• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Triple Espresso of Coffee Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
tenor.gif

D2mhlUtXcAYMu4J.jpg:large
You miss 42% of the 130% of shots you take.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I would just like to point out that

1) 42 is the answer to life the universe and everything, and
2) Grade thresholds are by and large educationally pointless. By restricting yourself to certain grade schemes, you significantly handcuff yourself on how challenging you can make material and assessments to target depth of understanding.

I got an A in a class in my PhD program with a ~60% exam average. My understanding of the content of that course is elite in the world, and landed in the upper portion of a class of other PhD students, but not worrying about a 90% = A threshold, the professor was able to write very challenging exams which would really push the depth of our understanding. And that proved valuable.

Now, obviously, PhD programs are very different than 9th grade math classes, but the reality is that our education would likely be more broadly and deeply effective if we loosed our grade standards in favor of more critical, thought-provoking assessments.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would just like to point out that

1) 42 is the answer to life the universe and everything, and
2) Grade thresholds are by and large educationally pointless. By restricting yourself to certain grade schemes, you significantly handcuff yourself on how challenging you can make material and assessments to target depth of understanding.

I got an A in a class in my PhD program with a ~60% exam average. My understanding of the content of that course is elite in the world, and landed in the upper portion of a class of other PhD students, but not worrying about a 90% = A threshold, the professor was able to write very challenging exams which would really push the depth of our understanding. And that proved valuable.

Now, obviously, PhD programs are very different than 9th grade math classes, but the reality is that our education would likely be more broadly and deeply effective if we loosed our grade standards in favor of more critical, thought-provoking assessments.
No I will officially dumb this down...
But why did I read this as I was watching this scene:

:L

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know what is also neat is how your tax dollars are going towards this kind of garbage being tweeted out by the WH Press Secretary:

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know what is also neat is how your tax dollars are going towards this kind of garbage being tweeted out by the WH Press Secretary:

Well, you wonky eyed ****, we won't know until the full report is released.

scoutyjones2

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We've heard this for how long now??? Repeal and ????

WASHINGTON — President Donald Trump said Wednesday that if the Supreme Court overturns the Affordable Care Act, Republicans will have a policy plan that is “far better."

Obamacare was "far too expensive for the people, not only for the country,” Trump told reporters in the Oval Office during a press event Wednesday morning.

Trump also called President Barack Obama’s signature legislation a “disaster” and something “we can’t live with in this country.”

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Obamacare was "far too expensive for the people, not only for the country,” Trump told reporters in the Oval Office during a press event Wednesday morning.

Trump also called President Barack Obama’s signature legislation a “disaster” and something “we can’t live with in this country.”

Yes, when are these fake news people going to realize that "the people" prefer to go bankrupt because of an accident while insurance company execs try to figure out which type of marble they should do for the floor of the bathroom in their kids' private jet?

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speaking of violence and fucking morons, it seems like a long time since Richard Spencer has been publicly punched in the face.

Feel like due theory says soon.

TemptressToo

The Godmother
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,242.61
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The southern pollen invasion has resulted in my first dose of Zyrtec. Which is making me feel more like a zombie than I ever have.

Need a nap.

Status
Not open for further replies.