• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Trent Richardson to COLTS!!!!

The Foot

Hoopla Cash
$ 824.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone think maybe this move could even remotely have to do with the possibility that Trent just didn't impress the Browns brass and maybe they believe Trent is/will be a bust high round pick like there have been in the past like Cedric Benson or the likes.

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Absolutely. They're trading him for what will be a lower pick next year.

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not much positive fantasy news with this trade. TRich's value goes down a little. Bradshaw's value goes down a lot. The Browns RB situation just became a cluster of mediocrity at best.

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only good news is for those really thin at RB (who didn't have Bradshaw), because somebody in Cleveland might be a top-30 back the rest of the way. Which isn't much.

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only good news is for those really thin at RB (who didn't have Bradshaw), because somebody in Cleveland might be a top-30 back the rest of the way. Which isn't much.

Have you seen my MBBRL roster?? It's plenty. . just hope it's McGahee.
Fire those of us that got steamrolled during our drafts and missed out on all the real RB's.. this is a very good thing

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have you seen my MBBRL roster?? It's plenty. . just hope it's McGahee.
Fire those of us that got steamrolled during our drafts and missed out on all the real RB's.. this is a very good thing

I have no idea what Cleveland would have to gain by watching McGahee average 3 yds/carry for the rest of the year. I am going deep under the radar and banking on Cleveland wanting to see what they have in Bobby Rainey. I would think they want to know if he can contribute to their team next year.

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hm... that might be a good call. Picking him up was a move made by current management. In reality he's probably the one with the highest ceiling from our perspective because we know so little about him. He's been with the Browns only two and a half weeks, which might explain why he hasn't seen the field.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have no idea what Cleveland would have to gain by watching McGahee average 3 yds/carry for the rest of the year. I am going deep under the radar and banking on Cleveland wanting to see what they have in Bobby Rainey. I would think they want to know if he can contribute to their team next year.

Well IF McGahee averages 3.0 per, it'll be becuase of the line, not him. Which would then translate to any RB they throw out there. Personally I'm sure he'd be right around 4, like nearly every other year of his career.

But, if he, or whoever they end up signing, were to be a failure, Rainey would be a much smarter bet then Ogbayanna.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They did officially sign McGahee...might not play a lot this weekend, but surely within the next 2 he'll be the main back. ..I think he'll be worth the grab, but we'll find out soon either way.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm confused. Why would TRich owners be happier?

Because he'll now be on a team with a more dynamic offense, better QB, better weapons around him. He'll be on the field for more plays since the offense won't be quite as prone to 3 and outs, and the opposing defenses won't be able to key on him as much.
Other than a potentially limited role this first week as he enters a new system; what's not too like??

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because he'll now be on a team with a more dynamic offense, better QB, better weapons around him. He'll be on the field for more plays since the offense won't be quite as prone to 3 and outs, and the opposing defenses won't be able to key on him as much.
Other than a potentially limited role this first week as he enters a new system; what's not too like??

Well...let's see:

1. Their OL is hurting.
2. Richardson just became a 2-down back.
3. It takes more than one week to learn a new system.

He's still a top-15 back, but his value definitely took a slight hit.

The Foot

Hoopla Cash
$ 824.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yea I agree Trich is not a slam dunk to be more valuable now that he is with the Colts. All though there may be reason for optimism with the change I think that's only because Trich had such a slow start in Cleveland this year. It might be wise to sell high on him to an overly hypes Richardson fan - I mean after all - the Browns must have seen something they didn't like. I'd seek out nearest colts fan (hopefully there are a few to start a bidding war) should be at least one left over colts fan from the Manning days.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well...let's see:

1. Their OL is hurting.
2. Richardson just became a 2-down back.
3. It takes more than one week to learn a new system.

He's still a top-15 back, but his value definitely took a slight hit.

1. So was Clevelands..a good QB with line adjustments(like Luck is great at) can cover a lot of that up.
2. Highly doubt it. .one of the main reasons Richardson was a starter as a rook is that he is an above average pass protector, and not too bad catching out of the backfield either. . really as good as Bradshaw.
3. No, not really. Running plays are running plays, blitz pickups are really all he needs. . if he has the advertised work ethic. .2 weeks tops.

In no way shape or firm do I see a downturn in value. . especially when his production in the first 2 weeks was so minimal. Sorry, but I truly feel your dead wrong. . And I don't even own Richardson in even do much as a free league, so it's not like I have any rooting interest in him being better

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm leaning more toward Money and Foot. Now that I've had about 24 hours to digest this something doesn't seem right.

