• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

USC top Program of All time

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
EMERGENCY! Somebody help this Texan get his horns back.

They are simply the biggest draw in the game. How can you argue against a school that had its own exception to the BCS? These things use metrics like NCs. How many school have claimed NC in the last 5 years? I think A&M and Auburn have claimed an additional 6 or 7 NCs, most of these titles are based on teams with a mortality rate greater than 90%

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They are simply the biggest draw in the game. How can you argue against a school that had its own exception to the BCS? These things use metrics like NCs. How many school have claimed NC in the last 5 years? I think A&M and Auburn have claimed an additional 6 or 7 NCs, most of these titles are based on teams with a mortality rate greater than 90%

As much as it pains me to do so, I pretty much consider the Domers to be the all time top program as well.

outofyourmind

Oklahoma Sooners
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They didn't calculate how many "ncaa team records" each school holds now did they.
Thought not.

BeaverShaver

Blocked, Ignored, and Hated in equal parts (12)
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably just Shaver. He should be along any minute now saying that it proves he's not butthurt. OD will follow along shortly after that claiming that he voted, but the whole poll is nothing to be excited about.

This is proof that I am not butthurt. Right? Right?

BeaverShaver

Blocked, Ignored, and Hated in equal parts (12)
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As much as it pains me to do so, I pretty much consider the Domers to be the all time top program as well.

Wash your mouth out right now!!!!

Tin Man

Loquacious Constituent
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,025.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Simply, I was attempting to coat your "bitter pill" of selfless careful consideration with humor. To put it a different way, son, a Texan waxing eloquent about Notre Dame is sticking their butt out of a bus window. If you don't pull them back in, nothing good is likely to come of it. :suds:

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They don't make water hot enough to clean the dirtiness of admitting michigan is the top program of all-time.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Well-Known, and Feared, Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:L The team that has the most players who actually get drafted into the NFL is pretty much always going to be more highly regarded than those that don't. Yes, there are plenty of good players who never get a shot at the NFL for a variety of reasons. In fact, I'd say that to even get a schollie to a 4 year university (especially one in a P5 conference), you have to be pretty darn good.

However, this list or poll or whatever is measuring players who actually had good enough college careers to get drafted into the NFL as part of it's metrics.

I'm not saying that I necessarily agree that USC should be #1, but to act like having the most players who have been good enough to get drafted to the NFL doesn't mean much seems kinda silly considering the talent required to get drafted.

True. A team with a lot of NFL players is going to be pretty good. But it doesn't mean one without won't be. And there in lies the problem with using it as a grading metric.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True. A team with a lot of NFL players is going to be pretty good. But it doesn't mean one without won't be. And there in lies the problem with using it as a grading metric.

I think you're just upset that your team didn't make the top 5.:D

:bolt:

Tin Man

Loquacious Constituent
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,025.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

"Moderator" is a role, a service to the SportsHoopla community. It doesn't mean that you have to lay down a lifetime of Trog fandom to stick your tuckus in the air for that Catholic school at the bend in the river! They're DOMERS! If you want to be magnanimous, buy 'em a round when they win a game.

What's the world of CFB coming to?

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Moderator" is a role, a service to the SportsHoopla community. It doesn't mean that you have to lay down a lifetime of Trog fandom to stick your tuckus in the air for that Catholic school at the bend in the river! They're DOMERS! If you want to be magnanimous, buy 'em a round when they win a game.

What's the world of CFB coming to?

:lol: I don't have to like 'em, but I gotta respect 'em.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Well-Known, and Feared, Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you're just upset that your team didn't make the top 5.:D

:bolt:
Meh, I think no one who makes a list like this can be completely unbiased. And for that reason, I don't care. If you asked every fan base to make a top 5; it would probably look different each time. I think I would have a hard time ranking just 5 teams.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meh, I think no one who makes a list like this can be completely unbiased. And for that reason, I don't care. If you asked every fan base to make a top 5; it would probably look different each time. I think I would have a hard time ranking just 5 teams.

I agree w/ ya. Everyone's list would vary.

963BUSC

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd put Alabama as #1 based on National Titles, I'm surprised their bowl record is so low. Think that must be what's throwing off their average.

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I always put Notre Dame at the top. There just is not a bigger name in College sports, than ND football. Got their own TV contract with NBC. Multiple movies about the program. It is annoying, but they are the face of college football. Other programs have won more bowls, games, or NC, but nobody has a bigger presence. It may fade over time, but I do not think that time as come yet.
I'm making the call, it's over. When Alabama kicked their ass all over the field after their best season in 20 years the nail was in the coffin. With the playoff system in place I don't see them winning a NC in the next 20 years either.