• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Trubisky gonna break out this season?

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We’re probably at our peak in talent for a while. Heck, last year might haven been our peak in talent. Next year we will probably lose trevathan and maybe even Whitehair (doubtful). To argue otherwise is silly. We’re going to be bleeding talent the next few years.

Well, since you say that arguing would be silly... Now I'm sold.

Losing a higher priced player like Trevathan opens up cap space for another (and possibly younger) player. There's not going to be a mass exodus next season. You have no idea how the draft or free agency will play out. If our GM is as competent as we all believe and hope - our window will certainly extend further than the 2019 season with this talent ceiling. You're also discounting growth of young players currently on our roster. For instance, if Trubisky is a borderline elite QB by 2020 but we don't have Trevathan? I think we're a more talented football team.

If this was the Angelo era, I would be inclined to agree with you. However, Pace's talent evaluation shows far too much promise for me to buy into a concrete statement such as the one you are making.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, since you say that arguing would be silly... Now I'm sold.

Losing a higher priced player like Trevathan opens up cap space for another (and possibly younger) player. There's not going to be a mass exodus next season. You have no idea how the draft or free agency will play out. If our GM is as competent as we all believe and hope - our window will certainly extend further than the 2019 season with this talent ceiling. You're also discounting growth of young players currently on our roster. For instance, if Trubisky is a borderline elite QB by 2020 but we don't have Trevathan? I think we're a more talented football team.

If this was the Angelo era, I would be inclined to agree with you. However, Pace's talent evaluation shows far too much promise for me to buy into a concrete statement such as the one you are making.
Sorry, I just thought your reasoning was silly. Still do. It will be hard for pace to replace the talent this team has already started to lose.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Think I'll pull a Solomon and split the baby in half because both of you guys have a valid point. BG is correct in that with our still-low salary cap room and with some of our personnel entering their walk years, it will be tough to hang onto our top talent. Richi's point tho, also correct, is that Pace and his team so far have been doing a very good job at managing the numbers and retaining those they want to see remain Bears.

I believe if they really want to see DT in a Bears uni next season, Pace will figure out a way to make that happen. That's the $64k question tho. Remember, we all thought he would keep at least one of our two key FAs in Adrian Amos and Bryce Callahan, yet it didn't happen. Personally, I'm happy with the replacements he signed, particularly inking Ha Ha Clinton-Dix. But still, they both walked, so I assume nothing when it comes to getting DT to sign an extension, assuming one is even offered. I know one thing, 2018 was his best season as a Bear and from the early word coming out of the OTAs so far, he seems to have lost nothing. It DT plays at even close to last year's level, I'm 100% for Pace working out some kind of deal to keep him.

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This thread makes me sad.

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who knew the O line would be the start of the decline... They were decent last season, this year, aweful.

Nelly

Respectin' hoes, nationwide
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who knew the O line would be the start of the decline... They were decent last season, this year, aweful.
They were actually pretty good last year. Massie had a career year and earned himself an extension. Whitehair was good at center, Daniels came along quickly at guard and Leno looked like one of the better left tackles in the game.

Fast forward to this year and the O line was a disaster. It was the foundation for a shitty year when Montgomery has no room to run and Mitch doesn't have a comfort level in the pocket. The foundation for shitty line play could have to do with poor coaching and run-game schemes as well, who knows exactly. Plenty of blame to go around.

flclfanman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They were actually pretty good last year. Massie had a career year and earned himself an extension. Whitehair was good at center, Daniels came along quickly at guard and Leno looked like one of the better left tackles in the game.

Fast forward to this year and the O line was a disaster. It was the foundation for a shitty year when Montgomery has no room to run and Mitch doesn't have a comfort level in the pocket. The foundation for shitty line play could have to do with poor coaching and run-game schemes as well, who knows exactly. Plenty of blame to go around.

If only we had a period of time to play these so-called O-line starters and help them shake of the rust (Daniels, Whitehair) or see if they regressed into trash (everybody else). I dunno, like a Pre-season or something.:rolleyes2:

Nagy's 2018 success made his ego so big he made a bubble to live in.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The coaching and scheme of the o-line is fucking insanely retarded.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pace announced Trubisky as starter for 2020.

