses problem...or headache(see what I did there?)

ladyrockess

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He flat out quit on the Vikes. Obviously you have some sentimental bias to the guy but he wanted nothing to do with us. We made a smart business decision. He is someone elses problem...or headache(see what I did there?)

Obviously you have hater bias on him. Clearly you're not going to change your mind, so I'll say one last thing before I leave it: when I met Percy in person he seemed completely dedicated to his fans, when I saw him play for the Gators and the Vikings he left it all on the field. If demanding the team use him or, if they're unwilling to do so, release him to find a team that will use him counts as "flat out quitting" to you...well, you're entitled to your opinion.

In other news, DeMarcus Love is suspended for 4 games for violating the league's substance abuse policy...I think someone is about to get cut...

Status
Not open for further replies.