• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Vick named starter

soulxflare

Arrive. Raise Hell. Leave.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate to predict things, but the Skins have a nasty front line. I would not be surprised if Vickmwent down in the first game. First game of the season against an NFC East rivalry could be nasty for injuries on both sides. I hope I'm wrong.

I don't.

SickFelonIsGOAT

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate to predict things, but the Skins have a nasty front line. I would not be surprised if Vickmwent down in the first game. First game of the season against an NFC East rivalry could be nasty for injuries on both sides. I hope I'm wrong.

It is possible. Kerrigan and Orakpo are beast. Honestly, I think this is gonna be a tough matchup for Vick. They will blitz and if Vick is the same old Vick.... He will force balls and have some turnovers. The only good thing is, they Redskins DBs are not that good.

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would be trading Vick tomeither the Bills or Jets and fleece a 1st round pick next season. Role w Foles. Oh well, wishful thinking I guess.

mall3013

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here we go w Madden trade. Vick to the Bills for S Byrd.

SickFelonIsGOAT

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is something I want to show you all........ First off, I get ESPNtheMagazine/ESPNINsider. I got my magazine for this month a week or so ago but just read it today, and this month is about the 2013 football predictions. Anyway, saw something interested in it.......

Read the part in the red box.

ukfSLDh.png

mall3013

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting. A 6-10 record would not surprise me. We need to address some major holes. Our secondary is horrible, who knows about our QB situation, still think our WR corp is weak. This season a 6-10 record at least is heading in the right direction. I want to win as much as you do. However, we just don't ha e all the right pieces to move forward.

mall3013

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It feels like the Rich Kotie years are heading back to Philly...

Please god NO. I don't see it that way. I think Kelly is better than that. It's going to take at least one draft or more to get your guys. The nice thing is that the Eagles are well under the cap to plug in personnel where needed in FA after a draft.

northeastphillyguy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vick will always be Vick.

Vick might give us 2 0r 3 decent games before self destructing. He always reverts back to his old ways, and that will be his downfall. Foles may get his chance after 6 or 7 games in the season. However, I would prefer Foles to be the starter, then if he failed, bring in Vick.

SickFelonIsGOAT

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vick might give us 2 0r 3 decent games before self destructing. He always reverts back to his old ways, and that will be his downfall. Foles may get his chance after 6 or 7 games in the season. However, I would prefer Foles to be the starter, then if he failed, bring in Vick.

I would prefer Foles to be the starter, then if he failed, bring in Barkley....... Got to see what you got so you can be prepared to draft your future QB next year if need be. No reason for Vick starting unless they honestly feel he is the QB to eventually get him to a SB, and he is the future, and if that is the case, just sign him for 3 years now, make Kelly ride him them 3 years, and if our team fails all 3 years...... Fire Kelly.

I know my thoughts are extreme, but that is because I see no real logical reason to start Vick, unless he is here to win the big one and if Kelly is gonna start with him, Kelly should have to fail with him, because Kelly is just delaying our possible rebuilding by starting Vick, or not doing due diligence with the young QBs on our roster, because he thinks he is smarter than everyone and can fix Vick...... Which ultimately makes me think he is just way too arrogant and stubborn to be the coach to take us to where we want to be. We dealt with that with Reid to an extent.

PhillyBoston781

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

Not sure where you get that from... In fact, there was an article about how he actually got stronger as last year wore on...

Can improved preseason be Vick's key to success? | Comcast SportsNet Philadelphia

In any event, we'll see what Vick can/can't do pretty early on. I disagree with the prospect of "if Vick isn't winning a Superbowl, play the younger guys." I think that sends a terrible message to the rest of the team. Basically you're telling them you're throwing the season away before it even starts. You're telling them it's more important to compete for roster spots for 16 games than come together as a team.

The more appropriate way to deal with a transition year is to field the best team possible each week until they are eliminated from the playoffs. Until then, figure out how the schemes works, where they need to be tweaked (or overhauled), and worry about getting younger/better personnel in the off season. Next training camp/preseason, those young guys will have another year of practice (and possibly a few games at the end of the year) under their belts to try to take the starter spot. The younger guys will show their worth before the start of next season, whether they start this year or not.

SickFelonIsGOAT

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure where you get that from... In fact, there was an article about how he actually got stronger as last year wore on...

Can improved preseason be Vick's key to success? | Comcast SportsNet Philadelphia

In any event, we'll see what Vick can/can't do pretty early on. I disagree with the prospect of "if Vick isn't winning a Superbowl, play the younger guys." I think that sends a terrible message to the rest of the team. Basically you're telling them you're throwing the season away before it even starts. You're telling them it's more important to compete for roster spots for 16 games than come together as a team.

The more appropriate way to deal with a transition year is to field the best team possible each week until they are eliminated from the playoffs. Until then, figure out how the schemes works, where they need to be tweaked (or overhauled), and worry about getting younger/better personnel in the off season. Next training camp/preseason, those young guys will have another year of practice (and possibly a few games at the end of the year) under their belts to try to take the starter spot. The younger guys will show their worth before the start of next season, whether they start this year or not.

Interesting, because that is exactly what happens every time a team rebuilds. Teams start over and start all the young guys when rebuilding and this team is rebuilding, no matter how badly Chip Kelly has you homer fans who think we can win with Vick (of all QBs) fooled.