Here we go...

steve59

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What is pace gonna do? Does anyone here NOT believe the bears would ruin any qb? Always been a pound the rock play good d cold weather team(when winning). Chicago fans give bears quarterbacks about 10 plays before running them out of town and anybody who thinks a different player at that position would fix the team only needs to remember when they traded for Jay Cutler. Mitch is good enough because he's accurate while running for his life.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What is pace gonna do? Does anyone here NOT believe the bears would ruin any qb? Always been a pound the rock play good d cold weather team(when winning). Chicago fans give bears quarterbacks about 10 plays before running them out of town and anybody who thinks a different player at that position would fix the team only needs to remember when they traded for Jay Cutler. Mitch is good enough because he's accurate while running for his life.

Mitch is good enough because he's accurate while running for his life

Mitch has consistently had one of the worst QB's in the league when pressured. Last I saw in December - it was in the mid 40's. Which is... putrid and foul on many levels. So, that's just not true.

Does anyone here NOT believe the bears would ruin any qb?

What did we ruin? We actually inflated the shit out of Mitch's surface level numbers in 2018 and created a mirage of him being respectable.

Chicago fans give bears quarterbacks about 10 plays before running them out of town

A) What in the hell does that have to do with the QB himself? Lol. What the fans are saying on talk radio has absolutely no bearing on the outcome of the QB's career.

B) Mitch was a fan favorite and supported in a huge way his first two years. Hell, even still, there's apologists for the guy. Bears fans are the only group of people that have ANY supporters of Mitch remaining. I don't know why... but they're out there.

and anybody who thinks a different player at that position would fix the team only needs to remember when they traded for Jay Cutler.

Since when was Jay Cutler some stud QB? He was middling, at best throughout his career. Both in Denver and here.

Always been a pound the rock play good d cold weather team(when winning).

Is the team even good in cold weather? Lol. I don't know. And yeah... no one disputes that is who we have been. It's also why we haven't won dick in 35 years.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pace announced Trubisky as starter for 2020.

Here we go...
Been loosely listening to some of the pre-Super Bowl chatter.
ESPN Chicago radio was set up in Miami all week and of course the question to many sports people who were pulled into the ESPN tent ad hoc was about Mitch Trubisky and 2020.
It may have been a small sample size yet the interviews I heard supported Mitch and that the Bears should give him another season.
A few of them made compelling arguments for Mitch.

Now some Bears fans may be saddened by this, understandably.
Or maybe they will dismiss it as random and not applicable since these men have zero connection to the Bears.
But if the consensus among current and former players and NFL voices support Mitch, my guess is that this merely reflects the same sentiment at Halas Hall.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Been loosely listening to some of the pre-Super Bowl chatter.
ESPN Chicago radio was set up in Miami all week and of course the question to many sports people who were pulled into the ESPN tent ad hoc was about Mitch Trubisky and 2020.
It may have been a small sample size yet the interviews I heard supported Mitch and that the Bears should give him another season.
A few of them made compelling arguments for Mitch.

Now some Bears fans may be saddened by this, understandably.
Or maybe they will dismiss it as random and not applicable since these men have zero connection to the Bears.
But if the consensus among current and former players and NFL voices support Mitch, my guess is that this merely reflects the same sentiment at Halas Hall.

Not in the least.

For the most part - players don't bag on players as they empathize with the plight of being publicly hated/scrutinized. Even Forte, Alex Brown, Lance Briggs, Kruetz, etc. When they were forthright in saying Mitch wasn't the guy and never would be. They were as gentle as possible.

There's a lot of rumblings around the Bears from sources saying the support is nearly as clear-cut as it appeared to be during the NYE presser following the Minnesota game.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not in the least.

For the most part - players don't bag on players as they empathize with the plight of being publicly hated/scrutinized. Even Forte, Alex Brown, Lance Briggs, Kruetz, etc. When they were forthright in saying Mitch wasn't the guy and never would be. They were as gentle as possible.

There's a lot of rumblings around the Bears from sources saying the support is nearly as clear-cut as it appeared to be during the NYE presser following the Minnesota game.

Why is there even a question who the starter is next year other than Trubisky? Of course they will all say Trubisky because there's simply no one else...? If we draft a young kid it'll still be Trubisky. Pace would have to be stupid to question Trubisky as the starter right now even if Pace intends to sign vet QB. You don't put the cart before the horse.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It f*cking kills me that we have, far and away, the worst QB in our division after trading up to #2 to draft this guy.

Nelly

Respectin' hoes, nationwide
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It f*cking kills me that we have, far and away, the worst QB in our division after trading up to #2 to draft this guy.
We've pretty much been prepared for the worst this coming season. All that's left is to hope for the best.