• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Unsportsmanlike Conduct

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure Jerry Rice never ran a good route or made a good catch Right? Come on man. Brady has Danny Amanola which is kind of ironic because he was Bradford's best receiver while he was in St. Louis too.

What kind of day do you think big Ben would have if you put him back in the 80s? Cam Newton? Lol

You really live in another world!!! It doesn't matter how good your pattern is if the QB doesn't get the ball there, duh!!!

How would Cam and Ben do? They'd likely be hurt ALL the time from the hits they'd be taking back then...Look how Cam complains if he's breathed on? He would be getting SMASHED by defenders and he would've had to take it...

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You really live in another world!!! It doesn't matter how good your pattern is if the QB doesn't get the ball there, duh!!!

How would Cam and Ben do? They'd likely be hurt ALL the time from the hits they'd be taking back then...Look how Cam complains if he's breathed on? He would be getting SMASHED by defenders and he would've had to take it...

Umm he's complaining because that's the rules. Do you have any idea how big he is? There would be some players hurt but it wouldn't be him. Can you imagine the look on the defense if they had someone like Cam, Big Ben coming out of the huddle as the quarterback in the 70's - 80's? Lot of early retirements lol. Do you understand they had to change the rules because the players are so much bigger faster stronger they would be killing each other.

Do you think Joe Montana ever went up against someone like Aaron Donald or Kahlil Mack, Von Miller? Evolution.

Last edited:

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Umm he's complaining because that's the rules. Do you have any idea how big he is? There would be some players hurt but it wouldn't be him. Can you imagine the look on the defense if they had someone like Cam, Big Ben coming out of the huddle as the quarterback in the 70's - 80's? Lot of early retirements lol. Do you understand they had to change the rules because the players are so much bigger faster stronger they would be killing each other.

Not sure how many times I can tell you this...Cam and Ben would'be been killed back then since you could hit the QB however the hell you wanted...If you didn't come back in after a concussion, even the announcers would call a guy out as a wimp...

They changed the rules because of the impact of injuries and concussions...Not because the players were getting so much bigger and faster, but because the NFL finally admitted concussions were a real thing and were hurting guys later in their lives... At that point, they had to do something about it...

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1985, the Bears are kicking ass as a team...First half of one of the games Jim McMahon goes down with one of many concussions...Pat Summerall and John Madden are calling the game....About 10 minutes after he goes down, they're talking about how they can't believe he's not back in there after "only getting his bell rung"...That's how football was back then...

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1985, the Bears are kicking ass as a team...First half of one of the games Jim McMahon goes down with one of many concussions...Pat Summerall and John Madden are calling the game....About 10 minutes after he goes down, they're talking about how they can't believe he's not back in there after "only getting his bell rung"...That's how football was back then...

Who cares. They didn't know what a concussion was back then. It doesn't make them tough it makes them ignorant. We use to not wear seat belts too. but its the law now because they save lives. Are we wimps for wearing seat belts? If Cam played back then he wouldn't have known what a concussion was either and destroyed those guys. If they could catch him that is. I don't think many people would agree with you that players are not faster, bigger, faster now. They are.

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who cares. They didn't know what a concussion was back then. It doesn't make them tough it makes them ignorant. We use to not wear seat belts too. but its the law now because they save lives. Are we wimps for wearing seat belts? If Cam played back then he wouldn't have known what a concussion was either and destroyed those guys. If they could catch him that is.

Once again, you are 100% clueless!!! If I have you a couple bucks, do you think you could buy a clue? It's really your only chance....

They knew what concussions were, you think a concussion is a new thing???? WOW, JUST WOW!!!

Cam would get the crap beat out of him, probably end his career... and your lover would be out of the league by now from those hits as well...

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Once again, you are 100% clueless!!! If I have you a couple bucks, do you think you could buy a clue? It's really your only chance....

They knew what concussions were, you think a concussion is a new thing???? WOW, JUST WOW!!!

Cam would get the crap beat out of him, probably end his career... and your lover would be out of the league by now from those hits as well...

They didn't understand what a concussion was back then. like you said it was called getting your bell rung. sit out a play and get back in. but they had no idea the long term effects or what was happening. no one called it a concussion back then.

