• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

USC vs. Bama in 2016

theSabanator20

A mellow fellow
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL, Bama last year cancelled a "home and home" series against Michigan State for 2015/2016. LSU has came west in the last 10 years. When was the last time Bama came out west. USC has scheduled many tough OOC games in the past. I would love Bama to come out West and play Oregon or USC in a home and home series". It would really make college football more interesting. Why is it that some of the PAC 12 teams have to travel to Texas to play Bama or LSU? I for one will be looking forward to the USC/Bama match in 2016.

If we hadn't cancelled, this thread would not even exist. So STFU

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LSU
Mississippi State
FCS
Auburn

And 2012

LSU
Texas A&M
FCS
Auburn

It's not easy when you have 2 annually top 25 teams a year(maybe even top 10-15)
AND take into account that they are your biggest rivals.

I see you conveniently left out bye before LSU.

Not impressed. It is a much easier road with a bye before LSU and West Carina before IB

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How much do teams typically get for revenue in these type of games? I would think it would have to be a lot to offset how much they would make if they had a huge home game.

Well, there are some things to consider. A home and home series means 1 year is an away game, so you don't get the home game revenue both years. But if you play a neutral site game both years, you get good money both years. So in the end, neutral site likely pays better.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know our schedule openings can only be filled with other teams that have the same openings.... Not many good teams have that opening. Sorry if our schedule doesn't comply to your imaginary rule book.

Yet somehow, other teams manage to find quality opponents that have the same open dates to schedule home and homes with. How do they do it?:scratch:

It boggles the mind.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see you conveniently left out bye before LSU.

Not impressed. It is a much easier road with a bye before LSU and West Carina before IB

LSU takes a bye before the Alabama game, and Auburn plays a FCS team before the IB now as well.

Pretty much evens itself out. Back in 2010, 6 of the 8 SEC teams Alabama played had a bye week before the game.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yet somehow, other teams manage to find quality opponents that have the same open dates to schedule home and homes with. How do they do it?:scratch:

It boggles the mind.

The Pac12 plays conference games those weeks and also has bye weeks mixed in. USC plays Notre Dame late in the season, but Notre Dame doesn't have a real conference and can do that.

oaknightshockey1

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,928.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, there are some things to consider. A home and home series means 1 year is an away game, so you don't get the home game revenue both years. But if you play a neutral site game both years, you get good money both years. So in the end, neutral site likely pays better.

I know that, but typically there is some money exchanged as well. It's not much (I think the Nebraska-Miami contract calls for 300k for the road team) but it is something. Using Nebraska as an example because those are the numbers I'm familiar with, we typically make around 4 million per home game. For a marquee game, that number is probably closer to 4.5 or 5. I guess what I am asking is do the neutral site games pay 2-2.5 million? Or more? I really have no idea what they pay.

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You had a bye before Stanford last year. Do you even look at your own schedule before talking shit?

Easy gumpy. Relax. When you are scheduled on Thursday games, nearly every game the week before is a bye. This is cfb not NFL.

Do you even look at what you are talking about before you try to prove a point?

1st you say KSU handled Oregon, a game UO won by 17.

Next, you ask me if I even look at my teams schedule regarding a bye before a Thursday game.

Do you even college football bro? Oh I forgot, you don't.

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then why don't USC and Bama schedule a "Home and Home" series. The Vols came out West to play Oregon last year. When was the last time that Florida or Bama came out West, to play a PAC 12 team??

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alabama's schedule has been formatted the same way for as long as I can remember. So I'm not surprised by the schedule format.
-
Was not that long ago that bama wa coming off home and homes vs Oklahoma and UCLA. Seemed to stop once they were put on probation.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Easy gumpy. Relax. When you are scheduled on Thursday games, nearly every game the week before is a bye. This is cfb not NFL.

Do you even look at what you are talking about before you try to prove a point?

1st you say KSU handled Oregon, a game UO won by 17.

Next, you ask me if I even look at my teams schedule regarding a bye before a Thursday game.

Do you even college football bro? Oh I forgot, you don't.

They moved the game to Thursday because of the bye week, not the other way around.

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
4d20 Sabanator

If you can't have one conversation without name calling and cussing maybe you should find a new hobby. :noidea:

Continue posting fine, but sheesh, don't be so sensitive.

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They moved the game to Thursday because of the bye week, not the other way around.

No they didn't.

The PAC sets it's schedules in accordance with ESPN choices for Thursday games guy.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
-
Was not that long ago that bama wa coming off home and homes vs Oklahoma and UCLA. Seemed to stop once they were put on probation.

Neutral games weren't so big back then. We still schedule quality teams to start the season, it's just done neutral site when possible. Otherwise we still do home and home(like Penn St).

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we hadn't cancelled, this thread would not even exist. So STFU
LOL, Get a clue!!! Bama hadn't scheduled USC when they cancelled the "Home and Home" with Michigan State last year. Are you saying that Bama cancelled Michigan State, so they could play USC in 2016???

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
-
I am not sure about that. Just thinking about it logically, assume a home and home is 100% and 0% for the road. Neutral game is 50/50% generally. There are things like parking and concession pay outs in home games, that seem unlikely to be part of the payout in a neutral site game.

theSabanator20

A mellow fellow
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
-

Ding ding ding we have a winner

Neutral site also gives fans a better chance to attend the game. I'm sure more than 20K USC fans want to see an Alabama/USC matchup, but only about 20K would make it to Tuscaloosa if that many. Whereas neutral site USC could send 45-50K fans.