• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Trolling

Status
Not open for further replies.

whysies

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So we've got a bunch of people who have voted Toby off the island, and then we have imac who appreciates Toby's erudite contributions to the discourse (but he did acknowledge that he's a dirty racist).

How many votes do we need to get the permaban in place?

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So we've got a bunch of people who have voted Toby off the island, and then we have imac who appreciates Toby's erudite contributions to the discourse (but he did acknowledge that he's a dirty racist).

How many votes do we need to get the permaban in place?

Good lord, do you always waste your time with such frivilous endeavors? Get a life, for pete's sake.

SeattleNinersFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I already have put TT on my ignore list, that way I don't have to read his nonsense if he is here or not.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I already have put TT on my ignore list, that way I don't have to read his nonsense if he is here or not.

There you go. I would not even need that though. I would simply read and move on. If it wasn't worth responding to I'd ignore it and find some other thread that interested me. Seems pretty simple.

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously, if you consider these guys trolls don't respond to them. It is more a reflection on you, that you are incapable of ignoring them and get so worked up over what they are saying. They are 49er fans just like us. There is a place for everyone. :peace:

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously, if you consider these guys trolls don't respond to them. It is more a reflection on you, that you are incapable of ignoring them and get so worked up over what they are saying. They are 49er fans just like us. There is a place for everyone. :peace:

I know, right? I would be embarrassed to ask for someone to be banned. As you said, it would simply show how weak-minded I was. The poor moderators here probably feel like kindergarten teachers sometimes.

whysies

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just ignoring trolls is all well and good. The problem is that not everyone will do that. Other people will respond, and then the whole thread starts getting derailed and the whole forum suffers. That's the problem with trolls.

Also, Toby is clearly not a 49er fan. He doesn't follow the team very closely or know much about football. He's here to rile people up with his patented brand of negativity and racism.

So, how many votes do we need to get Toby permabanned?

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just ignoring trolls is all well and good. The problem is that not everyone will do that. Other people will respond, and then the whole thread starts getting derailed and the whole forum suffers. That's the problem with trolls.

Also, Toby is clearly not a 49er fan. He doesn't follow the team very closely or know much about football. He's here to rile people up with his patented brand of negativity and racism.

Wanting to ban someone because they have a differing view is absurd. He knows his football well enough. He gave credit to Frank Gore for his after game interview on the NFL Network. Just because he doesn't always say the PC thing means he should be banned. That's very PC and all but it's boring and trite. You guys try and get him banned if you must but I think it's a feeble mind that can't overlook a little adversity and respond accordingly. I guess I just don't understand those that can't overlook and move on.

lhagen931

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

a lot of them.

whysies

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wanting to ban someone because they have a differing view is absurd. He knows his football well enough. He gave credit to Frank Gore for his after game interview on the NFL Network. Just because he doesn't always say the PC thing means he should be banned. That's very PC and all but it's boring and trite. You guys try and get him banned if you must but I think it's a feeble mind that can't overlook a little adversity and respond accordingly. I guess I just don't understand those that can't overlook and move on.

Being PC has nothing to do with it. And adversity? What are you talking about? This is an internet message board. There's no adversity here and Toby's brand of shitposting isn't something we need to learn to power through so that we will come out stronger in the end.

Anyway this is almost a ten year body of work we are talking about. Enough is enough.

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Being PC has nothing to do with it. And adversity? What are you talking about? This is an internet message board. There's no adversity here and Toby's brand of shitposting isn't something we need to learn to power through so that we will come out stronger in the end.

Anyway this is almost a ten year body of work we are talking about. Enough is enough.

You need to look up the word "adversity." That being said, I don't have much experience with him and a lot of you guys do. I find some of his comments a tad harsh but I like seeing other viewpoints. That's just me. If you guys wanna petition his demise, feel free. Homer fans are the worst fans is my motto. I try to be realistic about our team and coaches.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I actually think its the whiners like Whysies that make the board dull. I've probably forgotten more about the 49ers than "real 49er fans" ever knew.

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
There you go. I would not even need that though. I would simply read and move on. If it wasn't worth responding to I'd ignore it and find some other thread that interested me. Seems pretty simple.

This is pretty much my approach. When contentious civil/non-football issues come up and discussion ensues I will participate until I feel Toby (or anyone else) makes enough comments to render the discussion no longer worth participating in.

The only people that I will ever hope to see banned are those who are flooding the board with troll, or troll baiting posts to the point where the board becomes unnavigable (like Cazic did on ESPN). If Toby were constantly starting new topics exclusively to anger/annoy/frustrate then I would want him banned. But he's not. The board is no different if you simply ignore his posts. Frankly, the only time Toby's posts ever annoy me are in the game day thread with his Chicken Little disease (which many posters seem to have contracted this year).

Just because Toby has a different perspective on life than I do doesn't mean I want him silenced.

When you put it like that, it seems kind of evil to want him banned, doesn't it?

Also, I will never support the call for a banning from someone with 45 posts, the majority of which seem to be complaining about a poster. Post counts really aren't that important, but I don't particularly care if someone that doesn't participate in the board doesn't like the board dynamics. That would be like Starbucks changing the house soundtrack for someone that visits twice a year.

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

Just stop. I question how much of a Niner fan you are. You seem to be more obsessed with getting Toby banned than anything else.

Status
Not open for further replies.