• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Two Playoff Headaches: Rivers or Cousins/Tyrell or Sanders

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's semi-finals week, and these two decisions are sure to haunt me all the way up until kickoff.

I originally had been banking on starting Rivers and Tyrell in my final four and title matches. With the match ups vs OAK and CLE. Now, Rivers is playing like shit, and Tyrell's production has dipped a bit the last two games as a result. Meanwhile, minus the Paxton Lynch start... Sanders has bursted onto the scene with two huge games (0.5 PPR scoring).

How does Melvin Gordon's injury factor in here? Last year, didn't Rivers throw like a mad man (40-50+ times per game) when everyone was hurt and they had no run game?

Cousins floor seems pretty high and has a solid matchup at home on Monday Night vs Carolina. I am leaning Cousins, and also still kind of leaning towards Tyrell. I feel like SD is going to have to throw A LOT to keep up with Oakland. I think Tyrell could have a nice day... but Rivers and his turnovers is super worrisome to me right now. I could totally see a game where he throws 3 TD's... but also turns it over 4 times. Cousins just seems safe.

I also hate benching Sanders right now, but I'm not so nuts about the NE matchup. I have DeMarco, L. Miller and Rawls in at my 2 RB's and flex. Would you play Sanders over any of them? You'll be hard pressed to talk me out of Rawls vs LA or obviously DeMarco. Sitting Miller vs JAX is possible... but still a tough sell to me.

Beaker

Dragon's Bane
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Start Cousins. Rivers is playing poorly. I am pretty sure he has some sort of injury we will all hear about the offseason.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Start Cousins. Rivers is playing poorly. I am pretty sure he has some sort of injury we will all hear about the offseason.

What's your thoughts on Tyrell vs OAK or E. Sanders vs NE?

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cousins and Sanders.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cousins and Sanders for me as well.

I think the floor is much better, and ceilings are identical.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, go with Sanders. Williams has been my best WR, but he's only had 4 catches the last two games. Onto the consolation bracket for me.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cousins and Sanders for me as well.

I think the floor is much better, and ceilings are identical.

Would you bench Lamar Miller in my flex and play both Sanders and Tyrell?

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think I run with Cousins and Sanders as well. And I wouldn't sit Lamar for Tyrell, but I am stubborn like that.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think I run with Cousins and Sanders as well. And I wouldn't sit Lamar for Tyrell, but I am stubborn like that.

Agreed. Lamar will continue to get a lot of touches, while Tyrell might continue to have low catch totals. Anyone know whether the Chargers are only having him run deep routes?

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would you bench Lamar Miller in my flex and play both Sanders and Tyrell?

nope, I'd have to use Lamar in another plus matchup after he took care of business vs the colts last week.

Agreed. Lamar will continue to get a lot of touches, while Tyrell might continue to have low catch totals. Anyone know whether the Chargers are only having him run deep routes?

Not sure it has a whole lot to do with the routes, as it does with the distribution.
When TBen was healthy and starting, they would go back and forth on good games, seems to be the same with Inman now.
I grabbed Inman when the labrum injury popped up, but tough to decide between the two now.

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cousins for sure IMO. Dude is hot and you should just ride him. I feel like Williams will torch the Raiders again and Rivers will have a good day, but just can't see sitting Cousins at home.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
nope, I'd have to use Lamar in another plus matchup after he took care of business vs the colts last week.

Not sure it has a whole lot to do with the routes, as it does with the distribution.
When TBen was healthy and starting, they would go back and forth on good games, seems to be the same with Inman now.
I grabbed Inman when the labrum injury popped up, but tough to decide between the two now.

Yeah, but there was a period of 4 games or so, where prior to the labrum injury. Tyrell was basically the #1 guy and head/shoulders above the rest with targets/receptions. Now the last two games, he has more or less fallen back to the pack.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, but there was a period of 4 games or so, where prior to the labrum injury. Tyrell was basically the #1 guy and head/shoulders above the rest with targets/receptions. Now the last two games, he has more or less fallen back to the pack.

Rivers play hasn't helped much lately, that's for sure.