• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Vick signs 1 year with Eagles

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Re: the issue of the team wanting too much for Smith, I don't see how that's even an issue. Getting something is better than getting nothing, not to mention we save $1 million by trading him. They might not move him for a 7th, but if they get anything in the range of a 3rd or 4th, which I think is realistic, I think they'd take it.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure if anyone posted how the $10M breaks down. Looks like a long shot that he actually earns that much.

Last edited by a moderator:

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure if anyone posted how the $10M breaks down. Looks like a long shot that he actually earns that much.

(Sarcasm alert) We should renegotiate with Alex to push the April 1st date back to April 20. Trade Alex and a pick to Philadelphia for Vick after April 15th. Philadelphia pays for first signing bonus. Then, we'd have Vick as the backup for 3.5-4 M. Use the saved money for Goldson. The 1M for SB win only counts if he plays? I guess not. So no pick by us. (Sarcasm alert)

Last edited by a moderator:

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Michael Vick Not Sure He's Got Another 4-12 Season In Him

PHILADELPHIA—Newly re-signed Eagles quarterback Michael Vick, 32, revealed in a candid interview Thursday that he’s not confident he has another 4-12 season left in him. “If you’re asking me to be totally honest, I’m not sure lightning can strike twice and I’ll be able to perform like I did last season again,” said Vick, adding that given his age and the particular situation in Philadelphia, most players would feel fortunate to reach two wins. “Now, don’t get me wrong, I’m going to play my hardest in hopes of reaching six or seven wins, but after being in the league for as long as I have, you begin to realize what’s possible and what’s not.” In the wake of Vick’s comments, second-year backup quarterback Nick Foles said that if the situation arises, he’s more than ready to step in for any number of hard-fought losses.