• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Tyrone Smith's contract

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"As far as the real question. Dez or Smith. if I had to choose only one to stay with the team that choice is an easy one for me. Smith all day long"

PLUS 3
Dez runs 4 patterns and is shut down when doubled while Smith will take his rightful place in a year or two as the games best LT

snookdad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Obv, N.E has a HOF QB, and HOF coach. Seattle has a great young QB, beast mode, and a great defense. Obviously he would have a great chance to win it all if you put him on a top team... Look at Seattle, who are their WRs? Don't say Harvin, he helped win what, 1 game?

Thats the point you don't have to have Elite LT play alone to win in this league so how can you say that a LT always has more value than a wr. As for as your question goes that team is built around a defense that likely amounts to a top 10 defense of all times. You pretty much answer the question in your statement. Your basically saying put that elite wr with an elite qb and he will likely win. Again Seattle didn't win with an Elite wr or an Elite LT so what's your point? That's really helping my argument more so than your own.

snookdad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
without a good OL, your WRs are meaningless.

Teams have won superbowls with lesser WRs. They have won with lesser RBs, they have even won with bus drivers for QBs. But the one thing Superbowl winners have in common. They won in the trenches. That is how I want our team built. From the trenches out.
Now if you ask me which is easier to replace. The best WR in football (by far) or a very good LT. Finding a very good LT is easier to find than another Calvin Johnson. So if Age wasn't in question. I would take a CJ over a T.Smith. It is easier to draft a LT than the next Calvin.

As far as the real question. Dez or Smith. if I had to choose only one to stay with the team that choice is an easy one for me. Smith all day long.

That's only half true Some teams win in the trenches on their OL play Some win in the trenches with their DL play. It's rare in todays league that a team dominates the ball on both sides of the trenches.

snookdad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Julio was injured one year correct? I personally would take the receivers I mentioned over Smith, tomorrow isn't promised for anyone, God forbid but Smith could have a career ending injury and this be his last year, so you have to look at these type of conversations on an annual basis. I will not argue that TSmith is a top 3 LT he is, but I like the top 3 WRs over him Calvin, Dez, and AJ.

:agree:

snookdad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's exceptions to every rule, but as I mentioned me personally I'll take the top five WR's over the top 5 LT's and I'd disagree with you on who is more important to Dallas future, but that's just my opinion vs yours time will tell the facts.

:agree:

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is so true....just wish we had a place to write this stuff down.

I think most people would take the top 5 wides to start a team over the top OT's. That wasn't the point. The point was this is not a wide receiver league, and that shouldn't be within the five adds when starting a team

I agree with you when starting a team I wouldn't pick a WR with the top 5 picks but I probably wouldn't pick a LT either. I'd probably go, QB, DL, DL, S, RB to start my team if I'm running a 4-3.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with you when starting a team I wouldn't pick a WR with the top 5 picks but I probably wouldn't pick a LT either. I'd probably go, QB, DL, DL, S, RB to start my team if I'm running a 4-3.

no question the safety position is becoming more important with today's multiple alignments getting certain match-ups. Mine this remains QB,DL,OT,RB, CB

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no question the safety position is becoming more important with today's multiple alignments getting certain match-ups. Mine this remains QB,DL,OT,RB, CB

I just think it doesn't matter how good your CBs are if your pass rush is bad, that's why I'd go 2 DL and S before CB. I think Carr is a good CB but our rush is horrible, can't ask anyone to cover for 5 seconds are longer in this league.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Austin didn't stunt his growth, I'll argue with you and twist til I die on this, Twill stunt TWills growth unless u want to blame Garrett and Romo, Miles only had 49 targets on the season, Cole Beasley had 54, in other words it was far from Miles taking plays away from Twill.

But Don't confuse targets with plays. Miles had waaaaayyyyy too many plays last year for his production. He didn't get the targets because he just has no ability to get open any more. But, he did take a lot of snaps from T Will and Beasley. The team already knew they were cutting him, so I blame them for not sitting his ass down. Maybe the reason was injury, but the reason clearly wasn't going away at the end of the year and even when he did get open he seemed to drop easy passes.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO LT will ALWAYS be a more important position than WR.

