• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

UPDATED 1/10/2013 10:30PM: Offensive coaching staff for next year

hokiehi21

DC sports are cursed
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What about Irick? Thomas Smith on campus yet?

Camfantasy

Valar Morghulis
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Caleb looked good this year in practices and I think we are really going to like Stanford. He has the speed to take the top off of defenses. We need that.

Knowles too. I'm pulling for them to use Mangus as kind of a D'Anthony Thomas from Oregon type guy at RB and pull him out in the slot on occasion. He definitely has the speed and open field moves to make some linebackers shit their pants on some plays. Hopefully we can find an OC that can utilize some of these versatile guys we have now.

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know much about Irick. He is a leaper, and a smart kid. Smith is in, I think. Not Aire yet.

DJ Coles and Knowles have to be good this year. I think Coles is going to blow up and be awesome though.

From a pure skill standpoint, he is the best WR to ever come through Blacksburg. He was just stuck behind the two most prolific receivers in VT history.

mrjhokie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Caleb looked good this year in practices and I think we are really going to like Stanford. He has the speed to take the top off of defenses. We need that.
Almost forgot about Stanford. :nod: With a good spring he should be ready to produce early next season.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
None of you guys caught this, huh?

oh come on, you just dont expect to see that right there.. you trickster!

(like the pick though.. i kinda sorta want LT to leave.. sometimes kinda a lot.. i definitely want this years LT to leave though)

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am mixed on it. I think he is a great leader out there and mature but he had a really bad year. I am not sure how much of that was a result of him rushing because he had no running game and no OL.

At the same time....I have heard really good things about Leal.

mrjhokie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its a good 1st pick. Not sure about the second one unless you have new information about LT.

RB could get interesting with Edmunds, Mangus, and (hopefully) Drew Harris joining the picture.

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Oh. I saw it. And honestly think that is a possibility. Haven't really seen much of him (like most of you) but have heard very good things about him. I have been saying all year that LT could be a Round 1 or 2 pick, and I stand by that..even after this shit year he has had. This is only because he would completely wow everyone at the combine (after someone works with him pre-draft and straightens him out) and a good team would pick him up and put him on the bench for 3-5 years.

I like the call on DJ Coles though. He will be huge.

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is nothing more than a feeling, but I am about 70/30 that Logan leaves for a few reasons:

1. New OC coming in (this could go either way though).
2. Weak QB class could elevate him.
3. What if he comes back and has another bad year.
4. He apparently got a really good grade from the league.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am mixed on it. I think he is a great leader out there and mature but he had a really bad year. I am not sure how much of that was a result of him rushing because he had no running game and no OL.

At the same time....I have heard really good things about Leal.

i think the hype along with being the go-to guy had LT forcing things and trying to be a superstar early in the season.. when things went awry his confidence was shot and he never recovered.. he overthrew at least 25% of his throws this season, and probably 50% of those were overthrown badly

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is nothing more than a feeling, but I am about 70/30 that Logan leaves for a few reasons:

1. New OC coming in (this could go either way though).
2. Weak QB class could elevate him.
3. What if he comes back and has another bad year.
4. He apparently got a really good grade from the league.

saw today that mel kiper has mike glennon as the #1 qb in the class right now.. even after the shit year, i wouldn't blame LT for leaving one bit

mrjhokie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think LT might be smart to stay another year if Pep's the new OC.

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it would be a total disservice to the team for any OC to come in and not have an open QB race. I think Leal has looked pretty good, who knows if Bucky could be the real deal, and 2011 LT can obviously get it done. There is no way we can run 2012 LT out there for another year though.