• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Twins @ M's: June 13th - 15th

MarinersBestFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
who knew you can't bunt with your eyes closed. Moore can't bunt...ever.

Hell I even taught my little leaguers to bunt properly and they were 12yo !

Square up early and level the bat in the strike zone. If the pitch is ABOVE your bat, pull it back and take the pitch.
NEVER raise the bat higher and attempt to bunt a pitch high above the zone.

Which clearly is what happened todays game, pitch was up, the bat came up and the ball went up. Up up and away !

hahahaha we suck - no discipline at all with fundamentals.

AceKeptic

Free Agent from Elsewhere
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just had to up and quit when they couldn't hold them scoreless anymore, didn't they?

Go figure.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This guy would have been much cheaper to keep than the guy we added.

Msfann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The organization simply does not and never will care about winning, It's not part of their business model. Next year we'll see the same lamedick struggles, and the year after that and the year after that and the year after that etc.

Lets face it, this team is a forever loser and will never change, they might make some games exciting but in the end were never going to win anything meaningful. The reason there seems to be zero accountability is they simply don't care.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One of the worst managed games I've seen in a while. Pulled Marco too soon and setup your two worst hitters with your best chance to score.

Say what you want about how the bunt went down, but I'd rather see Moore swing away with 2 on and no outs than try to move them along for Toro and torrent. It was just stupid.

This team will not get over the hump with Servais managing it. Period.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One of the worst managed games I've seen in a while. Pulled Marco too soon and setup your two worst hitters with your best chance to score.

Say what you want about how the bunt went down, but I'd rather see Moore swing away with 2 on and no outs than try to move them along for Toro and torrent. It was just stupid.

This team will not get over the hump with Servais managing it. Period.
Moore can't bunt. Not just based on yesterday, but based on his career. He stinks at bunting. Was it the right call? Maybe with the right player up, but not sure we have the right player for bunting. Plus who knocks them in after the bunt? Please find me that guy. We need all three outs to have a shot at scoring. I would rather see hit and runs...if we had contact guys.

Cloud

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mr. Winker got a contract through 2023 despite the struggles. Perhaps now he'll play? idk.

This org. seems to work in opposite. Handing out contracts for mediocrity from top to bottom. Joe Maddon got the can for losing 14 straight games for the Angels.

AceKeptic

Free Agent from Elsewhere
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mr. Winker got a contract through 2023 despite the struggles. Perhaps now he'll play? idk.

This org. seems to work in opposite. Handing out contracts for mediocrity from top to bottom. Joe Maddon got the can for losing 14 straight games for the Angels.
Oh yeah, that's what we need, a batter who makes a new contract without actually EARNING any of the money in it.