So you think they hit harder back then? How is that when they wee smaller, slower weaker?

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One hard shot to the knees or head and Cam is gone, back then it was legal...So tell me again how the league is so much tougher now???

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They didn't understand what a concussion was back then. like you said it was called getting your bell rung. sit out a play and get back in. but they had no idea the long term effects. and no one called it a concession back then.

So you think they hit harder back then? How is that when they wee smaller, slower weaker?

The get more clueless by the minute...They called it a concussion...The announcers and coaches would call it getting their "bell rung" to downplay the severity and put the player back in without them having to worry about it...

Lawrence Taylor(for example)was smaller, slower and weaker? That's a new one...Go ask Joe Theismann how small slow or weak LT was while breaking his leg in half, ok???

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The get more clueless by the minute...They called it a concussion...The announcers and coaches would call it getting their "bell rung" to downplay the severity and put the player back in without them having to worry about it...

Lawrence Taylor(for example)was smaller, slower and weaker? That's a new one...Go ask Joe Theismann how small slow or weak LT was while breaking his leg in half, ok???

Taylor was 2 inches shorter then Cam and weighed less. He was also coked up out of his mind. Yes he was a freak back then today he is just another player on D. They are all that fast today.

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Taylor was 2 inches shorter then Cam and weighed less. He was also coked up out of his mind. Yes he was a freak back then today he is just another player on D. They are all that fast today.

LT would be just another player???? Ok, i'm officially done with you and your utter stupidity....You aren't smart enough to get it and never will

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The skill of today's players are CRAP compared to the skills those guys had, that's a fact....Doesn't matter how big fast or strong you are if your skills suck (like Greg Robinson)

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And BTW, by Stupidity I mean "showing lack of good sense and judgement"... I think it applies here with someone so much on Bradfords jock...

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One hard shot to the knees or head and Cam is gone, back then it was legal...So tell me again how the league is so much tougher now???

One hard shot to someone as big as Cam or Ben would be marginalized compared to one big shot on someone like Montana; they're built to take the impact better. The hits weren't flagged as often, but neither was holding.

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One hard shot to someone as big as Cam or Ben would be marginalized compared to one big shot on someone like Montana; they're built to take the impact better. The hits weren't flagged as often, but neither was holding.

Back then you could go after a guys knees or head...I don't care how big you are, one hard shot to the knees will drop anyone!!!

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ha! I like that!! But I would say Bradfords more like a Corvette and goff's more like a Honda Civic. :pound: Good gas mileage riding the bench...

You are right Coug, Bradford is a Vette, made of fiberglass, minor accident means major repairs, hondas are a very good car, very reliable, which Bradford is not!

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Defenses are figuring Siemian out. His completion % is around 50% and he's been very lucky throwing long prayers up. It won't work in the playoffs. Lynch isn't ready yet.

Kind of like defenses have figured out they can give up the dink and dunk to Sammy and win!

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh but when he was on the team and all you guys wanted him off the team because he "suked" so bad I always said who else are you going to get? He may not be the best but who else are you going to get that's better. Now you're finding out he's not so easy to replace... so suck it up!!

And if the Rams wouldn't have traded him they wouldn't of got that second round pick to move up in the draft to get Goff.

You also seem to forget that Sammy and his injuries, ridiculous contract, and below average to average play has set this franchise back years. Instead of sticking with him we should have moved on years ago!

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not knocking him he was the best of his era. But he's not even close to Brady or probably 10 other QB's playing right now. That's nothing to be ashamed about it's called evolution of the game. 25 years from now they will be someone way better than Brady.

Really there are at least 11 QBs playing right now better than Montana, he's a HOFamer, multiple Super Bowl winner and MVP, Coug, I would call you a Marooon, but I'm not going to, it may get me banned!

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are a MOD, this is NOT the thread where this crap is supposed to go. This guys BS is so transparent and it is NOT really about Goff...

To be fair LTR, this thread was pretty much made just for Coug, people were tired of him monopolizing every other thread with his Sammy BS. So it's one of those things, if you don't want yo put up with his BS steer clear of this thread.
I get tired of it to, but come in here because I can't believe he's even worse than before. So I feel the need to counter his BS, with somewhat relevant BS:)