• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Urban Helped Cover Up Attempted Murder

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Team Mookie

You won't live forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is news worthy and Brasky was speculating a bit, but hey, the speculation has very solid ground No?

Everyone outside of cBus believes so

WM, you are better than this.

This is complete BS and you and everyone else knows it. Blind hate for TOSU and Urban Meyer is all this is. Very sad..... Can't wait to get the season started so this nonsense goes away.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bullshit. Ohio state isn't particularly relevant to this, and I have no preference about either. But it is perfectly legitimate speculation to ask if Meyer was involved. He almost certainly found out his players were interviewed in connection to the action, and it's nowhere near out of the question that he made a phone call to someone and said he wanted this gone.

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bullshit. Ohio state isn't particularly relevant to this, and I have no preference about either. But it is perfectly legitimate speculation to ask if Meyer was involved. He almost certainly found out his players were interviewed in connection to the action, and it's nowhere near out of the question that he made a phone call to someone and said he wanted this gone.
:agree:

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
personally, you should be rooting for a college team if you went there or maybe even played there

i never understood the guy whos a notre dame fan from arizona who never went there, or husker fans who went to the school of cosmetology in lincoln.

Isn't everyone a college basketball fan around march madness? I know there are a lot more brackets filled out every year than grads of those schools.

People are fans of all sorts of sports. Why should it matter if some of those sports happen to be performed by kids in school instead of paid athletes? Lots of people prefer the college game in both football and basketball.

I have friends who are fans of UW football who didn't attend and they are every bit as rabid about them as those of us who did go there.

While it is true that non attending bandwagon jumpers appear in larger numbers for teams that have a winning tradition, I see no problems with it in any way.

Team Mookie

You won't live forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

What a fucking reach around. You really believe he had the power to just call some jabroni and make this shit go away. Knowing your players were interviewed is a hell of a late different than believing he had the power to persuade LE investigators to drop all action in this case. Just no way this could have occurred. We are talking major conspiracy to cover up a crime. In Florida, I just don't see that kind of shit happening.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Absolutely. He was the coach at a very large college with powerful alumni as boosters. I would bet he would have at least 2-3 people he could call, possibly more.

Brasky

Till We Can't Be Beat. WON'T. BE. BEAT.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OSU fan jimmie status: Rustled.

WestEndVol

Rarest Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Could you imagine how shitty CFB would be if only people who went there could be fans? The loss in revenue alone would kill most athletic depts. compared to where they're at now.
True

I've been a Tennessee fan since I was about 8 or 9. I don't mind people pulling for teams because they went there, but you're not gonna tell me that some guy that waited until he was almost 20 and in college before becoming a fan of a team, is more of a fan than me, when I've been following college football and my team practically my whole life.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This has nothing to do with tOSU and the up-and-coming undefeated season, so I'm good.

But it seems like when Urban went to Florida it was the worst thing to happen to him. Florida is a bad reputation and even worse now, it is ashame it went there first and didn't just come straight to the Buckeyes.

ellupo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lets say he did make a call to vouch for the guy. Even if that call went to the governor of FL, he still does not have the power to cover up the attempted murder. Now the governor could have that power but Meyer does not. And if he did, that did not "prevent" the police from doing their job, that would have had someone with power direct them in another direction. Also if Meyer was asked and vouched for the guy because he has had good experiences with him, is that also trying to cover up?

It depends on the purpose of the call!! For Urban to have a player questioned by police and not know about it, would be highly unusual. If the police called him and asked about the player directly and Urban said that to his knowledge this is a good kid, then I see no problem.

But, if he initiates a call to the police or to a powerful booster with the purpose of stopping the investigation into his player (and by all accounts Hernandez was at least very good and possibly great) then it is definitely a cover up.

You can't have it both ways. You can't say that JoePa was part of a cover up for reporting what was told to him to the very people that he was required by law to report it to rather than go to the police himself. Then turn around and say there is no way that Urban could be part of any cover up at Florida just because he happens to be your coach now.

I'm not saying that Urban did anything of the sort. But it is interesting that the witnesses said it was a UF football player and the description (a large Hawaiian or Hispanic looking guy) fits Hernandez exactly and the police suddenly stop looking at him as a suspect after questioning him once.
Lots of "ifs". I agree it is interesting and then that same witness recanted the ID. I am not sure what went on down there but I would bet money that Meyer was not involved in trying to cover up an attempted murder. I would bet money no college coach, especially a top one making millions would risk their jobs and freedom to save a player guilty of this.

Team Mookie

You won't live forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This has nothing to do with tOSU and the up-and-coming undefeated season, so I'm good.

But it seems like when Urban went to Florida it was the worst thing to happen to him. Florida is a bad reputation and even worse now, it is ashame it went there first and didn't just come straight to the Buckeyes.

I agree....

Just a bad, bad break up. It seems like Florida fans can't get over the fact that Urban was done and wanted to move on. Now that Urban is with the better looking girl (TOSU), Florida fans act like some jaded ex-wife.

I also wonder if Urban has some unresolved feelings due to turning their asses in for that recruiting violation. Shit be crazy.

ellupo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its a legit question to say "Hey high profile college coach making millions, did you help cover up an attempted murder and risk your job and freedom to save this one kid?"
Asking is what is bullshit.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You clearly wouldn't say anything to him without evidence. But in the context of a discussion among others, it is 100% feasible.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hernandez had a habit of having things just 'go away' in Gainesville.

Report: Aaron Hernandez involved in 2007 incident at Florida - NFL News | FOX Sports on MSN

the department recommended a charge of felony battery, which for Florida adults carries a maximum punishment of five years in prison.

What happened in the case from there is unclear. Tobias said Hernandez could have been given deferred prosecution or prosecutors may have decided not to file official charges. It’s also possible Taphorn was not willing to testify against Hernandez, and Tobias said victim testimony is very important in felony battery cases.

TROJAN-MAN

Been around the block more times than the mailman
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Absolutely. He was the coach at a very large college with powerful alumni as boosters. I would bet he would have at least 2-3 people he could call, possibly more.

You mean like this bitch

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KgbBP9Em00A]Corrine Brown - Go Gata (with Subtitles) - YouTube[/ame]

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
25 GATORS arrested 31 times in Urban Meyer era including Hernandez, yet he managed to go 65-15.

Yeah, the guy has zero influence.

Dude. We got the point that you don't like UFM. Move along.

Team Mookie

You won't live forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm loving this.... I haven't seen so many TOSU fans on here ever. Oscar where you at..?