• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Updated playoff race

Logicallylethal

Hoopla Cash
$ 933.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NFC West Race

Arizona (9-2)

Seattle (7-4)
San Fran (7-4)

Arizona has @ Atlanta, vs KC, @ St. Louis, vs Seattle, and @ San Fran left on their schedule.

We obviously need to take care of business week 16. Arizona has to lose 1 of the 2 games between KC and San Fran. That leaves Atlanta and St. Louis on the road. Two games they should win. We will need them to lose one of those games too.

That would put Arizona at 11-5 with us holding the tie breaker.

Wild Card Race

Philly (8-3) - currently lead the East via tie breaker

Dallas (8-3)
Detroit (7-4)

Seattle (7-4)
San Fran (7-4)

Philly plays Dallas next week at Jerry's palace. We need to root for Dallas to win since they hold the tie breaker over us. A Dallas win would put Philly at 8-4 giving us a chance in week 14 to give them their 5th loss and gain the tie breaker.

Detroit dropping 2 in a row is huge for us. They have vs Chicago, vs Tampa, vs Minny, @ Chicago, and @ Green Bay to end the season

I'm gonna pencil in a L for the GB game week 17. Which puts them at 5 losses. The 4 game stretch from week 13 to week 16 has Detroit favored in each game, but this is the NFL so I see them dropping 1 of those games. That puts them at 10 wins and we will have the tie breaker over Detroit because our strength of victory will be better once we face the likes of San Fran, Arizona, and Philly.

12 wins is a guarantee we get the NFC West title and probably a bye (but highly unlikely that we run the table with the type of schedule we have)

11 wins guarantees us a wild card spot and could be enough to win the division

10 wins could be enough to clinch that last wild card spot for us, but we will need a lot of things to go right for us and things to go wrong for other teams

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My gut says the cardinals are going to struggle the rest of the way mostly on offense and mostly because they have a backup qb.

NinerFan52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NFC West Race

Wild Card Race

12 wins is a guarantee we get the NFC West title and probably a bye (but highly unlikely that we run the table with the type of schedule we have)

11 wins guarantees us a wild card spot and could be enough to win the division

10 wins could be enough to clinch that last wild card spot for us, but we will need a lot of things to go right for us and things to go wrong for other teams

I agree 100% on this for both teams. This is why in the Niners v. Seahawks thread I didn't call this Thursday's game a "must win". You can make a case bc it's a home game for Niners that it's more important for them bc going into Seattle and winning is tough. But I could easily see either team losing Thursday, then running the table and finishing 11-5. Should be a wild finish to the season!