1) The Browns drafted TRich 3rd overall. And basically traded him away for what will be a significantly lower #1 draft selection. Not even throwing in a Donald Brown in exchange?! Doesn't add up.
2) Plus this was an "in-season" trade which is rare. Especially for what is supposed to be a top-notch RB. Which brings me to...
3) Considering that Norv Turner has had success with the RB's in his system, how unhappy/dissatisfied/suspect does a team/GM/Coach/OC have to be to throw in the towel so early into a season to part with their alleged "franchise" cornerstone? And for less value in next year's draft!

Does NOT add up.

Indy seems to have come off the winner, and everyone else seems to be in shock, yet I wonder if the Browns just traded away the proverbial "Brian Bozworth" before his "bust" label became more obvious to the rest of the league?

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. So was Clevelands..a good QB with line adjustments(like Luck is great at) can cover a lot of that up.
2. Highly doubt it. .one of the main reasons Richardson was a starter as a rook is that he is an above average pass protector, and not too bad catching out of the backfield either. . really as good as Bradshaw.
3. No, not really. Running plays are running plays, blitz pickups are really all he needs. . if he has the advertised work ethic. .2 weeks tops.

In no way shape or firm do I see a downturn in value. . especially when his production in the first 2 weeks was so minimal. Sorry, but I truly feel your dead wrong. . And I don't even own Richardson in even do much as a free league, so it's not like I have any rooting interest in him being better

I don't own him either and if I did, I'd definitely be selling with this perceived upswing in value.

It think it's funny that people believe Bradshaw is just going to disappear now. With Bradshaw excelling in pass pro, I just can't see him not having a role in the offense.

I'll tell you why I'm excited though. I have Luck, Wayne, Hilton and Fleener in various leagues and all their values just went up a bit.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Indy seems to have come off the winner, and everyone
else seems to be in shock, yet I wonder if the Browns just traded
away the proverbial "Brian Bozworth" before his "bust" label became more obvious
to the rest of the league?

*not a colts fan, also don't have TRich in any fantasy leagues*

Not sure I am 100% sold on the notion that the Browns have become an organization that makes wise roster moves. There is a reason that they have only made the playoffs once in the past how ever many years. TRich made a living out of pounding in short yardage TDs last year -- 7 of 11 rushing TDs came from 6yds or closer, and 9 of 11 were from 15yds or closer. Since I think that the Colts will be in the redzone a lot more frequently than the Browns this year, I think TRich's value has to be a touch higher than it was before. I think Indy would prefer to smash it home instead of letting that O-line expose Luck to getting murdered on pass attempts in the redzone.

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm leaning more toward Money and Foot. Now that I've had about 24 hours to digest this something doesn't seem right.

1) The Browns drafted TRich 3rd overall. And basically traded him away for what will be a significantly lower #1 draft selection. Not even throwing in a Donald Brown in exchange?! Doesn't add up.
2) Plus this was an "in-season" trade which is rare. Especially for what is supposed to be a top-notch RB. Which brings me to...
3) Considering that Norv Turner has had success with the RB's in his system, how unhappy/dissatisfied/suspect does a team/GM/Coach/OC have to be to throw in the towel so early into a season to part with their alleged "franchise" cornerstone? And for less value in next year's draft!

Does NOT add up.

Indy seems to have come off the winner, and everyone else seems to be in shock, yet I wonder if the Browns just traded away the proverbial "Brian Bozworth" before his "bust" label became more obvious to the rest of the league?

Maybe they looked at this - FOOTBALL OUTSIDERS: Innovative Statistics, Intelligent Analysis | RUNNING BACKS 2012 - which measures TRich as one of the worst starters in the league last year, only getting 11 TDs because they repeatedly gave him the ball up close, something probably any power back off an NFL bench could accomplish.

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure I am 100% sold on the notion that the Browns have become an organization that makes wise roster moves. There is a reason that they have only made the playoffs once in the past how ever many years.

I'm not sold either, but bad teams don't stay bad forever. Look at the Saints before Benson, the Packers before Wolf/Holmgren/Favre, and the Patriots before Kraft. There's no reason to anoint Haslam/Banner/Chudzinski/Lombardi as anything special yet, but the old guard that went 73-151 under Lerner is entirely gone and it doesn't make sense to judge them by that record either.