• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

UCLA's Jim Mora May Replace Mack Brown as Next Head Coach of Texas, According to ESPN

Wishbone

Robust Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Briles looks like a pencil with the eraser chewed off.

potzer25

The most eubillicant poster.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,909.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All I know is that the pool of currently successful coaches keeps getting smaller and smaller...interesting.

yea...what's the list down to now?

Destroydacre

Throws stuff out windows
Hoopla Cash
$ 90.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How has Texas not filled their HC spot yet? According to ESPN this is the most prestigious spot, the pinnacle of coaching in college football. Coaches were supposed to be submitting their resignations and lining up just for the chance to be named the head coach of the Longhorns.

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed. I live in OC and I wouldn't live anywhere but SoCal except DC, New Orleans or Austin. Austin is a great city.

Austin is definitely unlike any place in Texas. I like a lot of places in Texas, but Austin is a cool place.

When people who don't know anything about Texas other than Dallas or DFW airport, or Houston, they just could not imagine the kind of place Austin is. So people who say 'hell no wouldn't go to Texas' usually have not been in Austin.

That being said, I think Mora is a good young coach, and Texas would be fortunate to get a young coach with a future, I just don't think he is a fit. He's at home in LA, cant see him leaving home.

occupant

Resident Inhabitant and nerve striker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,345.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So...what's it gonna be fellers?

Strong, or Franklin?

If there is no word after tomorrow evening, I have a feeling I know who it will be.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Briles is their obvious #1 choice, but don't think he's leaving Baylor.

Think it will now come down to Vandy's Franklin or Louisville's Strong.

Mora would bring much needed toughness to UT, but he's a total outsider to the region and known for screaming F bombs all day long at practices and on the sidelines. That kind of personality won't fly well at UT.

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everybody just needs to hold up, wait and see what happens.

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thnk people cooled on Briles a little after seeing that defense and all the penalties the other night. I don't think it's smart to judge a coach on one, his last, game, whether it goes well or not.

I do know, after watching Briles' teams for a number of years, including his high school teams, defense always appears to be somewhat of an afterthought. Not sure if that's fair, but it is an observation. I'd still be thrilled to have him, as long as he doesn't bring his DC from Baylor with him.

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A lot of coaches are getting big raises: Saban, Sumlin, Mora, Briles, Fisher, surely Franklin and Strong, and probably more I'm not thinking of right now. It's a good time to be a coach that's doing well.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Briles definitely was NOT the top choice. I love how people make assumptions and start rumors on something they know absolutely nothing about.

Coaches getting raises really doesn't mean anything. If you actually believe Briles was the top target, he just signed a TEN YEAR extension. These pay raises mean ABSOLUTELY NOTHING if Texas or any other top school is interested, because they can afford the buyout.

Briles isn't a bad coach, but he's not really what Texas needs. His teams are always undisciplined, play no defense, and NEVER win on the road. He's great at small schools where his gimmicks work.....but his philosophies don't work so well at a major program where you have to be good in all phases of a game.

I'm hearing 'rumors' that Monday is the day they announce. I'm also hearing Louisville is making contingency plans and that it may be Charlie Strong. Guess we'll all find out soon enough.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A lot of coaches are getting big raises: Saban, Sumlin, Mora, Briles, Fisher, surely Franklin and Strong, and probably more I'm not thinking of right now. It's a good time to be a coach that's doing well.

Dantonio

Pariah

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Texas and their money.

Best of friends.

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and I agree with Starbigd, this whole thing is like fool's gold, a new name running on the Espin scroll every day, just stirring the pot with stuff that probably isn't there, or unsubstantiated. I'm guessing that there have been TWO interviews, and what, 8 coaches names listed as 'the possible new coach at Texas'.

Other than two interviews, I don't think anyone other than Patterson knows really what the hell is going on. And I think the reason no one has been hired yet is that there are still some he wants to interview, but cant yet.