• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Urban Helped Cover Up Attempted Murder

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know you hate OSU fans (as I've read from one of your posts before)

Completely ambivalent to OSU fans so you're mistaken there. The only fans I hate are San Francisco Giants, Anaheim Angels, Miami Heat, Boston Celtics and LSU.

So I assume from your terse response that you'll be bedding us adieu and moving on to more objective sports forums?

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Completely ambivalent to OSU fans so you're mistaken there. The only fans I hate are San Francisco Giants, Anaheim Angels, Miami Heat, Boston Celtics and LSU.

So I assume from your terse response that you'll be bedding us adieu and moving on to more objective sports forums?

I won't be bedding any of you, and I'm staying right here.

Last edited by a moderator:

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have never claimed he went to the police. I have said that Joe did the minimum he was required to do under the law but that was not enough becuase of who he was. It is possible he was involved in the cover up with those others at PSU but this case never went to the "police", it only was told to a man who ran the PSU police who was also involved.
The UF incident was not on campus and did not involve the FL police. It does sound fishy as the witness took back his identification of who he thought did this. But to say Meyer covered up a attempted murder or had the power to do that is crazy. I would say that same thing about any coach in the country.

Yeah, I just saw that I mistyped. It should have said that you said he was part of the cover up by NOT going directly to the police.

At some point it went to the police because Sandusky is in jail and the the folks who actually covered it up are facing charges.

I'm not saying Meyer covered anything up. But to claim that he didn't have the power to cover up attempted murder, but another coach had the power to cover up child r*pe is pretty disingenuous!!

Additionally, there are many ways for a coach to cover up or "influence" an investigation. In some cases it can be as simple as "vouching" for the kid whether directly to the police or indirectly through another powerful member of the community.

Bottom line, absolutely NO ONE thought that what happened at PSU was possible until it happened. Why would anyone think that anything is not possible after the PSU situation?

Gatorlick

But why is the rum gone?!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just wishful thinking from Gator fans that wouldnt be hating on him if he'd stayed at UF :whistle:
If you actually listened to Gator fans rather than assuming we're all envious of you for having CUM as a probl....I mean coach, you'd know that most all of us didn't want him back after he quit the first time. He'd lost the QB, OC, and DC that made him the success he was at UF, and as a result lost his fire and will to try to win on his own.

For having the nam CaptObvious, you don't catch on to the obvious so quickly......

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

dblakejr7

Preacher Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

what the what ?? whats wrong with the Celtics! im shocked and appalled!

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what the what ?? whats wrong with the Celtics! im shocked and appalled!

In 1979 my life changed forever when I saw Magic Johnson in the colors of royalty. Being raised by a lifelong Celtics fanatic father got to be quite confrontational at times. No shit, we never spoke a single month of May or June during the entire decade of the 80's.

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BTW, Hammer and all of the other members of the Urban-hating sewing circle, for what it's worth -

Bryan Fischer ‏@BryanDFischer 37m
No wonder Florida got turned in for a minor bump violation, it was in a Rivals article: http://SportsHoopla.com/12dUfMW
Expand Reply Retweet Favorite More

(sorry, I have no idea how to imbed tweets as I am not a twitterer)

What actually happened is that the OSU compliance office (which is among the best in the country BTW) follows all of the recruits we are interested in. Reading articles and news reports etc on all of them and found Rivals article that referenced a violation and turned it into the B1G/NCAA to be looked into like they are required to.

ellupo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I just saw that I mistyped. It should have said that you said he was part of the cover up by NOT going directly to the police.

At some point it went to the police because Sandusky is in jail and the the folks who actually covered it up are facing charges.

I'm not saying Meyer covered anything up. But to claim that he didn't have the power to cover up attempted murder, but another coach had the power to cover up child r*pe is pretty disingenuous!!

Additionally, there are many ways for a coach to cover up or "influence" an investigation. In some cases it can be as simple as "vouching" for the kid whether directly to the police or indirectly through another powerful member of the community.

Bottom line, absolutely NO ONE thought that what happened at PSU was possible until it happened. Why would anyone think that anything is not possible after the PSU situation?
I think you are comparing two different things. Could a coach cover up something that happened on campus and did not go to the off campus police? yes. But that is not this case. This was off campus and was handled by off campus police. I am not saying Meyer could not cover up smaller thing by calling the police but attempted murder, no. I do not think I am being disingenuous at all because I see a difference in the two cases.

Gatorlick

But why is the rum gone?!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny.

Some people have to pray and hope that tOSU gets in trouble because its the only way their teams can beat the Buckeyes.

Sorry for being awesome.
2006 National Championship Game comes to mind here.....and 2007 NCG for that matter.....

What trouble was OSU in those years??

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just post the link and it will embed automatically.

Ah ha, there it is.

EDIT: Shit, nevermind. I don't embed tweets often so it shouldn't be too much of an issue.

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BTW, Hammer and all of the other members of the Urban-hating sewing circle, for what it's worth -

Bryan Fischer ‏@BryanDFischer 37m
No wonder Florida got turned in for a minor bump violation, it was in a Rivals article: http://SportsHoopla.com/12dUfMW
Expand Reply Retweet Favorite More

(sorry, I have no idea how to imbed tweets as I am not a twitterer)

What actually happened is that the OSU compliance office (which is among the best in the country BTW) follows all of the recruits we are interested in. Reading articles and news reports etc on all of them and found Rivals article that referenced a violation and turned it into the B1G/NCAA to be looked into like they are required to.

How come OSU didn't play in a bowl game again?

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How come OSU didn't play in a bowl game again?

Class trip.

Jk. Edit: (which is NOW SINCE GETTING OUR ASSES REAMED BY THE NCAA, among the best in the country BTW)

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
GAINESVILLE, Fla. -- Authorities in the Massachusetts murder case against former New England Patriots tight end Aaron Hernandez have reached out to the police in Gainesville, Fla., in hopes of determining if Hernandez had any role in a 2007 shooting that left two men wounded.

where is this FLA murder?

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you are comparing two different things. Could a coach cover up something that happened on campus and did not go to the off campus police? yes. But that is not this case. This was off campus and was handled by off campus police. I am not saying Meyer could not cover up smaller thing by calling the police but attempted murder, no. I do not think I am being disingenuous at all because I see a difference in the two cases.

I don't think that the difference is as big as you'd like it to be.

Just for the sake of argument, let's say that Urban made a phone call to "vouch" for the kid. Doesn't matter whether he called the police directly or called a booster that he knew had "influence" and that phone call resulted in the police moving their investigation "in another direction". Isn't that still a "cover up"? In either case, whether it was making sure that an incident never involved the police or whether it was ensuring that the police stopped looking at someone's potential involvement, it is still covering something up to prevent the police from doing their job.