• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Tru Johnson Tagged

bluepigpen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe Fisher is getting smarter in his older age. Johnson instead of Jenkins has been tagged. Yet that's a start.

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jenkins will get more guareenterd money though.

bluepigpen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Rams had to make a decision Cougar, they probably felt that with Johnson getting the tag if someone did out bid the Rams, they had a better chance getting the two #1s with Johnson then Jenkins. His coming out and the firing of his agent probably didn't help his case also. I do like Johnson better because of the reasons I already said but Jenkins will get a pay day somewhere I just think the Rams figured only one was going to stay and they wanted Johnson first.

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Rams had to make a decision Cougar, they probably felt that with Johnson getting the tag if someone did out bid the Rams, they had a better chance getting the two #1s with Johnson then Jenkins. His coming out and the firing of his agent probably didn't help his case also. I do like Johnson better because of the reasons I already said but Jenkins will get a pay day somewhere I just think the Rams figured only one was going to stay and they wanted Johnson first.

I wish they could have signed Johnson long term and Franchised McLoed at 10m would have saved 4m.

RamsFan88

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,416.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wish they could have signed Johnson long term and Franchised McLoed at 10m would have saved 4m.

McLeod will be lucky to get $6 million a year

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I like Johnson a lot, but I don't think any team will be willing to give up two 1st rounders for him, so he's basically staying.

I think Jenkins will be surprised at how good the Rams offer was once he hits FA. I just can't see a team giving him what he wants when he's not the shutdown corner he thinks he is.

Whether that means he signs with the Rams or whether he's so upset at being "low-balled" he refuses to sign with them remains to be seen.

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
McLeod will be lucky to get $6 million a year

No way he had a great year and was a big part of the Rams D. I just don't want to lose him. Someone will give him a long term deal. I just hope it's the Rams.

Jermaine133

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
who the hell is gonna give Jenkins 50+ million when QB's who targeted him had at least a 90 rating????

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
who the hell is gonna give Jenkins 50+ million when QB's who targeted him had at least a 90 rating????

Bingo Jermaine! This guy's greatness is all in his head and I doubt any team is going to offer what the Rams did. He may get close, but ten-to-one, he doesn't get signed by anyone is my guess. He's not that good as that stat is one of many. Tru was the better decision for a change!

chy1127

Peace & Love, Peace & Luv
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can think of a lot worse than going into the season with Tru and Gaines as are starting CB's.

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Not sure they wanted Johnson first? They offered Jenkins the long term contract? I think Jenkins going public with his comments pissed off the Rams. They knew Jenkins would be gone at that point so they couldn't take a chance on losing Johnson as the deadline neared so they franchised him. Jenkins will get a big time contract from someone no doubt!

Last edited:

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure they wanted Johnson first? They offered Jenkins the long term contract? I think Jenkins going public with his comments pissed off the Rams. They knew Jenkins would be gone at that point so they couldn't take a chance on losing Johnson as the deadline was neared so they franchised him.

They chose to franchise Tru over Jenk, as he was the higher priority. They pursued Jenk first to try to get his deal done before other teams could get involved.

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They chose to franchise Tru over Jenk, as he was the higher priority. They pursued Jenk first to try to get his deal done before other teams could get involved.

Hmm I don't know about that. Why would you try to negotiate a long-term contract with the guy you're not interested in? Seems to me Jenkins got pissed and they knew they couldn't sign him so They better franchise Johnson or take a chance on losing them both.

RamsFan88

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,416.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think it's a matter of them being not interested so much as Jenkins being their second priority.

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hmm I don't know about that. Why would you try to negotiate a long-term contract with the guy you're not interested in? Seems to me Jenkins got pissed and they knew they couldn't sign him so They better franchise Johnson or take a chance on losing them both.

They probably were going to put the Tag on Johnson from the start, that's why you then negotiate with Jenkins, and if it doesn't work, you say bye bye, now do you see?