• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

USA Today...The five most beloved fanbases in college football

sooner78wakeboard

Sooner Born, Sooner Bred
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dealt with all the fan bases listed and really all of them are excellent fanbases who have an amazing amount of pride and respect toward their program. Except LSU, bunch of scumbag bastards. Perhaps it would have been different if we didn't play them in Louisiana for the NC, it would have been different. Usually for the most part, the fans that give your program a bad name don't travel.

bamabear82

I ♥ t-baggin
Hoopla Cash
$ 709.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Completely agreed. But the last time I dealt with a situation was a sorority girl that was more than liquored up and complained the entire game. She proceeded to complain because I was "making noise" and "standing up during the game". So in Bama fans defense, I guess it is based on a very small and unfair sample size. Not to mention she had her fratt buddies with her. Not an enjoyable experience.

Those are the worse kind of fans, standing up and making noise is part of the experience. Doesn't surprise me coming from frat/sorority fhegs though.

theboardref

thewhite_00 ESPN board
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dealt with all the fan bases listed and really all of them are excellent fanbases who have an amazing amount of pride and respect toward their program. Except LSU, bunch of scumbag bastards. Perhaps it would have been different if we didn't play them in Louisiana for the NC, it would have been different. Usually for the most part, the fans that give your program a bad name don't travel.

Haha I will agree about the championship game. I think if it was a series like LSU is suppose to have a home and home setting will be much more enjoyable. I went to that game when I was 11 and I remember the amount of obnoxious LSU fans. Plus that game meant a lot to LSU fans (hadn't been in a National Title since 1958). It had been a long time waiting for a lot of these fans who though it would be there only chance to see LSU ever play in a title. Not an excuse because I have seen the worst of our fan base and the best. Unfortunately the bad overshadows the good.

ArrogantBAMAFan

Built by BAMA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess I'm thinking about the "online" perception...

In real life, LSU is the only of the bunch besides Bama that I've experienced and they are always great.

What? LOL. Did you not see the LSU fight on the quad back in 2011?

bamafan4evr12

Rising Tide
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People like LSU fans? Surprises me a bit. No disrespect to Bama fans, the ones that have come to Death Valley have not been too pleasant. I do have family in Alabama though and when it is family it is a bit different.

Yeah no disrespect to the LSU fans but a couple years ago when yall beat us in T-town y'all were downright awful to be around after the game...I don't know how many times I got flipped off and cussed out and one lady I know got spit on...of course not all LSU fans are like that

SFNL

is a little bit warmer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Beloved? Id go with
Prarie View
Marshall
Temple
Louisiana Lafayette
Kent State

bamabear82

I ♥ t-baggin
Hoopla Cash
$ 709.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah no disrespect to the LSU fans but a couple years ago when yall beat us in T-town y'all were downright awful to be around after the game...I don't know how many times I got flipped off and cussed out and one lady I know got spit on...of course not all LSU fans are like that

Hell, I was at Krystal in New Orleans, just minding my own business, eating my corn pups when all of a sudden an LSU fan squeezed up under my crotch and put his face on my nuts. :shocked:

bamafan4evr12

Rising Tide
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hell, I was at Krystal in New Orleans, just minding my own business, eating my corn pups when all of a sudden an LSU fan squeezed up under my crotch and put his face on my nuts. :shocked:

:laugh3:

theboardref

thewhite_00 ESPN board
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No surprise, I think it really does go both ways. Plus looking at all the variables: if your team wins, what age the fans are, how drunk are they, and how obnoxious are they.

People always get annoyed when fans of other teams cheer for their teams, but to me they paid their damn money leave them alone. Ha my dad was throwing a fit because I was talking to some Auburn fans having a conversation. I have no issue with fans that come out and support their team. If my team losses though I am automatically think they were 50 times more annoying than what they actually were though.

ArrogantBAMAFan

Built by BAMA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LSU fans are the friendliest bunch.

Last edited by a moderator:

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LMAO.....everyone hates those fanbases! The author is being a smartass I think.

If that was the case i think you may see a team from the PAC NW up there with a sports apparel owner.

:yahoo:

theboardref

thewhite_00 ESPN board
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can pull out outlier's as well aka teabagging incident. There are always a bad group of people that give a perception of the much larger general public being worse than what they are. That is like basing the entire history of the USA on us dropping an atomic bomb. Outlier's always give false perception, if you zoom in instead of taking a look at the big picture you can frame any argument in any way you want.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously though everyone loves Wisconsin fans. They are just a bunch of lovable drunks that like to party and cook brats with you. Not to mention die hard loyalty even in times of mediocrity.

bamabear82

I ♥ t-baggin
Hoopla Cash
$ 709.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thread_Killer_Cap____funny,_geek.jpg

theboardref

thewhite_00 ESPN board
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haha your THAT GUY man.

But seriously I have always enjoyed being around LSU fans, especially since I have been a die hard fan my entire life. Most of the people that claim to be die hard LSU fans are some of the most knowledgeable fans I have ever met. Hell a few years back I was talking with a guy that wrote a book on LSU and we talked for about 2 hours at this museum. He kind of laughed and was just like,"Damn how old are you? There aren't many adult fans that I can have this kind of conversation with."

The die hard fans are enjoyable and the people you meet tailgating are usually very generous. Went on a school road trip to Auburn and some random people started feeding 2 buses full of college students with Pastslya just because. A lot of things I hate about our fans, but there are good ones out there. Just like every single fan base out there, you have to pick your poison.

MarkOU

License to Thrill
Hoopla Cash
$ 287.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LSU fans are Le Suck.

Lived there before, during and after the 03 Title game. Disrespectful bunch. I don't mind a little ball busting but when dickheads want to fight you in bars because you have an OU hat on, just sends a bad vibe. The fan base is filled with alcoholics who like to talk shit. Hell the entire state is full of alcoholics. I enjoyed living there but my liver took a pounding.

Tomhusker

The Original Husker+ Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 271.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People like LSU fans? Surprises me a bit. No disrespect to Bama fans, the ones that have come to Death Valley have not been too pleasant. I do have family in Alabama though and when it is family it is a bit different.

Some of the nicest people I have met were LSU fans in Omaha for the college world series. They talked kinda funny, but were always friendly and welcoming.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have interacted with fans from..

Oklahoma - Used to spend months in OKC at a time in the 90's.
Alabama - I lived in Mississippi and there were a lot of Alabama fans there.
LSU - When I lived in Mississippi, and the College World Series in Omaha. I keep in contact with many in the off-season.

They've all been great.