• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

UCF or Wiscy

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Neither obviously, but as far as ranking the 2 teams I guess it has to go to Wisconsin based on SoS. UCF didn't play GT and they ended up not even playing a top100 schedule.

On the other hand, I think I'd rather play Wisconsin if I had to pick between them.

But let's get a good tally on how many people think the season is 1 game.

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know about half, outside the top 4 or so, both leagues have looked pretty pedestrian this year.

Look at their schedules. Even Michigan would have won 10 games with Wisconsin's schedule. UCF's is worse.

BigAppleBadger

On Wisconsin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last I checked though, the criteria for being National Champs wasn't beating 3 loss teams in some secondary bowl. At least not since 1984.
And yet Alabama hasn't beaten a P5 team with less than 3 losses. They've just been given (not earned) a game against Clemson, and if they can play as well as Syracuse then Bama fans will claim they've proven something.

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, y'all looked just like Clemson beating Miami...LOL.

The best diss you got for us is that we "only" won by 10 on the home field field of Clemson's best win? Really? That's your trump card in an argument where the team you are backing lost to Syracuse?

The bottom line is our only loss was a six point loss against a team that's a hell of a lot better than any team they played. Nothing about our performance suggests we wouldn't have won out against their schedule. I'm tired of people acting like it's some huge accomplishment for Clemson to beat a bunch of 7-5 and 8-4 teams when we never lose to teams with fewer than ten wins.

Consistently beating shitty teams should matter too. UCF won all 13 games this year and they deserve all the credit in the world for it.

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And yet Alabama hasn't beaten a P5 team with less than 3 losses. They've just been given (not earned) a game against Clemson, and if they can play as well as Syracuse then Bama fans will claim they've proven something.

Neither has Wisconsin or UCF, what's your point?

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The best diss you got for us is that we "only" won by 10 on the home field field of Clemson's best win? Really? That's your trump card in an argument where the team you are backing lost to Syracuse?

The bottom line is our only loss was a six point loss against a team that's a hell of a lot better than any team they played. Nothing about our performance suggests we wouldn't have won out against their schedule. I'm tired of people acting like it's some huge accomplishment for Clemson to beat a bunch of 7-5 and 8-4 teams when we never lose to teams with fewer than ten wins.

Consistently beating shitty teams should matter too. UCF won all 13 games this year and they deserve all the credit in the world for it.

If consistently beating shitty teams got you in the playoffs, Wisconsin would be playing Clemson.

Airraidtech

DAT DON'T MAKE NO SENSE!
Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
8 team playoff bros 8 team playoff. You could of put whisky in, ucf in, penn state in could of gotten real muthafucking interesting. Probably sell some more kegs at local business across the nation. Idk man, capitalism bro. 8 teams.

dennis580

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Hands down UFC. It does make me uncomfortable that undefeated team does not have a chance.

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its time to expand point blank imo .5 P5 conference champions.And undefeated UCF that just showed they belong,Bama and Wisconsin.Are very justifiable at large bids.This is why 4 is obviously not enough

I'm fine with four, and I really don't have any qualms with the teams they chose this year. The thing that pisses me off is that the accepted criteria seems to be "who can beat the most okay teams" rather than "who played the best" or "who would have had the best record if everyone played the same schedule"?

I think one can make a solid case that Alabama/Clemson belong over UCF/Wisconsin/Ohio State. I just don't see very many people arguing the solid case.

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look at their schedules. Even Michigan would have won 10 games with Wisconsin's schedule. UCF's is worse.

This is the shit I'm talking about. What matters isn't: "Would Michigan have won more games with Wisconsin's schedule than with Clemson's?"

What matters is: (1.) Would Clemson have won as many games with Wisconsin's schedule as Wisconsin; (2.) Would Wisconsin have won as any games with Clemson's schedule as Clemson?

You are making gibberish arguments that have nothing to do with who the better team is. There is a solid case about Clemson over Wisconsin (hell, I had Clemson at 3 and Wisconsin at 7 in my final poll), but you definitely aren't making it.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm fine with four, and I really don't have any qualms with the teams they chose this year. The thing that pisses me off is that the accepted criteria seems to be "who can beat the most okay teams" rather than "who played the best" or "who would have had the best record if everyone played the same schedule"?

I think one can make a solid case that Alabama/Clemson belong over UCF/Wisconsin/Ohio State. I just don't see very many people arguing the solid case.
When we have two conference champions not in the play offs.Add an undefeated UCF that just beat the same Auburn team.That beat both Georgia the SEC champions.And Alabama who has no conference championship and a loss.Pretty hard to claim one true champion.I'm going to have to disagree 4 teams determined by a committee with no criteria just isn't cutting it.6-8 play off teams.5 P% conference champions and 1-3 at large.If they want to reduce the error and crown a true champion.Or they can give UCF an AP national championship....

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is the shit I'm talking about. What matters isn't: "Would Michigan have won more games with Wisconsin's schedule than with Clemson's?"

What matters is: (1.) Would Clemson have won as many games with Wisconsin's schedule as Wisconsin; (2.) Would Wisconsin have won as any games with Clemson's schedule as Clemson?

You are making gibberish arguments that have nothing to do with who the better team is. There is a solid case about Clemson over Wisconsin (hell, I had Clemson at 3 and Wisconsin at 7 in my final poll), but you definitely aren't making it.

I never made any argument about Clemson over Wisconsin. I'm not sure where you got that, although I agree that there is a rock solid case for it IMO. You jumped into the middle of an discussion. Why don't you read the whole thing before you comment.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Michigan does not beat the Auburn team.That beat both Georgia and Alabama this year.Sorry but undefeated conference champions.With a huge win over Auburn.UCF has a massive case to claim a natty.Or co national championship minimum.Definitely a clear need for CFP expansion now.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I had to pick between Wisconsin and anyone else, I'd pick anyone else...except Miami, I hate Miami.
Wisconsin has won 4 straight bowl games so you don't know shit.

uncfan103

Not Banned
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,333.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
UCF has the best case of deserving to compete for a championship. More so than Alabama, Wisconsin, and Ohio State they should’ve been able to compete.