• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Two failures continue to haunt this team

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They aren't trying to create a drop back offense. This is still a run-first team.

I do agree that the play-calling forgets this.

Some has to go on RG3 as well. He has to notice a blitz, where ever it is coming from. If it's coming up the middle, he should know the middle will be open. If it's coming off the edges, he has to see the hot route. He should also be able to see it coming and outrun it...because he is RG3.

I agree about RG3, but that is a learned skill that will not happen over night. It will take a few years for him to become proficient at this. He will get there, if he is still upright.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree about RG3, but that is a learned skill that will not happen over night. It will take a few years for him to become proficient at this. He will get there, if he is still upright.

i have no worries about the current or future health of RG3 and this o/line

stop being so melodramatic

Rg3 takes shots just like every other qb in the NFL . williams had a great 2nd half . the interior does have issues anchoring up the middle , but they do other thing very well . the opened huge holes for morris and have all year long

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry, Dad. I know it hurts your eyes to read anything that can even be construed as being critical to any thing associated with the Redskins. My bad.

Last edited by a moderator:

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They aren't trying to create a drop back offense. This is still a run-first team.

I do agree that the play-calling forgets this.

Some has to go on RG3 as well. He has to notice a blitz, where ever it is coming from. If it's coming up the middle, he should know the middle will be open. If it's coming off the edges, he has to see the hot route. He should also be able to see it coming and outrun it...because he is RG3.

Agree. They have to upgrade the talent somewhat on offense (O-line & perhaps another WR). However - a large part of this will be developing RG3 into a more complete QB. He has obvious holes in his game (as we should expect - QBs take years to develop).

He needs to spend the offseason working with someone on his weaknesses - poor field vision, lack of pocket presence, time mgmt, sliding, etc. Until recently I would have thought that was Kyle Shanahan, but I am having my doubts about him - he does not appear to be the savior that many of us believed that he was last season. Oh well - hopefully they make the right moves in this area. I only care about the team & would be fine if they kept or got rid of either of the Shanahans. I am just frustrated by always having to "wait until next season".

HTTR

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree. They have to upgrade the talent somewhat on offense (O-line & perhaps another WR). However - a large part of this will be developing RG3 into a more complete QB. He has obvious holes in his game (as we should expect - QBs take years to develop).

He needs to spend the offseason working with someone on his weaknesses - poor field vision, lack of pocket presence, time mgmt, sliding, etc. Until recently I would have thought that was Kyle Shanahan, but I am having my doubts about him - he does not appear to be the savior that many of us believed that he was last season. Oh well - hopefully they make the right moves in this area. I only care about the team & would be fine if they kept or got rid of either of the Shanahans. I am just frustrated by always having to "wait until next season".

HTTR

As always, great post from you. I am beyond tired of the 'next year' mantra as well! Ah well, skins til the end.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I often get confused reading this forum. One person will state that the defense is terrible, but another will state that it is the fault of the offense & ST providing bad field position & not controlling the clock.

Let's be real. Until they turn it around this team is terrible & in all facets for the majority of the season. They beat a bad Raiders team, a beat up Bears team & a Chargers team that pretty much handed them the game on their last drive. That is not very impressive. They have also surrendered double digit leads in each of their last three games.

The source of the problems changes from game to game & even during the course of the game. During the offseason they have to explore all options to improve this team - including possibly coaching. Starting over with new systems, etc is not such a big deal when you are not that good to begin with - barring a miracle it is time for this team to make an honest evaluation of every area of the team.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As always, great post from you. I am beyond tired of the 'next year' mantra as well! Ah well, skins til the end.

Amen to that. I particularly get tired of some rival fans who state things like "Last season was just a fluke". How can you respond to that?

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lmao. I officially dub this our Jekyll and Hyde year so far. Never know who is showing up, in any phase of the game. Couldn't agree with you more, SoCal.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Amen to that. I particularly get tired of some rival fans who state things like "Last season was just a fluke". How can you respond to that?