Of course, but that isn't the discussion. The discussion is Calvin against T. Smith. Calvin will retire as one of the two greatest WRs to ever play the game and he may just pass Jerry Rice before all is said and done. Smith is pretty good, but it isn't even clear if he is a top 5 LT against his peers. I love Smith and I pay him over every other player on this team because of the position, youth and talent but we are talking CALVIN JOHNSON here...did you see the show he put on against us? Do you see the show he puts on almost every week? The guy is actually often triple teamed and still makes plays like the TD against us the previous time we played him...

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"As far as the real question. Dez or Smith. if I had to choose only one to stay with the team that choice is an easy one for me. Smith all day long"

PLUS 3
Dez runs 4 patterns and is shut down when doubled while Smith will take his rightful place in a year or two as the games best LT

That's the point you are missing completely. If Dez is doubled, he has already done his job, regardless if he is ''shut down''(absurd) or not. He's having a bigger influence on the game than even Smith, unless he's blocking two guys a a time

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's the point you are missing completely. If Dez is doubled, he has already done his job, regardless if he is ''shut down''(absurd) or not. He's having a bigger influence on the game than even Smith, unless he's blocking two guys a a time

I'm not missing jack.
already done his job?.......please!

how many of these other elite wides get shut down when doubled?

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not missing jack.
already done his job?.......please!

how many of these other elite wides get shut down when doubled?

You miss more than jack if you think he gets ''shut down'' by doubles. If anything, Romo should throw the ball to him more often. Dez is a top 5 WR in the NFL. That's not just my opinion, watch any NFL program you like and compare notes with your expert opinion
:L

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I find it funny to say what Johnson did to the worst defense in Cowboys history as a way to prove his value.

he only had 7 100 yard games all season
in 5 games he was also held to 43, 52, 25, 44, and 37

Now for a guy " triple teamed" and still cant be covered..... Somehow he was.......

Now guess how ....... Stafford was on his ass most of those games ... As great as he is he can keep his Qb off his ass

BTW Detroit only won 3 games where Johnson had more than 100 yards receiving last year

http://www.nfl.com/player/calvinjohnson/2495647/gamelogs

Check for yourselves

Last edited by a moderator:

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I find it funny to say what Johnson did to the worst defense in Cowboys history as a way to prove his value.

Now for a guy " triple teamed" and still cant be covered..... Somehow he was.......

Now guess how ....... Stafford was on his ass most of those games ... As great as he is he can keep his Qb off his ass

BTW Detroit only won 3 games where Johnson had more than 100 yards receiving last year

Calvin Johnson: Game Logs at NFL.com

Check for yourselves

Come on man, they won those games because of Larry Warford :laugh3:

snookdad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Check for yourselves

Johnson struggled with injuries the entire season so these numbers kinda do reflect the player he really is imo. Plus he was often tripled teamed.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Check for yourselves

I don't get that comment...The guy was hurt a big portion of the year and still put up 1,500 yards and 12 TDs...and the other receiving options were not good at all.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is unfair. You are going with a top 3 QB, top RB, top TE, and a pretty good OL vs a nobody QB, nobody TE, a KR at WR, and a nobody RB...

All the nobody skill guys are NFL starters, paired with 5 pro bowl OL. As to the top 3 skill guys OL, I'd have to disagree that the Cowboys OL minus TSmith is ''pretty good'', unless by pretty good you mean dogshit

Ekspozed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All the nobody skill guys are NFL starters, paired with 5 pro bowl OL. As to the top 3 skill guys OL, I'd have to disagree that the Cowboys OL minus TSmith is ''pretty good'', unless by pretty good you mean dogshit

We have a young center for the next 7-10 years. Our left guard did pretty well last season for his first season as a starter and will get better. That's a strong left side. RG improved and was not really a weak spot. RT played himself into another year as a starting tackle for the Cowboys. Not too sure how you can call our line dogshit when there are tons worse.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have a young center for the next 7-10 years. Our left guard did pretty well last season for his first season as a starter and will get better. That's a strong left side. RG improved and was not really a weak spot. RT played himself into another year as a starting tackle for the Cowboys. Not too sure how you can call our line dogshit when there are tons worse.

If you subtract TSmith and put in a marginal starter, our line would be hands down the worst in the NFL. TSmith is the best LT in the game IMO. Fredrick is a top 15-16 center. None of the other three guys would be top 20 at their positions.