• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Upcoming Games

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NYG lost week 1 to Broncos 27-13.

Bills lost week 1 to Steelers 23-16.

Falcons lost week 1 to the Eagles 32-6.

So why do we judge our own team so much differently than these other teams?

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NYG lost week 1 to Broncos 27-13.

Bills lost week 1 to Steelers 23-16.

Falcons lost week 1 to the Eagles 32-6.

So why do we judge our own team so much differently than these other teams?
Vested interest here! (we really don't care about other teams to that extent) To be fair, fans in other places feel the same way about their team in the same way relative to others.

Skin'EmAll

Celebrity Troublemaker
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Skins game was riddled with poor play calling on offense and defense, it was a game that could have been won despite the Gibson fumble. Our kicker sucks also.
Keenan Allen got a first on 3rd and 17, Keenan allen went uncovered on several 3rd downs. You let anyone else except 13 break you, that's elementary.
You pay money and watch this team to see them win or at least look good trying.
They failed to do either sunday.

That's at least why I'm livid after week 1.
Also i have Terry on my fantasy team and his stats weren't great lol

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Posts like this always make me say "which play calls didn't you like?" No offense but we have no idea what any of the calls were. You could be right, but it could have been execution too.

Skin'EmAll

Celebrity Troublemaker
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are we really gonna go there? "which play calls didn't you like?" "we have no idea what any of the calls were"
I promise you, you could have filled in as OC looking at some of this game log

3rd & 10 at WSH 15
(10:16 - 1st) (Shotgun) PENALTY on WAS-J.Smith-Williams, Neutral Zone Infraction, 5 yards, enforced at WAS 15 - No Play.
1st & 10 at WSH 26 1st quarter
(9:09 - 1st) (Shotgun) A.Gibson left guard to WAS 30 for 4 yards (J.Bosa).
2nd & 6 at WSH 30
(8:33 - 1st) (Shotgun) R.Fitzpatrick pass short middle to A.Gibson to WAS 32 for 2 yards
3rd & 4 at WSH 32
(7:51 - 1st) (Shotgun) R.Fitzpatrick pass incomplete short right to D.Brown (D.James).
----
1st & 10 at LAC 48
(6:04 - 1st) A.Gibson right guard to LAC 44 for 4 yards (J.Bosa).
2nd & 6 at LAC 44
(5:34 - 1st) (Shotgun) A.Gibson left guard ran ob at LAC 17 for 27 yards (A.Samuel).
1st & 10 at LAC 17
(4:59 - 1st) (Shotgun) A.Gibson left tackle to LAC 20 for -3 yards (J.Jones).
2nd & 13 at LAC 20
(4:16 - 1st) (Shotgun) R.Fitzpatrick pass short right to A.Humphries pushed ob at LAC 14 for 6 yards (A.Samuel).
3rd & 7 at LAC 14
(3:42 - 1st) (Shotgun) R.Fitzpatrick scrambles up the middle to LAC 12 for 2 yards (K.Murray).
4th & 5 at LAC 12
(2:57 - 1st) D.Hopkins 30 yard field goal is GOOD, Center-C.Cheeseman, Holder-T.Way.

2nd & 20 at WSH 47
(8:23 - 4th) (Shotgun) T.Heinicke pass short left to A.Humphries pushed ob at LAC 49 for 4 yards (K.White).

I've seen better in high school with the starting QB knocked out of a game, If you want to make excuses for a professional, I can respect that.
But lets call a spade a spade bro

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are we really gonna go there? "which play calls didn't you like?" "we have no idea what any of the calls were"
I promise you, you could have filled in as OC looking at some of this game log

3rd & 10 at WSH 15
(10:16 - 1st) (Shotgun) PENALTY on WAS-J.Smith-Williams, Neutral Zone Infraction, 5 yards, enforced at WAS 15 - No Play.
1st & 10 at WSH 26 1st quarter
(9:09 - 1st) (Shotgun) A.Gibson left guard to WAS 30 for 4 yards (J.Bosa).
2nd & 6 at WSH 30
(8:33 - 1st) (Shotgun) R.Fitzpatrick pass short middle to A.Gibson to WAS 32 for 2 yards
3rd & 4 at WSH 32
(7:51 - 1st) (Shotgun) R.Fitzpatrick pass incomplete short right to D.Brown (D.James).
----
1st & 10 at LAC 48
(6:04 - 1st) A.Gibson right guard to LAC 44 for 4 yards (J.Bosa).
2nd & 6 at LAC 44
(5:34 - 1st) (Shotgun) A.Gibson left guard ran ob at LAC 17 for 27 yards (A.Samuel).
1st & 10 at LAC 17
(4:59 - 1st) (Shotgun) A.Gibson left tackle to LAC 20 for -3 yards (J.Jones).
2nd & 13 at LAC 20
(4:16 - 1st) (Shotgun) R.Fitzpatrick pass short right to A.Humphries pushed ob at LAC 14 for 6 yards (A.Samuel).
3rd & 7 at LAC 14
(3:42 - 1st) (Shotgun) R.Fitzpatrick scrambles up the middle to LAC 12 for 2 yards (K.Murray).
4th & 5 at LAC 12
(2:57 - 1st) D.Hopkins 30 yard field goal is GOOD, Center-C.Cheeseman, Holder-T.Way.