You can't. It is truly cringe worthy.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry, Dad. I know it hurts your eyes to read anything that can even be construed as being critical to any thing associated with the Redskins. My bad.

oh stop being foolish there isnt anyone getting killed because the center of the line isnt very good at anchoring

i have given you plenty of evidence that proves our interior o/line isnt as bad as its made out to be and if that causes issues then so be it but i am not going to "run with the crowd " because its easier to do so .

the priority has to be the defense . they have cost us virtually from the get go . our offense has been 5th overall for the past 2 seasons while our defense is in the 30's

it doesnt take a rocket scientist to realize that maybe the interior of the o/line (while needing help ) isnt our biggest issue . they protect well enough for now as the stats have shown . cutting loose monty chester and stieger will cost 5.3 mil in dead cap space . i dont see the team trashing it when the ranked near the top in rushing offense , and sacks allowed while the defense is ranked near the bottom in every category and on pace to giving up 510 points

so if you feel that winning a debate requires you to say what "hurts my eyes " and that makes my point invalid then so be it

but its melodramatic for anyone to believe that RG3 cant take the shots other qbs do .

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
oh stop being foolish there isnt anyone getting killed because the center of the line isnt very good at anchoring

i have given you plenty of evidence that proves our interior o/line isnt as bad as its made out to be and if that causes issues then so be it but i am not going to "run with the crowd " because its easier to do so .

the priority has to be the defense . they have cost us virtually from the get go . our offense has been 5th overall for the past 2 seasons while our defense is in the 30's

it doesnt take a rocket scientist to realize that maybe the interior of the o/line (while needing help ) isnt our biggest issue . they protect well enough for now as the stats have shown . cutting loose monty chester and stieger will cost 5.3 mil in dead cap space . i dont see the team trashing it when the ranked near the top in rushing offense , and sacks allowed while the defense is ranked near the bottom in every category and on pace to giving up 510 points

so if you feel that winning a debate requires you to say what "hurts my eyes " and that makes my point invalid then so be it

but its melodramatic for anyone to believe that RG3 cant take the shots other qbs do .

Well, that sure is interesting dad. You just started another post that suggested we should sit Chester for Gettis. Isn't Chester an interior offensive lineman? I guess I'm confused. I suggest that upgrading a position or 2 on our OL needs to be done next year (oh by the way, if you read my responses earlier, I agreed with you that the D is the first priority, but not the only priority) and you call me melodramatic and yet you suggest the same thing in a new post. If I'm being melodramatic, so be it. But I'm not being hypocritical.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, that sure is interesting dad. You just started another post that suggested we should sit Chester for Gettis. Isn't Chester an interior offensive lineman? I guess I'm confused. I suggest that upgrading a position or 2 on our OL needs to be done next year (oh by the way, if you read my responses earlier, I agreed with you that the D is the first priority, but not the only priority) and you call me melodramatic and yet you suggest the same thing in a new post. If I'm being melodramatic, so be it. But I'm not being hypocritical.
yeah saying "time to THINK about starting gettis " is the kind of ringing endorsement anyone would live for

i called you melodramatic because you say RG3 wont last , he will get killed , if we dont blow up the interior of our line because they are the reason for his demise despite that they put up good numbers . those word wreak of melodrama

it sure seems to me that you and some others believe the o/line is the priority by what you say and how its said

if you want to call me a hypocrite for my gettis comment then call away i saw the stats on chester and threw it out there .

i did a thread on our options for the holes we have percieved or not , so am i a hypocrite for saying a mack , a dele puentes , a beadles etc are guys to try for ?

i will say it again , the o/line isnt as bad as it is made out to be . they stats i have shown make my point

right after i make this post I will make another thread and it will mention young o/lineman like gettis and compton need to make strides . why ? because right now we arent out of it but when and if the time comes we will need to find out about some of the younger guys and if they are an upgrade

maybe i will call it the hypocrite thread :laugh3:

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dad, i don't get it. Do me one favor. Read through all of my posts on this thread. Then point to me where I said we have to blow up the OL or that RG3 would get killed. I did say that our interior OL is weak but we could not/would not be able to replace them all this next year. I suggested that we might be able to replace 2 of them. And I did make a comment that he would get better as a QB if is remains upright. It was a side comment.

