• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Transfer Thread

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wake Forest just hit rock bottom

Adding Antonio might be worse than the loss of Sarr

Yeah apologies to @Hitman Hart . I just don't see how he's an ACC caliber player. At unlv he averaged 6.9 ppg on 31% shooting from the field and 3. And he shot 42% from the FT line. If he's a starter for them, they are in some trouble. I don't understand why so many P5's were in on him tbh.

BigFin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can MacClung play the PG position? I thought he'd need to do that to make it to the NBA. He really doesn't shoot well. How's his defense?

FSU needs a PG.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eastern to Michigan. Thats a head scratcher by Michigan.

Even more so if he ends up having to sit next year. 2 years to play 1 for that guy????

Hitman Hart

College Basketball's #1 Venue
Hoopla Cash
$ 301.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah apologies to @Hitman Hart . I just don't see how he's an ACC caliber player. At unlv he averaged 6.9 ppg on 31% shooting from the field and 3. And he shot 42% from the FT line. If he's a starter for them, they are in some trouble. I don't understand why so many P5's were in on him tbh.

i'm not crazy about the pickup, but he hurt his hand last year at UNLV and was never the same afterwards. It's highly likely that his stats from MSM are more relevant than his stats from UNLV.

Good size for the position and rarely shoots from within the three point line. Around a 35% 3 point shooter. I'm guessing he'll just be a shooter off the bench. Anything more than that is asking for too much.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i'm not crazy about the pickup, but he hurt his hand last year at UNLV and was never the same afterwards. It's highly likely that his stats from MSM are more relevant than his stats from UNLV.

Good size for the position and rarely shoots from within the three point line. Around a 35% 3 point shooter. I'm guessing he'll just be a shooter off the bench. Anything more than that is asking for too much.

To be fair.....his stats werent much better at MSM especially considering the league.

His free throw shooting was definitely an albatross last year. But how much did the hand affect how much he got there? The step up in competition may still hurt how much he can get to the line.

Hitman Hart

Hoopla Cash
$ 301.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be fair.....his stats werent much better at MSM especially considering the league.

His free throw shooting was definitely an albatross last year. But how much did the hand affect how much he got there? The step up in competition may still hurt how much he can get to the line.

they were slightly better, but i was referencing the disparity in the FT percentage. He only shot 42% at UNLV from the charity stripe. That was mostly because of the hand issues.

either way, I'm not really that concerned about Antonio. He's going to fill in a role as a shooter off the bench. If Wake needs more from him than that, they're going to be dogshit.

tbh, i'm not sure why Antonio is getting that much play on here. I have seen far worse grad transfers than him.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

His overall stats weren't great at MSM though. And that's one of the worst conferences in the country. The 11 ppg is fine, but overall he wasn't very efficient, and doesn't do much else. I'd say he's a liability on defense and that's going up against guys in the NEC and Mtn West.

I just remember us taking a grad transfer from the Horizon a couple years back, who was actually a little better than Antonio and he was a major flop. He averaged 1 ppg. He actually shot it well, but he just didn't get any minutes because he wasn't good enough. Hopefully Forbes can turn him into something.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
they were slightly better, but i was referencing the disparity in the FT percentage. He only shot 42% at UNLV from the charity stripe. That was mostly because of the hand issues.

either way, I'm not really that concerned about Antonio. He's going to fill in a role as a shooter off the bench. If Wake needs more from him than that, they're going to be dogshit.

tbh, i'm not sure why Antonio is getting that much play on here. I have seen far worse grad transfers than him.

To answer your bolded part, it's because there were reports the Gophers and Marquette both looked into this kid early on in the process, which is why @mr.hockey4242 and I commented about him. We were hoping he'd sign somewhere else because we had concerns if he could play at the P5 level.

Hitman Hart

Hoopla Cash
$ 301.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His overall stats weren't great at MSM though. And that's one of the worst conferences in the country. The 11 ppg is fine, but overall he wasn't very efficient, and doesn't do much else. I'd say he's a liability on defense and that's going up against guys in the NEC and Mtn West.

I just remember us taking a grad transfer from the Horizon a couple years back, who was actually a little better than Antonio and he was a major flop. He averaged 1 ppg. He actually shot it well, but he just didn't get any minutes because he wasn't good enough. Hopefully Forbes can turn him into something.

the main reason why i referenced his stats from MSM was because of his FT% shooting. He only shot 40% from the line last year, but that was with a hurt hand. He shot 80% from the line at MSM and had slightly better stats there overall.

outside of that, i'm not here to argue whether or not this is a quality pickup. Like I said before, I'm not crazy about Antonio. I think he'll fill a role as a shooter off of the bench and that's it.

and tbh, the more i think about, i think this pickup is more about having bodies more than anything else. Due to the Frenchman SARRendering (LOL, GET IT?! AHAHAHAHA) to UK, Wake only has 7 scholarship players. Wake is definitely going to be active on the grad transfer market.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the main reason why i referenced his stats from MSM was because of his FT% shooting. He only shot 40% from the line last year, but that was with a hurt hand. He shot 80% from the line at MSM and had slightly better stats there overall.

outside of that, i'm not here to argue whether or not this is a quality pickup. Like I said before, I'm not crazy about Antonio. I think he'll fill a role as a shooter off of the bench and that's it.

and tbh, the more i think about, i think this pickup is more about having bodies more than anything else. Due to the Frenchman SARRendering (LOL, GET IT?! AHAHAHAHA) to UK, Wake only has 7 scholarship players. Wake is definitely going to be active on the grad transfer market.

Yeah, I do agree, I think his FT was an anomaly last year. My guess is he's back up to at least 75 percent next year.

And I didn't realize how many schollies you guys had open. I do hope he works out for you guys.

Hitman Hart

Hoopla Cash
$ 301.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i think Wake ends up with Jalen Johnson from Tennessee and Williamson from ETSU.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As expected, the no sit out rule aint happening this year

Hitman Hart

Hoopla Cash
$ 301.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

lmao

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chris Beard is up to some shady shit

douggie

Iron Duke
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,692.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chris Beard is up to some shady shit

Losing Moretti is huge for Texas Tech, and they better hope McClung can get a waiver and play right away as they are short at guard, but more importantly at PG

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Losing Moretti is huge for Texas Tech, and they better hope McClung can get a waiver and play right away as they are short at guard, but more importantly at PG

They are in on Figuroa as well.

They will have an entire roster of new players at his point.

douggie

Iron Duke
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,692.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They are in on Figuroa as well.

They will have an entire roster of new players at his point.

McClung went with TT so he could play at the PG position because that was the feedback he was getting from NBA scouts. But that may have been contingent on him being eligible right away, IDK

jontaejones

Hoopla Cash
$ 149.32
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

McClung is not really as good as Moretti, especially in that system.

Beard can really get the most out of his players, but huge loss.

Hitman Hart

Hoopla Cash
$ 301.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Deacs land Davien Williamson. this is the guard that i really wanted

someone needs to tell this kid that he can't wear #5 though. That's Josh Howard's old number and it's retired