• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Urban Helped Cover Up Attempted Murder

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess I do not see any smoke as of now with Meyer. There is lots of speculation but where is the smoke with Meyer? He could have covered up manythings, but if you recall his players were in the news for being prosecuted. He didnt try to hide that to save face, why would he hide this?

It just seems the Urb stories are coming in like bonsai fighters on Pearl Harbor over last couple years... (too soon?)

Anyways, whether he has nothing to do with this or not, it just seems that where their is smoke their is fire and eventually this guy will get beat up by the NCAA.

Some of these stories may be driven by haterade... WHo knows. But he is in the spotlight for the wrong reasons none the less. When that happens folks are going to keep digging. Seems 99% of the time that happens something bad happens.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If tOSU BOT hires the former head of the FBI to investigate this and it is found that Urban helped cover up a murder, he should be fired and given a show cause penalty by the NCAA so he can never coach in college ever again.

However, since this crap all happened at a different school over 6 years ago, I doubt the President, AD and one of its VP's of tOSU were involved, so I think Ohio State is in the clear on this one.

I wasn't all that keen on Meyer being hired as the Buckeye coach (because of the lack of player discipline when he was at Florida), but until he does something that tarnishes the university, I am cool with it. If arrests without consequences begin to pile up at tOSU, I will be here to tell my Buckeye brethren "I told you so."

This is what I don't get. Why is everyone rushing to defend Ohio state? They would have had no role in this if it did happen. Why would the haters come out so strongly in force when worst case for Ohio state they need a new coach? I don't think anyone has claimed Ohio state should be punished.

It's not about haters. It's about most of your fans here blindly acting like this is 100% impossible and he had no means or motive to do so. I have never said he did it; I have been focusing on the posts claiming it's not plausible when it clearly is. Likely? Maybe, maybe not. But I think it's an odd sign that the only people calling it completely implausible are OSU fans. I don't have any preference for or against them; I'm not a hater or supporter, and if your brethren would just admit it's plausible but not that likely, this thread would be over.

Last edited by a moderator:

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice semi rational bloviation. I love how you play the devils advocate. Cool shit

2010-11-15-Devils-Advocate.png

satan-murder-featured-image.gif

ellupo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is what I don't get. Why is everyone rushing to defend Ohio state? They would have had no role in this if it did happen. Why would the haters come out so strongly in force when worst case for Ohio state they need a new coach? I don't think anyone has claimed Ohio state should be punished.

It's not about haters. It's about most of your fans here blindly acting like this is 100% impossible and he had no means or motive to do so. I have never said he did it; I have been focusing on the posts claiming it's not plausible when it clearly is. Likely? Maybe, maybe not. But I think it's an odd sign that the only people calling it completely implausible are OSU fans. I don't have any preference for or against them; I'm not a hater or supporter, and if your brethren would just admit it's plausible but not that likely, this thread would be over.
Yes they have, read this thread.

ellupo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It just seems the Urb stories are coming in like bonsai fighters on Pearl Harbor over last couple years... (too soon?)

Anyways, whether he has nothing to do with this or not, it just seems that where their is smoke their is fire and eventually this guy will get beat up by the NCAA.

Some of these stories may be driven by haterade... WHo knows. But he is in the spotlight for the wrong reasons none the less. When that happens folks are going to keep digging. Seems 99% of the time that happens something bad happens.
The stories are coming with Meyer because he is Meyer and at tOSU. The recent story about FL, is a joke. The compliance department turned in FL for what they thought was a violation on a recruit that tOSU was looking at and Meyer was told after the fact. The problem is the media liked the story of Meyer turning them in better so that was first reported. No truth to that.

I just dont see any smoke yet. Things can change, but not yet.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have read every post in this thread. Some people made a comment about a "death penalty" for Meyer. I remember nothing about OSU being punished; just you guys defending against shit people didn't say.

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The stories are coming with Meyer because he is Meyer and at tOSU. The recent story about FL, is a joke. The compliance department turned in FL for what they thought was a violation on a recruit that tOSU was looking at and Meyer was told after the fact. The problem is the media liked the story of Meyer turning them in better so that was first reported. No truth to that.

I just dont see any smoke yet. Things can change, but not yet.

Half a dozen in one hand and half a dozen in the other hand. Multiple sources are saying Urb was involved including an ESPN reporter.

