• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Uh oh Ebron

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ebron is going to make all his haters eat crow!

Just like no LB or Safety would be able to single cover Ebron and teams would have to pick their poison between him and Calvin.

Wait for Ebron to be more than a 3rd or 4th option on offense before predicting people would 'eat crow'.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ebron has to go over 1000 and 10 TD's minimum this year to justify being drafted in the top 10 last year. Another year like last year, and you can start calling him a bust.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ebron has to go over 1000 and 10 TD's minimum this year to justify being drafted in the top 10 last year. Another year like last year, and you can start calling him a bust.

I'd just be happy to see him get any type of separation on his routes and actually catch a ball on a vertical route, which is what he was supposedly brought in to do.

As far as 1000 and 10+ from him. It isn't happening any time soon, so no reason to even bring it up. He will be a very distant 3rd option and that is only if he shows any type of progression this offseason.

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just like no LB or Safety would be able to single cover Ebron and teams would have to pick their poison between him and Calvin.

Wait for Ebron to be more than a 3rd or 4th option on offense before predicting people would 'eat crow'.

(Mock)
"Hey Lionstop1, don't be predicting anything because I told everyone last year Aaron Donald would be great and that the Lions defense would suck. I also said that Ebron would drop some passes and have a very uncommon rookie year for a TE."

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd just be happy to see him get any type of separation on his routes and actually catch a ball on a vertical route, which is what he was supposedly brought in to do.

As far as 1000 and 10+ from him. It isn't happening any time soon, so no reason to even bring it up. He will be a very distant 3rd option and that is only if he shows any type of progression this offseason.

So if Slay had a terrible rookie year and bounced back the next, why is it that Ebron cant? Or are you simply a hater that cant get over not taking Donald?

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Suh has to not only perform better than J.J Watt, but he has to lead Miami to the promise land and win every game by a wiiiiiiiiide margin to live up to that contract. Whew!

Lol

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Suh has to not only perform better than J.J Watt, but he has to lead Miami to the promise land and win every game by a wiiiiiiiiide margin to live up to that contract. Whew!

Lol

No, I thought if he leads all DTs in certain categories the money is justified?

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So if Slay had a terrible rookie year and bounced back the next, why is it that Ebron cant? Or are you simply a hater that cant get over not taking Donald?

What is being a hater about saying there is no chance he comes close to 1000 and 10+ next year? Anyone who thinks he will put up those stats are kidding themselves -- I will give you my reasoning and it has nothing to do with "being a hater".

1. Calvin Johnson
2. Golden Tate
3. Exactly one TE had 1000 yards receiving last year (Gronkowski)
4. Exactly one TE had 1000 yards and 10+ tds last year (Gronkowski)
5. Only 4 TE's had 10 or more TD's -- their QB's were Peyton Manning, Tom Brady, Drew Brees and Philip Rivers
6. Detroit #3 target last year had 56 targets
7. Detroit is talking about running the ball more and not throwing 700+ times a year

I already said -- I think Ebron could be good on another team, but unless Tate and CJ leave -- he will always be #3 on the totem pole and you don't spend a top 10 pick for #3 unless you are Matt Millen.

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're clearly trying to make him look as bad as you can, every chance you get while ignoring reality. You dont have to like the pick but its clearly more than that with you

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're clearly trying to make Stafford look as good as you can, every chance you get while ignoring reality.

Yao I just can't pass up the chance. As I could see someone saying this to you. Hell, maybe I have in past debates.

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nah, I dont even mention Stafford until the usual guys bring him up. What have I said that is beyond reality? All of my statements about him refer to him being a good QB, not great. Im sure I like him better than most but thats just me, I guess. The reality on this is that fans have unrealistic expectations and try to pin everything on him.

Haters tend to constantly pick at anything and thats definitely the case with Ebron and Stafford.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nah, I dont even mention Stafford until the usual guys bring him up. What have I said that is beyond reality? All of my statements about him refer to him being a good QB, not great. Im sure I like him better than most but thats just me, I guess. The reality on this is that fans have unrealistic expectations and try to pin everything on him.

Haters tend to constantly pick at anything and thats definitely the case with Ebron and Stafford.

Ebron admitted that he sucks. Guess he's a hater.

