• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Uh Oh: ‘Concussion’ Trailer Released, Looks Like Roger Goodell’s Worst Nightmare

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no, im looking to understand how "air in a football" ruins the "integrity of the game" when, by definition posted, goodells covering up of concussions/CTE isnt an "integrity of the game" issue.

its weird.

air in footballs effects the outcome of a football game
50 year old ex-player being mentally retarded does not affect the outcome of a football game

A parallel example:
Pete Rose betting on baseball effects the outcome of a baseball game
Michael Jordan losing $5 million a year in retirement because he's a horrendous golfer does not effect the outcome of a basketball game

_____
EDIT: I may have screwed up the effect/affect grammar thing there. My bad.

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
50 year old ex-player being mentally retarded does not affect the outcome of a football game

A parallel example:
Michael Jordan losing $5 million a year in retirement because he's a horrendous golfer does not effect the outcome of a basketball game

_____
junior seau was only a few years removed from playing

jovan belcher was on a roster for the chiefs when he killed his girl and himself...at the freakin stadium

there have been a TON of active guys who were effected by CTE

why do you think its only 50 year olds? why wouldnt a concussed player on the field effect the outcome on the game?

hes playing in it.

right @cerealboi ?

Last edited:

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i think i just earned this

tumblr_inline_ntveftgxUr1r8vqw5_500.gif

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
theme of this thread

cerealboi

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,620.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

A parallel example:

_____

Do you think that if Edelman was pulled from the superbowl because he had a concussion, it could have altered the outcome of the game?

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it's all the Patriots fault. I expect nothing less than loss of a first rounder and loss of 2 second rounders and a $5 million dollar fine

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

jovan belcher was on a roster for the chiefs when he killed his girl and himself...at the freakin stadium

why do you think its only 50 year olds? why wouldnt a concussed player on the field effect the outcome on the game?

hes playing in it.

right @cerealboi ?
nothing @Rod Smart ?

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you think that if Edelman was pulled from the superbowl because he had a concussion, it could have altered the outcome of the game?

I think Pete Carroll was the one with brain damage

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so, belcher doesnt count?

Maybe if he'd done this
last-boy-scout-o.gif

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

hes playing in it.

right @cerealboi ?
When Chris Henry died, they found advanced CTE, they were shocked by how advanced it was. I heard more than a few people from around that time state that they thought it was a real possibility that Chris would have never lived to see the end of his playing career with the kind of brain damage he had.

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When Chris Henry died, they found advanced CTE, they were shocked by how advanced it was. I heard more than a few people from around that time state that they thought it was a real possibility that Chris would have never lived to see the end of his playing career with the kind of brain damage he had.
but but but its only guys in their 50's @Rod Smart told me so

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The concussions in the NFL and how they were handled is just as much the players fault as it is the leagues. How many times were players told to sit only to argue their case with the team that they were fine and are ready to play. This whiny BS the ex players is just that, complete bullshit. I can understand the players argument they need better retirement benefits, but to sit there and act as though they had no fucking clue concussions were bad for your health is BULLSHIT, the public knew this, the players knew this, the NFLPA knew this, every body knew.

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The concussions in the NFL and how they were handled is just as much the players fault as it is the leagues. How many times were players told to sit only to argue their case with the team that they were fine and are ready to play. This whiny BS the ex players is just that, complete bullshit. I can understand the players argument they need better retirement benefits, but to sit there and act as though they had no fucking clue concussions were bad for your health is BULLSHIT, the public knew this, the players knew this, the NFLPA knew this, every body knew.
you dont get it

if you dont play, someone else does instead

its their livelihood

make any sense?

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

no, the NFL knew and the players didn't

The players were told that concussions had no bearing on future health, and that a prior history of concussions had no relationship to the likely hood of future concussions.

Up until 2009, the NFL (and the NFL funded studies) said that retired players were retarded for other reasons, and there was no identifiable link between concussions and alzheimers.