• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

US Patent Office Cancels Trademark for Washington

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just to be clear here...you are referring to the Native American groups who feel the term is derogatory as being "faux butt-hurt"?

White, non Native American Liberals is who I am referring to. That is who is driving this thing.

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
White, non Native American Liberals is who I am referring to. That is who is driving this thing.

How often do you hear of Native Americans referred to as "redskins" in everyday life? Do right wingers continue to throw that term around without thought or care when referencing Native Americans? When addressing the topic, do conservative politicians say things like "I just don't understand what the problem is with those redskins"? The answer, of course, is no...because it's a derogatory term.

ram29jackson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How often do you hear of Native Americans referred to as "redskins" in everyday life? Do right wingers continue to throw that term around without thought or care when referencing Native Americans? When addressing the topic, do conservative politicians say things like "I just don't understand what the problem is with those redskins"? The answer, of course, is no...because it's a derogatory term.

no, its because its the name of a football team and no one thinks to use it when referring to indians

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Seriously, when do you EVER hear that term thrown about unless referring to the football team? Let's start there and work our way forward.

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no, its because its the name of a football team and no one thinks to use it when referring to indians

You should be excited about the name change. It might just spark a return to relevance.

ram29jackson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1103x1103.jpg

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought Witch hunts were illegal now? :scratch:

Throw all of congress in jail I say

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
I thought Witch hunts were illegal now? :scratch:

Throw all of congress in jail I say

Be that as it may, it wasn't congress who did this. It was a bunch of liberals at the US patent office using the Obama, Chicago-style playbook: use and abuse any government agency possible to tip the scales of justice away from your political opponents (See IRS "computer crash" fiasco).

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Be that as it may, it wasn't congress who did this. It was a bunch of liberals at the US patent office using the Obama, Chicago-style playbook: use and abuse any government agency possible to tip the scales of justice away from your political opponents (See IRS "computer crash" fiasco).

throw them in jail too!

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Amanda Blackhorse from an interview in 2009:

ATL: When did you start thinking about team mascots this way?

Blackhorse: During my sophomore year at the University of Kansas, I started to become aware of my history as a Native American. I grew up on a Navajo reservation but never learned my history. A major thing shared between tribes is oppression. I literally cried when I realized our social problems stemmed from this.

ATL: What other team names would you want to see changed?

Blackhorse: There are so many. I don’t think it ends here. The Braves, [Kansas] Chiefs, [Cleveland] Indians… Any depiction that uses Native American culture.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Amanda Blackhorse from an interview in 2009:

ATL: When did you start thinking about team mascots this way?

Blackhorse: During my sophomore year at the University of Kansas, I started to become aware of my history as a Native American. I grew up on a Navajo reservation but never learned my history.

Bull shit he "learned his history." He learned political propaganda by people in academia, who are obsessed with politics. Native Americans referred to themselves as "Red" men and the Great Spirit's "red" children when Europeans were first settling.

And I didn't learn that in a history class because they would never say something like that in a history class. I learned it by reading actual speeches made by famous Native Americans like Red Jacket.

Last edited by a moderator:

T'N'T

L-I-V-I-N
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
These clowns in Washington...

All the scandals surrounding Obama's dumbass regime, the continued Radical Muslim unrest around the world, and of course the economic problems on the homefront.........and all Capital Hill gives a shit about is the name of some NFL team!?

Priorities.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The original owner/coach of the football team who coined the nickname was a Native American. This is a non-issue except for some progressives who have hijacked the Patent Office and a 10% minority of Native Americans who had sided with them. 90% Native American polled revealed this is a non-issue.

ram29jackson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
farnell_fig08b.jpg

Chief Illiniwek's first appearance at the football game against Penn State, Oct. 30, 1926. He is standing next to the Penn State mascot, 'William Penn.​

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
farnell_fig08b.jpg

Chief Illiniwek's first appearance at the football game against Penn State, Oct. 30, 1926. He is standing next to the Penn State mascot, 'William Penn.​

think the guy on left was Sandusky's first r*pe victim. He looks scared and butt hurt

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can respect your position. I don't think public opinion really matters here. If the NA community does not support it, they have their reasons for it. Many don't understand why they are against a lot of the indian mascots either.

I agree & truly like hearing the actual Native American take on this issue (not some token rich Native American rep). What I don't want to hear is feedback from blowhards like Harry Reid, Bob Costas, Keith Oberman & other politicians and mediots who had absolutely nothing to say about this until recently. Funny how they are so vocal when it brings attention to them & makes them feel somehow that they are better people in the process. Why do we have to be subjected to the opinions of these type of people?

Same in a way with this type of forum. If you support the name change - fine - but don't make it out that you are a better person in the process & anyone who opposes the name change is somehow a worse person than you and also a major racist.