Rookie Watch: Biggest disappointments - NFL.com

Eric Ebron, TE, Detroit Lions, No. 10: Ebron acknowledged in July that the challenge of learning multiple roles was "killing me." By August, he was telling reporters that he'd already hit his rookie wall. After a silent September, the tight end admitted to feeling "zombified" with the neck-up process of learning an NFL offense. He's good for a quote, but the Lions need Ebron to do more. With just 10 catches for 103 yards and a score, he's averaging 33 snaps per game, a figure we expect to increase as the season goes on.

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So is struggling with the playbook for a rookie unheard of? I guess since he was picked 210th, he should magically know the playbook, even before some of the veterans learn the damn thing. I still think most fans set their expectations way too high and all they do is say whatever the media says to do.

Its true Ebron disappointed in some areas but the entire offense did. They didn't even have an identity yet fans wanted Ebron to have 100 catches and 10 tds? It should be pretty obvious that Ebron's numbers will increase this year.

Dr. Evil-er

Mayhew for President 2016
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So is struggling with the playbook for a rookie unheard of?
We certainly hear that as a convenient excuse that teams and players use to describe the disappointing performance of a player. But is that a legitimate excuse? I don't think that it is at all.

He just became a multi-millionaire and his only responsibility is to play football, and that means knowing the playbook. There can be no acceptable excuse for that. He isn't being ask to pass the bar exam, the CFP, or his medical boards, he needs to learn a lousy playbook.

If he can't do that by the conclusion of training camp then he must be a complete and total idiot. He wears my teams jersey so I hope he is a Pro Bowl TE but until that happens on the field he looks every bit the part of a stupid kid with bad hands who should never ever have been a top 10 pick.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If anyone ever needed a good PR team, it's this regime.

Caldwell: Lions still like Ebron over Donald, Beckham

Christ. These guys just can't admit when they're wrong. No wonder they're biggest supports act exactly the same way. When Donald and OB have great years again and Ebron fails to match their impact (virtually guaranteed) can we finally admit these guys are terrible at the draft?

The fact that they even have the audacity to say this after losing Suh, is truly an insult to every fan. Are we really supposed to believe they'd STILL draft Ebron over Donaldson and OB if they could do it all over today?

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone here other than the obvious couple of fans still like Ebron over Donaldson and Odell? Anyone?

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We certainly hear that as a convenient excuse that teams and players use to describe the disappointing performance of a player. But is that a legitimate excuse? I don't think that it is at all.

He just became a multi-millionaire and his only responsibility is to play football, and that means knowing the playbook. There can be no acceptable excuse for that. He isn't being ask to pass the bar exam, the CFP, or his medical boards, he needs to learn a lousy playbook.

If he can't do that by the conclusion of training camp then he must be a complete and total idiot. He wears my teams jersey so I hope he is a Pro Bowl TE but until that happens on the field he looks every bit the part of a stupid kid with bad hands who should never ever have been a top 10 pick.
I agree with this....to a point. Lombardi had to take 20%(I believe) of the playbook away during the season bc he realized it was too complicated for the ENTIRE team. So if a team full of veterans can't grasp his playbook, we are expecting a rookie to?

Again, not saying he shouldn't have learned it better, but being a rookie, there's a lot more they have to learn and deal with that veterans are already accustomed to.

Hopefully Caldwell and Lombardi sit down and can draw up a better and easier to learn playbook this offseason.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hopefully Caldwell and Lombardi sit down and can draw up a better and easier to learn playbook this offseason.

Or draft smarter players and not have to dumb down what's worked in other cities for Mayhew's special children.

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

While I agree that he should know the playbook, I still think fans think everything these guys do are "easy". Not you in particular Dr. Euler, but I would love to see if anyone on these boards played sports and if so, why aren't they in the NFL if everything is so easy? Lol

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If anyone ever needed a good PR team, it's this regime.

Caldwell: Lions still like Ebron over Donald, Beckham

Christ. These guys just can't admit when they're wrong. No wonder they're biggest supports act exactly the same way. When Donald and OB have great years again and Ebron fails to match their impact (virtually guaranteed) can we finally admit these guys are terrible at the draft?

The fact that they even have the audacity to say this after losing Suh, is truly an insult to every fan. Are we really supposed to believe they'd STILL draft Ebron over Donaldson and OB if they could do it all over today?

So are they supposed to come out in the open and say they like those players over the one that is currently on the team? You dont draft a guy and turn around and say you shouldve drafted differently a year later. (Shakes head)