• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Transfer Thread

jontaejones

Hoopla Cash
$ 149.32
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kentucky had 2 of its top freshman leave school.

And then everybody who played any meaningful minutes decided to enter the draft.

You think these kids would be smart enough to wait and see what happens before making these decisions and having to sit a whole year. Kentucky is going to suck next year.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Grad transfer, I'm assuming

Hopefully Wojo gets involved. Can't see this kid staying in the draft unless hes just truly done with college and wants to go catch Rona in Italy instead of the US.

douggie

Iron Duke
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,692.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chaundee Brown is entering the NBA Draft, but he says if he decides to come back to college he'll be entering the transfer portal

lololol Manning sucks so much

Unless Olivier Sarr leaves, we still have no chance.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kentucky had 2 of its top freshman leave school.

And then everybody who played any meaningful minutes decided to enter the draft.

You think these kids would be smart enough to wait and see what happens before making these decisions and having to sit a whole year. Kentucky is going to suck next year.

They only have two top 10 kids coming in too. The rest are ranked #25, #28, #31, #46. Expecting significant contributions from kids ranked in that range typically don't happen. Those kids will most definitely get minutes since there isn't anyone else, but how good will they be? It's not like they are bringing in Zion, RJ and Cam. They will be a fascinating team next season.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most interesting transfer name out there is Jonah Antonio from UNLV

Early on it was rumored he was close to committing to Marquette(fans panicked). I know see the gophers kicking the tires as well.

And like 10 other solid programs.

Uhhhhh what are teams seeing in this guy????????????? He was Koby McEwen in the MW with far worse defense, rebound and FT rate. So basically unplayable in a P6.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most interesting transfer name out there is Jonah Antonio from UNLV

Early on it was rumored he was close to committing to Marquette(fans panicked). I know see the gophers kicking the tires as well.

And like 10 other solid programs.

Uhhhhh what are teams seeing in this guy????????????? He was Koby McEwen in the MW with far worse defense, rebound and FT rate. So basically unplayable in a P6.

Honestly not sure why any P6 program would want him either? He couldn't cut it at unlv. I can see it maybe if he was a good 3 point shooter, but he isn't. Seems like a low major prospect to me.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly not sure why any P6 program would want him either? He couldn't cut it at unlv. I can see it maybe if he was a good 3 point shooter, but he isn't. Seems like a low major prospect to me.

Yeah its baffling. Obviously the fact he hasnt committed yet tells me its probably more of teams asking around but still. There are some quality programs reaching out.

Guy has 1 skill set that he can't do well and he got to the line SEVEN times ALL YEAR. LOL.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah its baffling. Obviously the fact he hasnt committed yet tells me its probably more of teams asking around but still. There are some quality programs reaching out.

Guy has 1 skill set that he can't do well and he got to the line SEVEN times ALL YEAR. LOL.

I live like half an hour away from where he went as a freshman and never even heard of him until recently. I'm honestly surprised what he did at The Mount got him a look at unlv. No surprise the new staff is getting rid of him. Plus they have Jenkins coming in.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DeJulius to Cincy.

That became pretty well known knowledge the last couple days.

Hitman Hart

College Basketball's #1 Venue
Hoopla Cash
$ 301.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Hitman Hart Did Manning volunteer a pay cut or was that just Clawson?

not sure

Wake's AD, John Currie, gave WXII an interview. The guy that conducted the interview posted on Twitter that Wake said they would grant the interview under one condition..no questions about the basketball program

oh and Wake's beat writer for the Winston-Salem Journal is borderline begging on Twitter for an interview with Currie

so things are going well there

Last edited:

Hitman Hart

Hoopla Cash
$ 301.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unless Olivier Sarr leaves, we still have no chance.

since the season ended, there's been rumblings from "insiders" on OGBoards that Sarr is either going to go pro or transfer

word is that Sarr doesn't like Manning

fwiw, last week Brown was defending Manning and called him a good coach. This week, Brown practically actions state that he'd rather play for anyone on earth other than Manning

douggie

Iron Duke
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,692.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
not sure

Wake's AD, John Currie, gave WXII an interview. The guy that conducted the interview posted on Twitter that Wake said they would grant the interview under one condition..no questions about the basketball program

oh and Wake's beat writer for the Winston-Salem Journal is borderline begging on Twitter for an interview with Currie

so things are going well there

I do like Clawson and I believe him to be a Class-A dude, IDK what the discussions are like amongst the decision makers but I don't think they know how to force him out and so they just let him stay to the detriment of the Deacon Club- and the kid from VaTech(he went to Mt Tabor HS) is coming to WF

Hitman Hart

Hoopla Cash
$ 301.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do like Clawson and I believe him to be a Class-A dude, IDK what the discussions are like amongst the decision makers but I don't think they know how to force him out and so they just let him stay to the detriment of the Deacon Club- and the kid from VaTech(he went to Mt Tabor HS) is coming to WF

the word was that he was a goner but then the coronavirus hit. then the word changed from "Manning is a goner, guys" to "it's because of the coronavirus! and uhh, well, the major donors are having second thoughts because that is a lot of money.."

fwiw, zero P6 coaches have been fired as a result of the coronavirus

Last year, Wake announced that Manning was returning. This year, there has been zero announcement and now Wake is telling a major local news station that they aren't allowed to ask about the basketball program

not a good look

Wilkins was a major recruiting miss at the time, so that is a nice pickup.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the word was that he was a goner but then the coronavirus hit. then the word changed from "Manning is a goner, guys" to "it's because of the coronavirus! and uhh, well, the major donors are having second thoughts because that is a lot of money.."

fwiw, zero P6 coaches have been fired as a result of the coronavirus

Last year, Wake announced that Manning was returning. This year, there has been zero announcement and now Wake is telling a major local news station that they aren't allowed to ask about the basketball program

not a good look

Wilkins was a major recruiting miss at the time, so that is a nice pickup.

Same reason clay helton is still the coach at usc football....

douggie

Iron Duke
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,692.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

My God, we all have problems but nothing like this I hope!