• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

UW Class of 2014 Recruiting Thread

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Tosh thing is interesting. On one hand now there is this investigation into him and that report that he was trying to get one of his recruits to go to USC. On the other hand he is one of the best recruiters in the NCAA and I would still be sad to see him go. Interesting to see what happens with him.

The one thing I will miss about not having Sark anymore was his ability to bring in top notch assistant coaches. Justin Wilcox IMO is one of the best defensive coordinators in the country and will very likely be a head coach in the next few years. Then there is Tosh who is one of the best recruiters in the country.

Would be great to get another Jim Lambright type defensive coordinator, someone who will stick with us for their entire career. Unfortunately with how much coaches move around these days that is a pipe dream at best.

Ironbreaker

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,116.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Tosh thing is interesting. On one hand now there is this investigation into him and that report that he was trying to get one of his recruits to go to USC. On the other hand he is one of the best recruiters in the NCAA and I would still be sad to see him go. Interesting to see what happens with him.

This guy has the stigma of a cheater everywhere he's been. Nothing proven yet, but it's only a matter of time.

I don't want him around anymore at all.

I really don't think coach Pete wants him on staff either. I mean their styles contradict one another. Tosh recruits dummies and is willing to break rules to do so. Allegedly.

Coach Pete wants guys that are good football players and willing to work hard on their grades.

I don't see him lasting with Pete even if this investigation goes nowhere. Thats fine with me.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Still think he is rock solid? If Tosh goes down expect other recruits to decommit. This could be the death nail of the recruiting class.

Curtis may decommit as he was expecting Sark and Cozzetto to be his coaches next year, but if he does want to come to UW, then I'm sure with Petersen here, he would still be likely to come here. Sark doesn't have the room for him with USC limited class size. I can't see Tosh leaving impacting the 5 recruits who were left after Sark took what he wanted. None of them were Dline. IF any of them do end up decommiting, it will most likely be because they aren't a good fit for what the new team is going to run.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ironbreaker

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,116.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Curtis may decommit as he was expecting Sark and Cozzetto to be his coaches next year.

I no longer will be committed to the University of Washington blessed for the opportunity and thankful for those who support me.
— Young Papi (@NatrellCurtis) [ame="https://twitter.com/NatrellCurtis/statuses/413772137522925572"]December 19, 2013[/ame]

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well there you go. Curtis is gone.

Bummer because we need Olineman, especially projected Tackles in this class. Ughhhh....
Well hopefully we can land some beef before LOI.

What pisses me off is this fucking Sark/Tosh thing is now going to be hanging over this school for god knows how long and recruits will be spooked. Gawd... :gaah:

Ironbreaker

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,116.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well there you go. Curtis is gone.

Bummer because we need Olineman, especially projected Tackles in this class. Ughhhh....
Well hopefully we can land some beef before LOI.

What pisses me off is this fucking Sark/Tosh thing is now going to be hanging over this school for god knows how long and recruits will be spooked. Gawd... :gaah:

Yep. To all of it. Hate to lose a lineman.

So irritating right now.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly what I said last night when the news broke. I said he would leave and it didn't even take 12 hours for him to do so. The only real meat on the bone of this class is gone and it's all on tosh/sark and their stupidity.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly what I said last night when the news broke. I said he would leave and it didn't even take 12 hours for him to do so. The only real meat on the bone of this class is gone and it's all on tosh/sark and their stupidity.

Thanks Sark.

Ironbreaker

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,116.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You mind your tongue! We are going to reap the rewards of all of his hard work!!! :L

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You mind your tongue! We are going to reap the rewards of all of his hard work!!! :L

Yep. Here comes the rewards. Wait for it....wait for it.... oh wait, it's a NCAA investigation and gutted recruiting class. :poke:

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep. Here comes the rewards. Wait for it....wait for it.... oh wait, it's a NCAA investigation and gutted recruiting class. :poke:

look we just need to keep our heads up, this thing will work out, I have faith in Petersen and we know he can win with kids "bigger schools " didn't want, lets just see what he does and cheer our asses off when he beats the crap out of SC and Sark everytime they play....

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
look we just need to keep our heads up, this thing will work out, I have faith in Petersen and we know he can win with kids "bigger schools " didn't want, lets just see what he does and cheer our asses off when he beats the crap out of SC and Sark everytime they play....

TBH I'd much rather we concentrate on beating Oregon than SC. I don't care if they have another 7 win season if they get those fuckwads from eugene off our backsides. You always put a target on SC's backs anyway, no matter what shape their program is in.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yahh. December been a drama month of ups and downs for sure. Petersen has most his assistants in place and recruiting. We survive Dec and things will start to calm down.

Just what a couple weeks for this program. Sheesh...

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
[ame="https://twitter.com/JHopkins247/statuses/414078956719984640"]https://twitter.com/JHopkins247/statuses/414078956719984640[/ame]

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TBH I'd much rather we concentrate on beating Oregon than SC. I don't care if they have another 7 win season if they get those fuckwads from eugene off our backsides. You always put a target on SC's backs anyway, no matter what shape their program is in.

That is a given (beating Oregon) but don't fool yourself, SC comes back on the schedule, it will be serious fan chants for the beat down on Sark...

Regent your right, we got a sweet early Xmas present with Petersen hired and now this crap:L People wonder why we drink so much in the Northwest.....

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
3 star ranked #63 in the RB's group this year. (Scouts.com)

Interesting they target a kid that has already committed somewhere else. I guess if your gonna poach you would try for a "higher ranked" player....:doh:

If you look at the scouting site in that tweet it shows his recruiting coach from UW as the incoming RB coach from boise state and it shows that boise state also already offered him. I would suspect they already liked this kid and tried for him, but since he is shown as somewhat warm to UW they are revisiting it now to see if there is a chance to flip him.

I'm sure there will be more like this to follow. Kids they already had a relationship with that they will try for again now that they are at a bigger school with more attractive things to offer them.

And I'm not really expecting any 4 star + kids out of this class. Recruiting is a full year event and to expect them to come in with a little over a month to go and get those big kids is kind of unrealistic to me. I'm guessing a class ranked around the 40's somewhere is likely.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
doubt anyone is surprised that baker is going to Oregon. I think he was shaded that way long before Sark left and now with a team in flux I couldn't have seen him stay home. He doesn't really have any ties to UW so there was little to keep him here.