• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

US Patent Office Cancels Trademark for Washington

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
its a general understood term and I'll use it. yep, its been 10 years and still the only people visibly bitching are a bunch of dumb white people.

this is just a personal agenda brought about by a few Indians with political aspirations. lets say they change the name...the indian population wont change and the government still wont help them with anything valid and all they did was kill their heritage by killing anything that points at indian history in America

It's the general understood term for citizens of India.

It's amazing to me how many people truly don't care about how ignorant they sound.

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It's amazing to me how many people truly don't care about how ignorant they sound.

Including yourself. Either support your whining with legit data or stfu about it. Calling people ignorant while being ignorant is well, you guessed it, it's ignorant.

ram29jackson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

LOL get over it. I aint be ignowant buckwheat. I know what you mean but its of no worthy,valid,needed importance. I'll use it just like saying 'car' instead of what ever make or model the car is. It doesn't matter. Now excuse me while I buy a toy gun so my nephews can play cowboys and Indians outside.

plus captain anal pants, I hate typing initials and its shorter than typing native americans every time. Maybe i'll just type injuns to make you happy :suds:

ram29jackson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gogle works for you as well as everyone here. They've taken the team to court DECADES ago. This is not new......just your ignorance.

Good Lord, people like you - how do you function being ignorant of EVERYTHING outside of yourself and opinions?

Do you EVER take into account how anyone else feels or is affected by ANYTHING you say or do? Does it ever occur to you that you do not live here alone, and share this great land with all kinds of people?

LOL how tightly are you hugging the tree in front of you ?

tree-hugger-300px.jpg

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I find the majority of this this thread to be startling. Some of the only logical posts in the whole thread are the ones with multiple thumb-downs.

1) At best, the term is simply a description of the color of the skin of a particular race. At worst, it is a hateful, disparaging term. Either way, the use of it as a mascot name is indefensible.

2) There is no other current mascot name that is anywhere close to being comparable to the term 'Redskin'.

3) Oh, there's a hooplan who is part native american and not offended?!? Someone tell the court. This changes everything. My wife is 1/4 Native American and she's not particularly offended.... but that doesn't matter one bit.

4) The idea that because the term has been used in the past by Native Americans that it must not be offensive is beyond ridiculous. Carry that over to other disparaging terms and see where that gets you.

5) The prevalent notion of "get over it, stop crying, don't be such a baby" is cruel, especially given the history of how the Native American's have been treated in this country. This is 1 of 100 reasons that your "Well, I wouldn't care if a team was called the 'crackers'" argument is laughably irrelevant.

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Including yourself. Either support your whining with legit data or stfu about it. Calling people ignorant while being ignorant is well, you guessed it, it's ignorant.

The ones with the viewpoint I support aren't the ones whining.

Anyone that calls people Indians (who aren't referencing citizens of India) is ignorant. It's that simple.

ram29jackson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I find the majority of this this thread to be startling. Some of the only logical posts in the whole thread are the ones with multiple thumb-downs.

1) At best, the term is simply a description of the color of the skin of a particular race. At worst, it is a hateful, disparaging term. Either way, the use of it as a mascot name is indefensible.

2) There is no other current mascot name that is anywhere close to being comparable to the term 'Redskin'.

3) Oh, there's a hooplan who is part native american and not offended?!? Someone tell the court. This changes everything. My wife is 1/4 Native American and she's not particularly offended.... but that doesn't matter one bit.

4) The idea that because the term has been used in the past by Native Americans that it must not be offensive is beyond ridiculous. Carry that over to other disparaging terms and see where that gets you.

5) The prevalent notion of "get over it, stop crying, don't be such a baby" is cruel, especially given the history of how the Native American's have been treated in this country. This is 1 of 100 reasons that your "Well, I wouldn't care if a team was called the 'crackers'" argument is laughably irrelevant.

you're one of those fools that thinks if only one is offended the entire world has to change :L

where is the cruel part ? people only use redskins in a sentence when asking the score of a game now

tree_hugger-19339.gif

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL get over it. I aint be ignowant buckwheat. I know what you mean but its of no worthy,valid,needed importance. I'll use it just like saying 'car' instead of what ever make or model the car is. It doesn't matter. Now excuse me while I buy a toy gun so my nephews can play cowboys and Indians outside.

plus captain anal pants, I hate typing initials and its shorter than typing native americans every time. Maybe i'll just type injuns to make you happy :suds:

Nice...the "I'm lazy as shit as well" defense.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1) you're one of those fools that thinks if only one is offended the entire world has to change :L

2) where is the cruel part ? people only use redskins in a sentence when asking the score of a game now

1) To me it's not about the number of people offended, or not offended. Its simply about the fact that you are using a pejorative term for a specific race as the name of your team. That is wrong no matter who is or isn't offended.

2) The fact that the term is now used to mean something as benign as a sports team causes the word to live on, veiled as an acceptable term. If that is the only instance in which the word is used... then its removal as a mascot name will go along way towards extinguishing a pejorative word. Sounds great.

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The ones with the viewpoint I support aren't the ones whining.

Anyone that calls people Indians (who aren't referencing citizens of India) is ignorant. It's that simple.

Except I'm not talking about people who call "Native Americans," (which is also a misnomer) I'm talking about the "evidence" that each side want's to site as legitimate. If the Native's were really up in arms about the name, we would have heard much more about this a long time ago. It just so happens that we are at a point in time when the liberal media is looking for anything to garner hits on their websites, and outrage is the #1 attention getter. As soon as they get what they want with this issue, rest assured there will be another outrage to be hot under the collar about.

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
nope, its the "my time is too valuable to appease stupid tree hugging whiners" defense

I don't mean to take away from another derogatory remark, but how does environmentalism fit into the topic at hand?

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Except I'm not talking about people who call "Native Americans," (which is also a misnomer) I'm talking about the "evidence" that each side want's to site as legitimate. If the Native's were really up in arms about the name, we would have heard much more about this a long time ago. It just so happens that we are at a point in time when the liberal media is looking for anything to garner hits on their websites, and outrage is the #1 attention getter. As soon as they get what they want with this issue, rest assured there will be another outrage to be hot under the collar about.

It seems to me the "outrage" is coming from those who oppose the impending name change.

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It seems to me the "outrage" is coming from those who oppose the impending name change.

Lol, there are way more who want to keep it than those who are so faux butt-hurt, they want the name changed.

812036.gif

There there, it's gonna be okay, pumpkin. Don't cry.

ram29jackson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't mean to take away from another derogatory remark, but how does environmentalism fit into the topic at hand?

hehehehehe sigh

seriously though..where is the 1000 man-indian march ? where is the 10 Indians in front of every super market handing out flyers and getting petitions all over America ? its a completely created issue by tree hugging white liberal media. No one in indian land gives a damn

luckovic.gif

ram29jackson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
look at the huge angry mob of hurt injuns

76647141.jpg

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol, there are way more who want to keep it than those who are so faux butt-hurt, they want the name changed.

812036.gif

There there, it's gonna be okay, pumpkin. Don't cry.

Just to be clear here...you are referring to the Native American groups who feel the term is derogatory as being "faux butt-hurt"?