• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Vikes fans

Status
Not open for further replies.

ladyrockess

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Posted this on my blog, but not a lot of people comment on it, so I'm putting it here too:

If Coach Frazier has a youth football camp (he does) and our players volunteer there (they do), how important is it to draft character vs. talent? And does it get more or less important as the playoffs approach?

ladyrockess

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shocked that Allen didn't get any restructuring at all, but maybe it's incentive for him to do well and get another contract. I read somewhere else that none of his money this year is guaranteed - have you guys read that? - which I thought would be a major, MAJOR incentive for Allen to crush some skulls this year.

Saw on Twitter that Ponder was doing well in the quick-snap drills, but threw two nasty interceptions when he had a little time but was pressured. Not precisely happy about that, but these are voluntary OTAs and they need time to gel as a team...right?

ladyrockess

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also read somewhere that Peterson wants more receptions this year...both scared and intrigued about this!

JohnRandle

Gold Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,356.27
Fav. Team #1
Shocked that Allen didn't get any restructuring at all, but maybe it's incentive for him to do well and get another contract. I read somewhere else that none of his money this year is guaranteed - have you guys read that? - which I thought would be a major, MAJOR incentive for Allen to crush some skulls this year.

Saw on Twitter that Ponder was doing well in the quick-snap drills, but threw two nasty interceptions when he had a little time but was pressured. Not precisely happy about that, but these are voluntary OTAs and they need time to gel as a team...right?

I haven't heard anything on this, but I would imagine most is guaranteed.
I could see a couple million in incentives maybe..

As far as Ponder...I have confidence he'll have a good season. Much better WR's, at least as deep threats go. I think he starts as he left off last season, high percentage completions with few mistakes.

JohnRandle

Gold Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,356.27
Fav. Team #1
Also read somewhere that Peterson wants more receptions this year...both scared and intrigued about this!

Makes sense. Vikes should be able to take the top off the defenses this season. I could see AP coming out of the backfield on a quick out, or screen play.

ladyrockess

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Makes sense. Vikes should be able to take the top off the defenses this season. I could see AP coming out of the backfield on a quick out, or screen play.

I sure hope we will...I'm putting a lot of hope on Rudolph and Carlson being more than just blockers this season. I wonder how much defensive pressure Jennings will take off Peterson?

JohnRandle

Gold Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,356.27
Fav. Team #1
I think Jennings will be huge, but also think Simpson will be a major player this season. Rudolph will still be great, and Carlson is embarrassed about last season and plans to make up for it. We'll see about him, but I like the attitude going into this season for sure.

ladyrockess

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Jennings will be huge, but also think Simpson will be a major player this season. Rudolph will still be great, and Carlson is embarrassed about last season and plans to make up for it. We'll see about him, but I like the attitude going into this season for sure.

I'm over the moon about Williams saying he's still top dog. He's got a chip on his shoulder and he's going to show it...exactly the competitive atmosphere Floyd needs to really get going in the NFL.

I hope Simpson will be big. I'm going to keep an eye on him, but I'm more interested in Rudolph and Jennings to be honest. Maybe I'll be wrong and Simpson will be our big go-to receiver.

JohnRandle

Gold Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,356.27
Fav. Team #1
For sure, but pretty funny none the less.

ladyrockess

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For sure, but pretty funny none the less.

Did you hear that John Sullivan donated $150,000 to a MN hospital for a new playground? Chad Greenway donated $25,000 and the Vikings donated $25,000 to pay the full price tag.

Super proud of our team :suds:

Status
Not open for further replies.