I really have no idea what stick is up your ass with me. I can only fathom that it goes back to our disagreement about Rak and at what level we should re sign him. Since then, every time I post something, you go off half cocked about what i have posted. But please, re read my posts and tell me where I sent you off the edge.

Thanks.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think it's just the bulrush that beats us. I think it's stunts and blitz pickup from the middle. To me...it's a communication problem and that falls on the center/QB.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dad, you are right and you are wrong. We have done things to address the OL. We drafted OL and are working them through the process. However, don't b mislead by stats like they are blockers for the 5th ranked offense or that we are one of the better team in not giving up sacks. Those stats are illusions. If we didn't have RG3 as our QB and Morris as our RB, those numbers would be much worse. RG3 avoids many sacks that other QBs would take. And Morris is just a beast that has turned many broken running plays into gains, sometimes but gains. SO those 2 guys have overcome some of the inherent weaknesses of our OL.

We will not be replacing 4 OL this off season. We might be replacing 2, however. As hard as its is to believe, Plumbus is actually having an OK year and is by no means our weak link on our OL anymore. Our weak link is right up the middle. Montgomery, chester, Lichtensteiger. 2 of these must be replaced this year of RG3 will not make it our of his rookie contract.
2 of 3 must be replaced . that isnt blowing it up ?

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

you question here if he will "still be upright " i said killed the difference is ?

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

this was the 1st comment that didnt present a fact or anything . it was the old i cant take negative on the skins so my opinion is not valid defense . now who has the stick up their ass ?

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not me until you called me melodramatic before this post. All for suggesting that if we don't upgrade our interior OL, RG3 could get hurt. And now you are starting threads that links to multiple reporters who all are suggesting the same thing. Our Interior OL is weak and it could be detrimental to RG3.

I have no idea what your problem is, but I'm done with this immature back and forth.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i have no worries about the current or future health of RG3 and this o/line

stop being so melodramatic

Rg3 takes shots just like every other qb in the NFL . williams had a great 2nd half . the interior does have issues anchoring up the middle , but they do other thing very well . the opened huge holes for morris and have all year long

i take it this is the link that bugs you . it was in response to the statement where you said he "wouldnt be standing " that is a common statement of over reaction that typically comes from a disappointing loss. (that he wont be standing , that is ) . i called it what i thought it was and didnt realize that calling what you wrote as being melodramatic was some kind of knife to the heart . if you took it that way , and i can see how , then i apologize .

as for starting other links that "suggest starting the other guys " i have for years posted views that differ from mine . i believe in my side of a debate and i am not afraid to post views that differ from mine . most long term posters from ESPN know this .

that doesnt make me a hypocrite . it makes me open to different sides . and sometimes something may come out that could turn my view point around i.e chesters hits hurries and pressures stat from PFF, which i didnt have to post mind you because it contradicted my stance

for the record i would not bench chester unless we are out of it , if then .

now if you dont want to continue with this "immature " back and forth so be it :suds:

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This was one of several questions about the offensive line and I have to say that I don’t get it. The Redskins are third in the NFL in rushing and second in average yards per carry. Robert Griffin III has been sacked 18 times. Only five other NFL teams have allowed fewer sacks. I’m not sure what else you want out of a line short of preventing sacks and helping the running backs gain yardage. Have they had some bad games? Sure they have, including the one in Dallas and the most recent one in Minnesota (which I suspect is prompting all of the questions today). Should they look seriously this offseason at going younger and cheaper and having Adam Gettis, Josh LeRibeus (assuming he shows up in shape), and Tom Compton legitimately have a chance to compete for a job? Certainly they should. But the O-line is not a dumpster fire in need of immediate attention as many of you seem to believe that it is.

my point exactly :agree: