• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Trolling

Status
Not open for further replies.

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Wanting to ban someone because they have a differing view is absurd. He knows his football well enough. He gave credit to Frank Gore for his after game interview on the NFL Network. Just because he doesn't always say the PC thing means he should be banned. That's very PC and all but it's boring and trite. You guys try and get him banned if you must but I think it's a feeble mind that can't overlook a little adversity and respond accordingly. I guess I just don't understand those that can't overlook and move on.

I wouldn't consider it to be very PC. It's kind of fascist.

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Being PC has nothing to do with it. And adversity? What are you talking about? This is an internet message board. There's no adversity here and Toby's brand of shitposting isn't something we need to learn to power through so that we will come out stronger in the end.

Anyway this is almost a ten year body of work we are talking about. Enough is enough.

Exactly. It's a message board. Get over it. He's not your brother-in-law, and you aren't having Christmas dinner with him.

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Also, whysies, of your 45 posts 17 of them are directed towards Toby or are begging for him to be banned. Whysies are you trolling him?

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, how many votes do we need to get Toby permabanned?

Just one, a moderator or administrator. That will be true no matter how many non-moderators and non-administrators vote here - 1 to a million, it doesn't matter - you need a vote from them.

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Just one, a moderator or administrator. That will be true no matter how many non-moderators and non-administrators vote here - 1 to a million, it doesn't matter - you need a vote from them.

and they aren't little pussies offended by someone with a different view point than their own.

whysies

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, whysies, of your 45 posts 17 of them are directed towards Toby or are begging for him to be banned. Whysies are you trolling him?

Nope. Just a long time lurker who has read enough. He was dormant for a while but his shit posting has taken new heights in the last month or so and this thread was started which indicated to me that at least one of the mods was concerned about getting rid of trolls. So lets get rid of the worst troll.

I could ask you why half of your posts are simply you being annoyingly pedantic and engaging in semantics debates with other posters but I don't get why that would be relevant. We can both ad hom each other to death if you like but maybe we should do that in a different thread?

Anyway thanks MHSL for weighing in on the voting issue. Ray was the one who said he hasn't pulled the trigger because there aren't enough votes so hopefully he can explain how many are necessary.

Last edited by a moderator:

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Well I tried. If the mods are content with low-brow bull shit CONSTANTLY hijacking otherwise good discussion, then so be it. I'm not exactly quick draw McGraw. I overlooked t for years, but TT's gotten to the point of absurdity.

imac's standard is that trolls are welcome as long as their post counts are low enough. Well, then I guess trolls are welcome to SportsHoopla. Come on over trolls! The bigger jackass you are the better!

Give me your annoying, your incendiary / Your huddled masses of shit stirrers yearning to ruin fun and civility so that we can freely breathe the stench of your bull shit.

cejo.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Nope. Just a long time lurker who has read enough. He was dormant for a while but his shit posting has taken new heights in the last month or so and this thread was started which indicated to me that at least one of the mods was concerned about getting rid of trolls. So lets get rid of the worst troll.

I could ask you why half of your posts are simply you being annoyingly pedantic and engaging in semantics debates with other posters but I don't get why that would be relevant. We can both ad hom each other to death if you like but maybe we should do that in a different thread?

Anyway thanks MHSL for weighing in on the voting issue. Ray was the one who said he hasn't pulled the trigger because there aren't enough votes so hopefully he can explain how many are necessary.

I don't see why a lurker feels the board should conform to his wants. Get over yourself.

whysies

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and they aren't little pussies offended by someone with a different view point than their own.

Pussies? Really? That's a Toby-esque insult.

Whoa, wait, is Toby your alt? I'm an imac_21 fan so if he is then I will have to rethink my wanting to ban him. Maybe we re-tool the racist grandpa schtick and make it actually funny? I'd be down with that.

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Well I tried. If the mods are content with low-brow bull shit CONSTANTLY hijacking otherwise good discussion, then so be it. I'm not exactly quick draw McGraw. I overlooked t for years, but TT's gotten to the point of absurdity.

imac's standard is that trolls are welcome as long as their post counts are low enough. Well, then I guess trolls are welcome to SportsHoopla. Come on over trolls! The bigger jackass you are the better!

Give me your annoying, incendiary and your aburd / Your huddled masses of shit stirrers yearning to ruin fun and civility so that we can freely breathe the stench of your bull shit.

cejo.jpg

I possess the ability to ignore people who annoy me. I also trust that others have that ability. You don't need Professor Xavier's School for the Gifted to ignore someone who annoys you. As has been pointed out, this board even comes with a sweet "ignore" feature that you are welcome to use (you too lurker).

Since you've decided to reference the "Land of Opportunity," I'll bite. I didn't realize that there were policies in place for US immigration that stated you had to agree with the beliefs of the ruling class. Honestly, I was under the impression that the United States, at least publicly, worked on the belief that the exchange of ideas was beneficial for the advancement of humanity. I didn't realize you wanted a Stepford wives community.

And if we really want to get into the topic of frustrating, annoying and useless posts we could start to address the idea of trading essentially every player that has witnessed any modicum of success in a 49er uniform in the last 12 years. That's annoying and incendiary. It's also lowbrow and bullshit. Four of the qualifications you listed above for a "troll."

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Pussies? Really? That's a Toby-esque insult.

Whoa, wait, is Toby your alt? I'm an imac_21 fan so if he is then I will have to rethink my wanting to ban him. Maybe we re-tool the racist grandpa schtick and make it actually funny? I'd be down with that.

Oooooooooh, you got me. I enjoy spending hours on here discussing two polar opposite social views as part of my cover. Not only am I a retired member of US armed forces, I'm also a Canadian high school teacher.

Busted.

Just to be clear, you have now accused Ray, Clyde and I all of being Toby alts. If I was a lesser man, I would think thou doth protest too much.

Fortunately for you, I'm not an idiot.

SY8goat

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:kiffin:

I love this Kiffin Smilie...

Anyways, don't they have an ignore a poster feature on SportsHoopla? Why not just ignore the guy?

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
I possess the ability to ignore people who annoy me.

So do I, but that doesn't mean nobody should ever be banned.

Since you've decided to reference the "Land of Opportunity," I'll bite. I didn't realize that there were policies in place for US immigration that stated you had to agree with the beliefs of the ruling class. Honestly, I was under the impression that the United States, at least publicly, worked on the belief that the exchange of ideas was beneficial for the advancement of humanity. I didn't realize you wanted a Stepford wives community.

Your penchant for hyperbole is confounding imac. This isn't the land of opportunity. This is a fun place on the internet to talk football & other stuff with steaming piles of Toby's bull shit covering it. The mods have the ability to make it a fun place to talk football & other stuff without the little brown additions everywhere; or they can leave it how it is. I would prefer the former, but it's not up to me.

And if we really want to get into the topic of frustrating, annoying and useless posts we could start to address the idea of trading essentially every player that has witnessed any modicum of success in a 49er uniform in the last 12 years. That's annoying and incendiary. It's also lowbrow and bullshit. Four of the qualifications you listed above for a "troll."

Wow. You're really reaching now. I must've hit a nerve.

I get it. You think trolls should be welcome here. I'm not faulting you for that. Most of the time trolls lose interest and go away, but TT has been like herpes. So I'll drive the Ban-him bandwagon, and you drive the Troll bandwagon and we'll leave it at that.

whysies

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does the ignore feature have an option so that the entire thread doesn't get derailed when the troll starts doing his thing? That's my concern.

Also, I think trolling is fine if its funny. Maybe it can also be excused if the poster brings something to the table otherwise. Imac is actually a great example of someone who goes off on trolling tangents (although in his case you get the sense that it comes from a deep down, angry place as opposed to Toby who does it solely to stir the shit. I'm undecided if that's better or worse). But imac also brings a lot to the table as a poster so I don't think he should be banned. It's the wastes of e-space like Toby that baffle me when they rack up thousands of posts. Especially on a forum where the mods have stickied a thread entitled "Trolling" at the top.

Anyway as a lowly lurker I really don't want to rile up the good regular posters like imac so I'll stop asking for Toby to be banned.

Toby, I do ask that whatever you do, please make your posts funny or otherwise worth reading. If you're going to be a troll then put a little thought and care into your work. Show a little pride in your craft.

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Your penchant for hyperbole is confounding imac. This isn't the land of opportunity. This is a fun place on the internet to talk football & other stuff with steaming piles of Toby's bull shit covering it. The mods have the ability to make it a fun place to talk football & other stuff without the little brown additions everywhere; or they can leave it how it is. I would prefer the former, but it's not up to me.

I didn't post the statue of liberty with a parody of one of America's most famous sayings. You brought forth that comparison. Don't get upset that I ran with it.
Wow. You're really reaching now. I must've hit a nerve.

You did. I thought you were better than what you've shown in this thread. I didn't realize you were so petty and sensitive.

I get it. You think trolls should be welcome here. I'm not faulting you for that. Most of the time trolls lose interest and go away, but TT has been like herpes. So I'll drive the Ban-him bandwagon, and you drive the Troll bandwagon and we'll leave it at that.

The second sentence in the above paragraph shows you don't get it. I don't think trolls should be welcome here. What I think is that just because someone doesn't share your perspective on an issue he (or she) is a troll. A troll is someone intentionally trying to ruin a board. Like the bullshit some posters on SportsHoopla did a month or so ago to a different board (you know what I'm talking about because you posted in the thread on the general board about how stupid it was). Toby isn't trying to ruin this board. He's bringing his perspective to the discussions. He happens to have a perspective with which you disagree. That doesn't make him a troll.

I'm not sure what it makes people for wanting Toby banned for having a different perspective. I'm confident that whatever it makes them is not good though.

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Does the ignore feature have an option so that the entire thread doesn't get derailed when the troll starts doing his thing? That's my concern.

Also, I think trolling is fine if its funny. Maybe it can also be excused if the poster brings something to the table otherwise. Imac is actually a great example of someone who goes off on trolling tangents (although in his case you get the sense that it comes from a deep down, angry place as opposed to Toby who does it solely to stir the shit. I'm undecided if that's better or worse). But imac also brings a lot to the table as a poster so I don't think he should be banned. It's the wastes of e-space like Toby that baffle me when they rack up thousands of posts. Especially on a forum where the mods have stickied a thread entitled "Trolling" at the top.

Anyway as a lowly lurker I really don't want to rile up the good regular posters like imac so I'll stop asking for Toby to be banned.

Toby, I do ask that whatever you do, please make your posts funny or otherwise worth reading. If you're going to be a troll then put a little thought and care into your work. Show a little pride in your craft.

Try the ignore feature out. It's provided on the forum for no extra charge.

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I would advise not going to another team board and talking shit. It will get you in hot water. If another teams guy comes on this board and is trolling just report the post and we will take care of it.

Peace.

Also, whysies, I have quoted the original post in this thread. It's five months old now and the original intent may have been lost. Ray is clearly advising our posters not to go trolling on other boards because they will be at the mercy of the mods there.

He also asks that we report the posts of any trolls for him and clyde to deal with. Assuming you (or others) have reported what you (or others) have found to be the most egregious of Toby's posts, we can assume that Ray and Clyde have "take[n] care of it." If you haven't reported the posts, give it a shot. At no point in the original post did Ray ask to have complaints filed in this thread about posters.

The right play back in April may have been to make this thread, sticky it, and lock it without any replies.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Ahh. Maybe Clyde or HammerDown would do it if you got their vote. I don't think Ray agrees right now and was deferring the question/action.

As for me, I just ignore posters or topics I don't want to spend time on. I know people do the same towards some posts or threads I'm involved in. It makes sense.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
The second sentence in the above paragraph shows you don't get it. I don't think trolls should be welcome here. What I think is that just because someone doesn't share your perspective on an issue he (or she) is a troll. A troll is someone intentionally trying to ruin a board. Like the bullshit some posters on SportsHoopla did a month or so ago to a different board (you know what I'm talking about because you posted in the thread on the general board about how stupid it was).

Ok, now we're getting somewhere! There are a TON of people who rarely / never agree with me who by no means resemble a troll. Dodub is a good example of this. I don't think I've agreed with the guy once in my life (see the Bradford thread). We've had heated debates & I'm sure I've stuck many a nerve. But he doesn't troll the board.

Toby isn't trying to ruin this board. He's bringing his perspective to the discussions.

This is where we disagree. Toby intentionally hijacks threads about football and tries to stir up an argument. He does it all the time. I'm completely fine with a debate about racism, religion & politics. That's part of life. But hijacking a thread about Ricardo Lockette by saying he's gay & Kaepernick is gay or hijacking a bunch of threads and making them arguments about racism qualifies as intentionally trying to ruin the board.

If he said that Kwame Harris is gay in a thread about Kwame Harris, that's fine. Saying Kaepernick is gay in a thread about Ricardo Lockette is trolling. And it never stops.

Toby is like a someone who's taking during a movie. I'm not going to run to the manager the instant I hear a peep out of some guy. I'll put up with whispering & comments from people. The occasional "Don't go in there!" But if he's on the phone for 15 minutes, many people have asked him to take it outside and he tells 'em all to fuck off & then answers his phone 3 more times during the movie... at some point I'm going to ask an employee to make him leave.

Status
Not open for further replies.