2nd & 20 at WSH 47
(8:23 - 4th) (Shotgun) T.Heinicke pass short left to A.Humphries pushed ob at LAC 49 for 4 yards (K.White).

I've seen better in high school with the starting QB knocked out of a game, If you want to make excuses for a professional, I can respect that.
But lets call a spade a spade bro
My point wasn't a personal attack, it goes for all of us. We do not know what the play call was, what options are available etc. That is a nice list you detailed. I don't see one play call on it. Just a result. :noidea:

I am also not defending the coaching staff. It is my yearly bitch at people who make excuses they have no clue about. Not you only ... ALL of us. However ... here is some good play calling tomorrow night ... on both sides of the ball. Oh! Shit! I hope the execution is good too. :nod:

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All eyes should be on Turner. His offense is holding this team back.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All eyes should be on Turner. His offense is holding this team back.
In all fairness to Turner during his time here as OC, he has never had an elite passer who could deliver as Herbert did. Switch them around and put Herbert here... our guys there and the result of that game is reversed.

I've been trying to get everyone here to understand all off-season to present that this team is a QB away knowing that the NFL is a QB driven league. Washington doesn't have the QB that it needs and will struggle against the lineup of QB's that it will face this year, just as they did against Herbert.

Heineken MIGHT be OK from time to time, but make no mistake, he doesn't have the elite skills necessary to keep our offense on the field and our defense off of it. So I'll ask again, do we want elite level certainty at QB or one that's being compared to the few one hit wonders recently posted here, that have been on teams that have made it to SB's?

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In all fairness to Turner during his time here as OC, he has never had an elite passer who could deliver as Herbert did. Switch them around and put Herbert here... our guys there and the result of that game is reversed.

I've been trying to get everyone here to understand all off-season to present that this team is a QB away knowing that the NFL is a QB driven league. Washington doesn't have the QB that it needs and will struggle against the lineup of QB's that it will face this year, just as they did against Herbert.

Heineken MIGHT be OK from time to time, but make no mistake, he doesn't have the elite skills necessary to keep our offense on the field and our defense off of it. So I'll ask again, do we want elite level certainty at QB or one that's being compared to the few one hit wonders recently posted here, that have been on teams that have made it to SB's?
Let’s add this into as well , he has had 9 qb changes in 18 games

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is spot on dad, the QB situation is a huge mess. It has been since Cousin's left. To be honest it has been a mess since before Cousin's. Mark Rypien was the last Washington QB that started the majority of games for 5 straight years.

The team has tried to address this five times in the last 30 years; Shuler, Ramsey, Campbell, Griffin and Haskins. Injuries and failed draft picks have been the story.

Skin'EmAll

Celebrity Troublemaker
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My point wasn't a personal attack, it goes for all of us. We do not know what the play call was, what options are available etc. That is a nice list you detailed. I don't see one play call on it. Just a result. :noidea:

I am also not defending the coaching staff. It is my yearly bitch at people who make excuses they have no clue about. Not you only ... ALL of us. However ... here is some good play calling tomorrow night ... on both sides of the ball. Oh! Shit! I hope the execution is good too. :nod:

You can tell by personnel, no audible and the result....what the basic concept of each play was. I'm not following you.
It was clearly a run or a pass, that was the play call, do i know the verbage, protections, or audibles, no....
But if you keep getting falling short in singleback gut or empty 5wr outs ,please please adjust

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can tell by personnel, no audible and the result....what the basic concept of each play was. I'm not following you.
It was clearly a run or a pass, that was the play call, do i know the verbage, protections, or audibles, no....
But if you keep getting falling short in singleback gut or empty 5wr outs ,please please adjust
No argument there. I think you are going to see a lot of the same though. I do not think they want to see Heinicke throw 40 times. They ran the ball really well, passing ... not so much. Four attempts to McLaurin the entire game. I think a little more McKissick too. Gibson was not too good out of the backfield.

Skin'EmAll

Celebrity Troublemaker
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't see the game but heard it was good