We cant blame this solely on the compliance dept only just yet. Urb denies it but there are many saying hold on just a minute...

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have read every post in this thread. Some people made a comment about a "death penalty" for Meyer. I remember nothing about OSU being punished; just you guys defending against shit people didn't say.

The only thing tOSU has to worry about from Urbs past actions is a ban or suspension of Meyer. If any of this speculation by msg board guy comes to fruition then Urb is in trouble, not tOSU.

I think it could and will prove to be a distraction. Like most of us have said, the media will do what they can to find something on Urb henceforth and blow it out of proportion thus creating a media circus in Cbus

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only thing tOSU has to worry about from Urbs past actions is a ban or suspension of Meyer. If any of this speculation by msg board guy comes to fruition then Urb is in trouble, not tOSU.

I think it could and will prove to be a distraction. Like most of us have said, the media will do what they can to find something on Urb henceforth and blow it out of proportion thus creating a media circus in Cbus

:agree: the point of this post was to dispute the claims that "haters" are saying they should punish OSU. I don't think anyone has seriously claimed that. If this came to fruition I would assume he is fired. OSU would be fine.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are trying to use the exception to show proof? You are smarter than that.

No, I'm showing that it has happened before!! Again, not saying Urban did anything, but to just dismiss the possibility has a lot to do with why some coaches, players, etc. do the things they do. They think they won't get caught because of who they are and/or how much they have to lose!!

BoiseMike19

10 inch Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 450.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Personally have no skin in this game other than in recent years have come to hate tOSU soley because of their predominantly cocky fanbase and their blind support of Gee, the tat5 and school coaching staff and admin that covered for the tat5. Even with that said, think it's too early to hang the new leader. However, the minute the evidence shows cause I will grab the closest pitchfork and join the linchmob.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Personally have no skin in this game other than in recent years have come to hate tOSU soley because of their predominantly cocky fanbase and their blind support of Gee, the tat5 and school coaching staff and admin that covered for the tat5. Even with that said, think it's too early to hang the new leader. However, the minute the evidence shows cause I will grab the closest pitchfork and join the linchmob.

I have the same attitude, minus any opinion on Ohio State. I have solely attacked the claims that it is impossible and other homeristic bullshit.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If tOSU BOT hires the former head of the FBI to investigate this and it is found that Urban helped cover up a murder, he should be fired and given a show cause penalty by the NCAA so he can never coach in college ever again.

However, since this crap all happened at a different school over 6 years ago, I doubt the President, AD and one of its VP's of tOSU were involved, so I think Ohio State is in the clear on this one.

I wasn't all that keen on Meyer being hired as the Buckeye coach (because of the lack of player discipline when he was at Florida), but until he does something that tarnishes the university, I am cool with it. If arrests without consequences begin to pile up at tOSU, I will be here to tell my Buckeye brethren "I told you so."

I don't think anyone is claiming that tOSU wouldn't be in the clear on this. The only issue for tOSU would be the possibility of losing their coach and/or the distraction if this thing drags out over the season!!

yeodonie

Small Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think anyone is claiming that tOSU wouldn't be in the clear on this. The only issue for tOSU would be the possibility of losing their coach and/or the distraction if this thing drags out over the season!!

yeah but Florida could be in a world of hurt much like Penn State (assuming the NCAA was consistent... so yeah that isn't happening)

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry, when you make a crap statement like the one I highlighted, it makes me stop reading.

sheesh guy... 11 posts and you are quite angry... I am going to start calling you Rustled Jimmy

tumblr_m7emi3pUJm1ro5ylto1_500.png

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

:lm:

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes they have, read this thread.

Disagree!! There may be a couple of folks on here claiming that tOSU should be punished, but the majority are talking only about Meyer (and maybe Florida)!!

cwerph

Go Bucks!
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have read this entire thread. What I will say is time will tell. And I fear for Coach Urb this wont end well for him the way alot of you believe.

Where there is smoke there is usually fire. I honestly hope for the passionate Buckeye fans that Urb is clean. This is not what that program needs. And no matter how much some of you or I dislike tOSU they are good for the game of CFB. Losing Coach Urb to a scandal would not be cool.
FIFY.

Where there is smoke there is usually dope. And there is plenty of that in this thread.