• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Vick named starter

soulxflare

Arrive. Raise Hell. Leave.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
41VgjR7HJTL.jpg

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This tells me that Chip does not believe in Foles if Vick is the starting QB. If this was truly a rebuilding season, then Foles should have been starting from game 1 and ride the season out? I think he roll w Vick and hope for the best. I'm guessing he likes a QB in next year's draft?

PhillyBoston781

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
This tells me that Chip does not believe in Foles if Vick is the starting QB. If this was truly a rebuilding season, then Foles should have been starting from game 1 and ride the season out? I think he roll w Vick and hope for the best. I'm guessing he likes a QB in next year's draft?

I think Chip would have been fine starting Foles, if Vick wasn't playing so well. Vick simply played too well this preseason for Chip to have another option. (At least if he was serious when he said that both QBs had the opportunity to compete for the starting job.)

Vick can be named the starter and the Eagles can still be rebuilding. You don't give up on the season before it starts just because you're rebuilding. They'll play their best players for as long as they're competing for the playoffs (which is hopefully all year). If/when they're not in contention, guys like Foles will get their opportunity to play. Treating the entire regular season like 16 additional preseason games would be counter productive for a ton of reasons.

LvilleSooner

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Chip would have been fine starting Foles, if Vick wasn't playing so well. Vick simply played too well this preseason for Chip to have another option. (At least if he was serious when he said that both QBs had the opportunity to compete for the starting job.)

Vick can be named the starter and the Eagles can still be rebuilding. You don't give up on the season before it starts just because you're rebuilding. They'll play their best players for as long as they're competing for the playoffs (which is hopefully all year). If/when they're not in contention, guys like Foles will get their opportunity to play. Treating the entire regular season like 16 additional preseason games would be counter productive for a ton of reasons.

Very good perspective PhillyB. Vick getting the starting nod is no suprise - and having watched the Duck's offense over the years, you know he'll want to get the ball out quick & often...and into the hands of Shady at least 20 - 25 times a game. Just my take on it.

soulxflare

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very good perspective PhillyB. Vick getting the starting nod is no suprise - and having watched the Duck's offense over the years, you know he'll want to get the ball out quick & often...and into the hands of Shady at least 20 - 25 times a game. Just my take on it.

Foles has a quicker release than Vick.

SickFelonIsGOAT

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When I first heard Chip Kelly was being chased by the Eagles, I was highly against it. I kept saying that his gimmick offense won't work in the NFL and knew that if he came to the Eagles that he would want Vick to run it, which I knew was a mistake. Time passed and Kelly said that he won't run an exact copy of his offense, and that he will run an offense tailored to the best players/QB. That was an obvious lie. I have been to 2 of the open practices and the preseason game against Carolina and his offense that he was running was like a mirror image of what he ran at Oregon. What surprised me is that Foles actually ran the offense pretty good. The problem is, Kelly would rather have a mobile QB even though the NFL has shown that mobile QBs are Not For Long in the NFL with the violent hits they will take and none of them are built to take it, especially Vick. And even if Vick is the better QB right now (which I just don't believe), he is not gonna end up the better QB when all is said and done. Foles has a bright future. Vick is done. This will be his last stop in the NFL, and he will fade away like he should of before this year started. Kelly will most likely be fired in 3 or 4 years. Vick has more success at getting coaches fired than anything else. He should get a trophy for it, it would be the only one he will ever get.

