• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

UPDATED 1/10/2013 10:30PM: Offensive coaching staff for next year

rockhead44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. It galls me to see Hite still out there.

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
willem_dafoe_freaky_gif.gif

Hahaha

Any new news on interviews/potential candidates??

Taz_Hokie

Ut Prosim
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very very good information from a good source that there are three new empty seats at Merryman today. I will let you guys know when I know more. Official announcement very soon I assume.

:shocked: :D

Such a tease.

:whistle:

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No idea on interviews. That stuff is being kept pretty hush hush. One thing that I can say is the job appears to be extremely well regarded and we are getting some supposedly high end interest.

Others see VT a little different than some of our fans do. Sometimes it takes stepping back to really gain perspective on what you (as a program) rely have to offer. We aren't Bama, but we aren't Syracuse either.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
have they even announced firing anyone yet? seems like a lot of detail is known about replacing people, when, so far, there's nobody to replace?

HoHumHokie

Stick It In
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No idea on interviews. That stuff is being kept pretty hush hush. One thing that I can say is the job appears to be extremely well regarded and we are getting some supposedly high end interest.

Others see VT a little different than some of our fans do. Sometimes it takes stepping back to really gain perspective on what you (as a program) rely have to offer. We aren't Bama, but we aren't Syracuse either.

In the end, the only thing that matters is how much money VT is willing to shell out. When was the last time VT had to make a hire this big for football staff? The price for coaches in demand is high these days. I guess our coaches are paid pretty well, although Foster deserves another significant raise. I am shocked at how much UVA is throwing at Tom OBrien. Will VT lay out that kind of money for an OC?

VTscores

Observer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Before any changes, VT football was ranked 23rd in the country in coach compensation. UVA was ranked 25th.

This would be a good time to VT to up it's game.

NickVT10

annnnnnnd its gone
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In the end, the only thing that matters is how much money VT is willing to shell out. When was the last time VT had to make a hire this big for football staff? The price for coaches in demand is high these days. I guess our coaches are paid pretty well, although Foster deserves another significant raise. I am shocked at how much UVA is throwing at Tom OBrien. Will VT lay out that kind of money for an OC?

I agree with this and 100% agree Foster needs a raise. He is making 430k i believe? He needs to be bumped to around 600k IMO. We need to keep him around.

vtpoop

Same poop, different day
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NextGame ‏@NextGameNation

Our sources tell us that Pep Hamilton is in Blacksburg interviewing for the #Hokies OC position. Would be a major grab for them.

VTscores

Observer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
NextGame ‏@NextGameNation

Our sources tell us that Pep Hamilton is in Blacksburg interviewing for the #Hokies OC position. Would be a major grab for them.

Please make this happen.

Please make this happen.

Taz_Hokie

Ut Prosim
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very very good information from a good source that there are three new empty seats at Merryman today. I will let you guys know when I know more. Official announcement very soon I assume.

:shocked: :D

have they even announced firing anyone yet? seems like a lot of detail is known about replacing people, when, so far, there's nobody to replace?

I think that is what 46 is implying in his post here. From what I've read (and has been posted here), Frank is going to be talking to alot of people at the AFCA convention next week.

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Last edited by a moderator:

sparko

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Those rumors have been confirmed to be false .. re: Pep interviewing in Blacksburg.

ACC_HOKIES

4 ACC Championships
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
JMU fans I know seem to think they're getting 2/3 of our favorite offensive coaches. That's not from any sort of source, just acouple JMU FB friends. Awesome if true though.

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with this and 100% agree Foster needs a raise. He is making 430k i believe? He needs to be bumped to around 600k IMO. We need to keep him around.

According a recent blog by AB, Fosters salary will be 500k this year, not counting various bonuses AND the 1 mill bonus he will get in the next year or two. Not quite SEC caliber, but still very good for a DC. Bud has stayed because he loves the area/people/school, is invested in the program, has better job security than 100% of the coordinators in the country, and probably has a legitimate shot to be VTs next HC. Will all that being said, I would still be fine with a base salary pay ump of say an additional 100k. A highly sought after OC is going to want Stiney money (300-350k$) or better, gotta keep that in mind. Pockets aren't as deep at VT as SEC, and some of the other B12, B1G, P12 schools.

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
According a recent blog by AB, Fosters salary will be 500k this year, not counting various bonuses AND the 1 mill bonus he will get in the next year or two. Not quite SEC caliber, but still very good for a DC. Bud has stayed because he loves the area/people/school, is invested in the program, has better job security than 100% of the coordinators in the country, and probably has a legitimate shot to be VTs next HC. Will all that being said, I would still be fine with a base salary pay ump of say an additional 100k. A highly sought after OC is going to want Stiney money (300-350k$) or better, gotta keep that in mind. Pockets aren't as deep at VT as SEC, and some of the other B12, B1G, P12 schools.

If you're really going for highly sought after folks, I wouldn't be shocked if it was in the 5-600K+ range