• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Two Columns on Harbaugh's Lack of Confidence in Smith

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

dog-idiots.gif

wartyOne

That guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Based on the 49ers 18-5 record. The 49ers are winning what more do you want?

Also,way to use an exaggeration to try and make a point....cool bro.

Honest question, has a team with winning record ever made a mid-season QB change?

A Lombardi trophy. Smith can't deliver one. End of story.

wartyOne

That guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
doesn't it seem odd that after the injured finger that he's getting picked off more and his accuracy is even worse? as i said before, if smith can't make his normal throws, which aren't anything special to begin with, we should go with kap.

peyton at 75% can be a top 10 qb, smith at 75% should be holding a clip board.

Smith at 95% should be holding a clip board.

wartyOne

That guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i am not making excuses, but u can't deny the 180 in his play since the injury.

kap should have replaced him at halftime during the giants game when it was obvious that he couldn't throw.

Did this injury happen before or after the Minnesota game? Because he looked like Alex Smith in that game.

SY8goat

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Smith at 95% should be holding a clip board.

Since you could tell the future, is the world going to end dec. 21? Are the Mayans correct? Is the movie 2012 correct? Are the Giants going to win World Series? Will Kobe and Dwight Howard get along? Who will win the Presidential election, Obama or Romney?

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kudos to you --- and the answer is no, it's Groundhog Day and fast approaching the ESPN Board.
A Lombardi trophy. Smith can't deliver one. End of story.
I've been ready for Kaep since the end of the first half of the Giants' game, and I never even liked kaep very much.
Since you could tell the future, is the world going to end dec. 21? Are the Mayans correct? Is the movie 2012 correct? Are the Giants going to win World Series? Will Kobe and Dwight Howard get along? Who will win the Presidential election, Obama or Romney?

This is not the ESPN Board Part Deux. What is happening is that people are being more demonstrative of their opinions. None of our opinions have really changed since the off-season. We may have reserved a spot for our opinions to change, but ultimately they haven't. Some of our hopes have not come true. Some never hoped for much. We're all Niner fans, so I don't want to act like people were against Smith and still are, it's just whatever they thought of him more or less has stayed the same. Now, for some reason, people feel more inclined to say their thoughts stronger.

Smith hasn't changed much since the Bills game, despite the high it seemed and the low it now seems. But except for some grumblings after the Jets game (and complaints team wide in Minnesota), people were pretty on-course until the Giants game. But he isn't a better or worse QB than he was two games ago. He played poorly against the Giants and made one stupid throw in the Seahawks game, but that wasn't out the realm of possibility. People weren't as vocal before, despite the people speaking out now likely having felt the same two games ago. Taking that potential of struggling into account, I believed he could win with our defense and coaches and I still believe that. People may have reserved a little judgment waiting for our improved WR corp to show, but while Alex has not taking advantage of it, he isn't a different QB because of it, good or bad.

As far as Kaep goes, I think this is what we've expected. He ran well and threw far. He is inexperienced (not his fault). You might think he's done well, but that's what I expected. (Any true offensive rhythm effects that his playing has had are not his fault.) Now, that he's done what we think he could, given his level of experience, we now don't have a different opinion of him, do we?

I guess what I mean to say is that we're being more vocal but not more Cazic-y. More jabs will cause people to be more vocal. As for my vocal belief, Alex can and will deliver us a Lombardi, but it won't be because of him like Montana, Rice, or Young. It will be more than it would last year. I may change my mind, but I believe he can, no matter how many people say he can't and how loud they say it. Willis, Gore, and Harbaugh all the way. (I think Smith will pick things up, too.)

Last edited by a moderator:

ViperVisor

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
The finger. The OL. The WRs. The coaches. The playbook. The OCs. The WildKap. Joe Staley is bad. Randy Moss can't get open. The drops. The fans. The wind at Candlestick. Too much traffic. Hotdogs are too pricey. Keep them coming. Nothing is ever the fault of Alex's shortcomings. There's absolutely no chance that Kap, or anyone else, gives this team a better chance to win.

9164677.jpg

His statistical improvement came by way of environmental changes not a sudden improvement in his skill as a QB.

Those statements contradict each other.
So who is going to admit they are wrong?

09-11 a lot of crap was thrown when weakness elsewhere was pointed out but it was brushed aside to lay most of the blame on QB.

Last edited by a moderator:

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His statistical improvement came by way of environmental changes not a sudden improvement in his skill as a QB.

Those statements contradict each other.
So who is going to admit they are wrong?

09-11 a lot of crap was thrown when weakness elsewhere was pointed out but it was brushed aside to lay most of the blame on QB.

What contradiction?

h0ckeysk83r

Haters gonna hate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jeezus Christ. We are 5-2 give it a break people. Harbaugh and company will make the moves they feel are better for this team. Smith is the qb right now and that is that. Letss just keep on rolling here. NFL is a tough league and we are one of the tops still. Enjoy it.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Jeezus Christ. We are 5-2 give it a break people.

So what? That record isn't going to help Alex put up points against the Giants in the playoffs. I'm not impressed by being 5-2. I'd be impressed if Alex could complete a pass to a WR on 3rd & 10. A WR who is actually 10 yards past the line of scrimmage that is.

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You said the environment improved.

Others said those were bullshit Alexcuses.

Not sure if you simply don't understand what you are reading and just don't understand what the word contradiction means, or perhaps both, but there is no contradiction between those statements.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure if you simply don't understand what you are reading and just don't understand what the word contradiction means, or perhaps both, but there is no contradiction between those statements.

Even if it were a contradiction, which I'm not claiming, it was two different posters. I don't expect two different people to be making in sync remarks, even if they are on the same side of the argument. I don't like to be linked with other posters, so you guys shouldn't either. You and Clyde have different opinions on Smith than each other, even though you haven't come to a point in argument.