It just sucks being an Eagles fan and having to wait even longer to have successful seasons again. Best thing I can hope for now is Chip Kelly learns from his mistake quickly and doesn't resign Vick and starts the rebuilding next year.

mall3013

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When I first heard Chip Kelly was being chased by the Eagles, I was highly against it. I kept saying that his gimmick offense won't work in the NFL and knew that if he came to the Eagles that he would want Vick to run it, which I knew was a mistake. Time passed and Kelly said that he won't run an exact copy of his offense, and that he will run an offense tailored to the best players/QB. That was an obvious lie. I have been to 2 of the open practices and the preseason game against Carolina and his offense that he was running was like a mirror image of what he ran at Oregon. What surprised me is that Foles actually ran the offense pretty good. The problem is, Kelly would rather have a mobile QB even though the NFL has shown that mobile QBs are Not For Long in the NFL with the violent hits they will take and none of them are built to take it, especially Vick. And even if Vick is the better QB right now (which I just don't believe), he is not gonna end up the better QB when all is said and done. Foles has a bright future. Vick is done. This will be his last stop in the NFL, and he will fade away like he should of before this year started. Kelly will most likely be fired in 3 or 4 years. Vick has more success at getting coaches fired than anything else. He should get a trophy for it, it would be the only one he will ever get.

It just sucks being an Eagles fan and having to wait even longer to have successful seasons again. Best

thing I can hope for now is Chip Kelly learns from his mistake quickly and doesn't resign Vick and starts the

rebuilding next year.

I wouldn't be so quick to judge quite yet. Let the man coach before making a bold prediction that he will get fired. It's preseason. Vanilla defenses probably means that this offense isn't using it's playbook either? Give the man a chance. I think that we will see both QBs quite a bit this season. Keep in mind, if Vick has a healthy OL, which wasn't the case for either QB last season, it would not surprise me to see Vick shine this season. Just my gut! Bottom line, give the man his due before rushing to judgement.

SickFelonIsGOAT

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't be so quick to judge quite yet. Let the man coach before making a bold prediction that he will get fired. It's preseason. Vanilla defenses probably means that this offense isn't using it's playbook either? Give the man a chance. I think that we will see both QBs quite a bit this season. Keep in mind, if Vick has a healthy OL, which wasn't the case for either QB last season, it would not surprise me to see Vick shine this season. Just my gut! Bottom line, give the man his due before rushing to judgement.

Dude has been in the league for 10 years. You mean to tell me that he has never had a good O-line except for the 8 games he was great in 2010? What other excuses you wanna make for him? He didn't have any playmakers in Atlanta? It was Coach Reid's fault with his playcalling in 2011 when our great O-line from 2010 was fully healthy? I am so tired of the excuses for Vick. The dude is garbage. It is time to move on. Enough making excuses for him. Every new coach he has had, they said the same thing....... He is rejuvenated. The new coach is gonna use him better. The offense suits him more. Fail. Fail. Fail. That is all that happens each and every time.

apratt21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He does. His name is Kirk Cousins.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vick has looked good. I'm sure if he fails Foles will get the nod.

Chip has pushed Vick during competition, and VIck knows his leash is short. Continuing that hunger to get better and compete.

Either Vick swims or he drowns.

mall3013

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very surprised no one posted after last night's preseason game. My take is Vick came back to life and while watching his play, I'm a bit concerned that he still is making some of the same mistakes similar to last season and prior. The man has to get rid of the friggin ball quicker. That interception was terrible and that's the same shit that he was doing last season. Bryce Brown again killed us w a fumble that cost us a TD. Not to be a "Nancy" but we have a lot of issues which bring back the point of what is our goal this season? Vick will not get this team to the playoffs, nor will Foles IMO. Our defense is far from good. Last night was a pretty good indicator in what I expect from the Birds this season. Btw, our OL was pathetic for the first few series.

FLSkinsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a Skins fan, I know the pain. I have said on other boards that it will be a couple of years before Philly gets it going again, he needs to get players that fit his system. He probably whet with Vick to give the offense a chance to get the kinks out, where Vick will get beat up and then come with Foles later in the year to give him experience for next year. If the offense struggles he can blame it on Vick, if he puts in Foles then it was his call and now they really need to get a QB out of the draft.

soulxflare

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very surprised no one posted after last night's preseason game. My take is Vick came back to life and while watching his play, I'm a bit concerned that he still is making some of the same mistakes similar to last season and prior. The man has to get rid of the friggin ball quicker. That interception was terrible and that's the same shit that he was doing last season. Bryce Brown again killed us w a fumble that cost us a TD. Not to be a "Nancy" but we have a lot of issues which bring back the point of what is our goal this season? Vick will not get this team to the playoffs, nor will Foles IMO. Our defense is far from good. Last night was a pretty good indicator in what I expect from the Birds this season. Btw, our OL was pathetic for the first few series.

Vick played, as usual, like dog shit. It took Foles (roughly) one quarter to clean up his mess, and get the win. That game, by itself, is ample evidence that Chip made the wrong call at QB.

soulxflare

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For the entire preseason -- Foles is 21/25 (84%), with 4 TDs on 7 total drives. That's pretty money if you ask me.

SickFelonIsGOAT

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a Skins fan, I know the pain. I have said on other boards that it will be a couple of years before Philly gets it going again, he needs to get players that fit his system. He probably whet with Vick to give the offense a chance to get the kinks out, where Vick will get beat up and then come with Foles later in the year to give him experience for next year. If the offense struggles he can blame it on Vick, if he puts in Foles then it was his call and now they really need to get a QB out of the draft.

That very well may be Kelly's thinking, but I just think it is a bad excuse to start Vick. I think more Philly fans would be more lenient with Kelly to fail with Foles than with Vick. I think all of us are also fine if we find out that Foles is not the answer and we have to draft a QB next year..... Or start Barkley.

I might have Foles as my avvy, and I admittedly am a big Foles fan. I was a big Foles fan before he came to Philly. You can ask Soul that. He would back me with that..... After saying that, don't be fooled..... I am fine finding out I was wrong with Foles and fine if we move on to draft another QB. I would not be fine though if Kelly doesn't play Foles, never finds out what he is, and then drafts a QB next year to be our starter, never giving Foles a chance.

FLSkinsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That very well may be Kelly's thinking, but I just think it is a bad excuse to start Vick. I think more Philly fans would be more lenient with Kelly to fail with Foles than with Vick. I think all of us are also fine if we find out that Foles is not the answer and we have to draft a QB next year..... Or start Barkley.

I might have Foles as my avvy, and I admittedly am a big Foles fan. I was a big Foles fan before he came to Philly. You can ask Soul that. He would back me with that..... After saying that, don't be fooled..... I am fine finding out I was wrong with Foles and fine if we move on to draft another QB. I would not be fine though if Kelly doesn't play Foles, never finds out what he is, and then drafts a QB next year to be our starter, never giving Foles a chance.
Good point. As I stated before. He might not want to get Foles killed if the OL struggles. Ask Carr how it feels to be Sacked over 40 times a year. I think you will get your wish to see him by the first Giants game on week 5 or sooner if Vick really stinks it up.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It just sucks being an Eagles fan and having to wait even longer to have successful seasons again. Best thing I can hope for now is Chip Kelly learns from his mistake quickly and doesn't resign Vick and starts the rebuilding next year.

I wasn't hold out hope this team would be a play off team or even be some what decent this season. The OL still needs a youth movement, depth at wide out, then there is the whole defensive side, that wasn't gonna happen with one draft....

I knew he was gonna do this, bottomline is simple Vick wont last, we've seen it before, he'll go down with injury and Foles is in...

FLSkinsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wasn't hold out hope this team would be a play off team or even be some what decent this season. The OL still needs a youth movement, depth at wide out, then there is the whole defensive side, that wasn't gonna happen with one draft....

I knew he was gonna do this, bottomline is simple Vick wont last, we've seen it before, he'll go down with injury and Foles is in...
Also if Vick is hurt to a season ending injury it might help in getting cap relief for next year if they cut him or he takes an injury settlement.

mall3013

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate to predict things, but the Skins have a nasty front line. I would not be surprised if Vickmwent down in the first game. First game of the season against an NFC East rivalry could be nasty for injuries on both sides. I hope I'm wrong.