• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Urban Helped Cover Up Attempted Murder

#1BostonFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.40
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You think a coach that is paid millions of dollars a year is going to risk prison time in order to cover up a murder for 1 player?

And that player is a....TE?

:laugh3:

It comes down to morals. You can't prove he knows, he wouldn't get in trouble. I just feel the evidence shows he MIGHT have known and when your dirty Urby your not getting the benefit of the doubt. That's his fault.

#1BostonFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.40
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you are off, it makes more sense to cut the guy lose. An attempted murder that is handled by the public police, not campus, and is in the news is not something you try to cover up. It would make more sense to cut the guy lose. I think its more delusional to think a coach could try and cover up attempted murder.

Look at Joe Pa. He's not dirty Urby either and he was willing to cover up Sandusky for the program and him.

Team Mookie

You won't live forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
#1BostonFan, Please tell us what kind of intent Urban would have had to do such a thing. Just doesn't make sense, nor does it pass the sniff test. Its so fucking highly unlikely that he would something like that for such a disposable type of individual that it doesn't even look or sound reasonable.

Brasky

Till We Can't Be Beat. WON'T. BE. BEAT.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The current UCLA head coach covered for a kid while at Iowa who raped a girl. Just one of hundreds of examples.

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shit, Tom Osborne even covered for some guys who did seriously suspect shit.

Never attempted murder or anything like that though.

Couple women got beat up, couple dudes got beat up, Tom waved his magic wand and made it all go away.

If you think Urban didn't have the power to make it all go away, you are severely naive.

Team Mookie

You won't live forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The current UCLA head coach covered for a kid while at Iowa who raped a girl. Just one of hundreds of examples.

Again, what would his intent be to do this.

Do you agree that there is a lack of intent..?

#1BostonFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.40
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
#1BostonFan, Please tell us what kind of intent Urban would have had to do such a thing. Just doesn't make sense, nor does it pass the sniff test. Its so fucking highly unlikely that he would something like that for such a disposable type of individual that it doesn't even look or sound reasonable.

It's Urban Meyer and Hernandez was the best TE in the country his last season at UF. Don't you think he saw how good Hernandez could be? He's a great football coach. Role model, not really.

#1BostonFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.40
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Lack of intent maybe, but I could see Urban turning his head to it. I mean have you even read the reports? Sounds like it was Hernandez.

TROJAN-MAN

Been around the block more times than the mailman
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You think a coach that is paid millions of dollars a year is going to risk prison time in order to cover up a murder for 1 player?

And that player is a....TE?

In a few years, they will be calling him a wide receiver:lol:

Team Mookie

You won't live forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Couple women got beat up, couple dudes got beat up, Tom waved his magic wand and made it all go away.

If you think Urban didn't have the power to make it all go away, you are severely naive.

Brasky using Brasky logic to call someone naïve.

You then are a fool to believe he had the power to cover up such an event.

#1BostonFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.40
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The 2007 Gainesville shooting happened on Sept. 30, when Hernandez was a 17-year-old freshman with the Gators. The two men and a friend of theirs had left a nightclub and were in their car stopped at a light blocks away when their vehicle was fired upon, according to the statements two of the men gave to police. Corey Smith, a 28-year-old at the time who was sitting in the front passenger seat, was shot in back of the head. Justin Glass, the 19-year-old driver, was shot in the arm. Randall Cason, sitting in the back seat behind Smith, was unharmed.

Then
Cason, then 20, told police that shooter was a "Hawaiian" or "Hispanic" male who had a large, muscular build, stood about 6-foot-3 or 6-4, weighed about 230 or 240 pounds and had a lot of tattoos. Cason said there was also a black male with the shooter, and Cason identified the black male as Reggie Nelson, a former Florida Gator who was a rookie with the Jacksonville Jaguars. Nelson, in an interview with the Gainesville police, said he had been at the nightclub earlier but denied he was even on the same street as the shooting.

Makes you wonder.

Team Mookie

You won't live forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The 2007 Gainesville shooting happened on Sept. 30, when Hernandez was a 17-year-old freshman with the Gators. The two men and a friend of theirs had left a nightclub and were in their car stopped at a light blocks away when their vehicle was fired upon, according to the statements two of the men gave to police. Corey Smith, a 28-year-old at the time who was sitting in the front passenger seat, was shot in back of the head. Justin Glass, the 19-year-old driver, was shot in the arm. Randall Cason, sitting in the back seat behind Smith, was unharmed.

Then
Cason, then 20, told police that shooter was a "Hawaiian" or "Hispanic" male who had a large, muscular build, stood about 6-foot-3 or 6-4, weighed about 230 or 240 pounds and had a lot of tattoos. Cason said there was also a black male with the shooter, and Cason identified the black male as Reggie Nelson, a former Florida Gator who was a rookie with the Jacksonville Jaguars. Nelson, in an interview with the Gainesville police, said he had been at the nightclub earlier but denied he was even on the same street as the shooting.

Makes you wonder.

Yeah, no I'm not seeing it. Where did you copy and paste this BS from..? I need more of a narrative than this to get the complete picture of what you're trying to say. I'm sorry...

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree to some extent about the risks of covering up for attempted murder, but I will say it's not uncommon for big institutions to work with local govt and LE to cover up wrong-doings by those local institutions. The potential embarrassment could cost the institution a lot of support moneys as well as hurt the local economy.

When I was in the military it wasn't uncommon for me to get a phone call from local LE to come get one of my subordinates who's gotten into trouble. As long as I signed them out (my responsibility) they'd drop the charges. I got out of bed at 2:00am a number of times.

It wasn't attempted murder, but getting into fights with locals wasn't uncommon.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So did Devaney.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

His motivation is that it is a distraction and an embarrassment to the program to have a player in that kind of trouble. There are some direct on the field motivations as well, but off the field it is huge. If Hernandez got convicted while there it could have ruined their program and took his job just as easily as getting caught covering it up.

And as I stated the covering it up could consist of a single conversation, with minimal risk of being found out.

#1BostonFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.40
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, no I'm not seeing it. Where did you copy and paste this BS from..? I need more of a narrative than this to get the complete picture of what you're trying to say. I'm sorry...

Uhh ESPN.

#1BostonFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.40
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree to some extent about the risks of covering up for attempted murder, but I will say it's not uncommon for big institutions to work with local govt and LE to cover up wrong-doings by those local institutions. The potential embarrassment could cost the institution a lot of support moneys as well as hurt the local economy.

When I was in the military it wasn't uncommon for me to get a phone call from local LE to come get one of my subordinates who's gotten into trouble. As long as I signed them out (my responsibility) they'd drop the charges. I got out of bed at 2:00am a number of times.

It wasn't attempted murder, but getting into fights with locals wasn't uncommon.

That's pretty corrupt.

Team Mookie

You won't live forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I understand where you are going with this, but they are not really all that comparable. Municipalities or communities that surround militarily bases have a compact agreement with the IG to turn over or prosecute criminal behavior of service personal. It is not the same as there are jurisdictional issues when we are talking about local, state vs. Federal government owned property as in the case of a soldier.

I do agree that it is entirely possible that corrupt local LE might work with a university police dept. to suppress criminal acts that take place on or near college campuses as they would be worried about biting the hand that feeds them. I have not been to Gainesville(sp) and don't know what it is like. Does it have a reputation for being a corrupt shithole.

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

ESPN DIPFUCK.

I LINKED IT IN MY ORIGINAL FUCKING POST.

Cot damn.

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you're not gonna read the thread, then don't comment. You just end up looking like Team faggot over here. :nod: