• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Training Camps Start Officially

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cleveland Cavaliers have Terry Talkin' a great start to training camp -- Terry Pluto (photos)

Love, Dunleavy and Frye give LeBron 3 of the best big man shooters in the NBA.....pretty unreal....

From Terry Pluto:

1. Love is much stronger than a year ago, when he was coming off major shoulder surgery. He couldn't lift weights last summer. He lost some weight and became more flexible, but lacked upper body strength.

2. Love has not bulked up, but he is visibly stronger. He has been playing more in the post, and scoring more often. Coach Tyronn Lue: "He's lost some weight, but he looks stronger. We want him to be Kevin, to rebound the ball, do the things he does well."

3. James on Love: "He looks unbelievable. He's in great form. He's shooting the ball extremely well."

4. I was told Thompson has been "a monster" on the boards. He is relentless, and he also is working on some passing skills -- just to keep the ball moving.

5. Mike Dunleavy is impressing with his outside shooting, passing and intelligence. He will be a great fit on the roster.

6. There are some analytics showing that Channing Frye, Love and Dunleavy are among the top five outside shooters over 6-9. The others are Dirk Nowitzki and Kevin Durant.

7. Lue on Dunleavy: "He shoots 52 percent on open shots. He is a straight line driver (to the rim). He is always in the right spot for (team) defense."

8. General manager David Griffin has been working to surround Irving and James with outside shooters from the moment James arrived. Tall 3-point shooters are especially effective. He had been pursuing Frye for nearly a year before dealing for him last February. He had sought Dunleavy for a long time.

Iman Shumpert loses weight, changes shooting mechanics in effort to bounce back after 'worst statistical season'

this is especially encouraging wtih Shump--- i know in the coming days a 1,000 articles will be written like this in various camps around the league- and a lot of it is BS- but it would definitely help the Cavs to have Shumpert bounce back from a very disappointing year last year.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cleveland Cavaliers have Terry Talkin' a great start to training camp -- Terry Pluto (photos)

Love, Dunleavy and Frye give LeBron 3 of the best big man shooters in the NBA.....pretty unreal....

From Terry Pluto:

1. Love is much stronger than a year ago, when he was coming off major shoulder surgery. He couldn't lift weights last summer. He lost some weight and became more flexible, but lacked upper body strength.

2. Love has not bulked up, but he is visibly stronger. He has been playing more in the post, and scoring more often. Coach Tyronn Lue: "He's lost some weight, but he looks stronger. We want him to be Kevin, to rebound the ball, do the things he does well."

3. James on Love: "He looks unbelievable. He's in great form. He's shooting the ball extremely well."

4. I was told Thompson has been "a monster" on the boards. He is relentless, and he also is working on some passing skills -- just to keep the ball moving.

5. Mike Dunleavy is impressing with his outside shooting, passing and intelligence. He will be a great fit on the roster.

6. There are some analytics showing that Channing Frye, Love and Dunleavy are among the top five outside shooters over 6-9. The others are Dirk Nowitzki and Kevin Durant.

7. Lue on Dunleavy: "He shoots 52 percent on open shots. He is a straight line driver (to the rim). He is always in the right spot for (team) defense."

8. General manager David Griffin has been working to surround Irving and James with outside shooters from the moment James arrived. Tall 3-point shooters are especially effective. He had been pursuing Frye for nearly a year before dealing for him last February. He had sought Dunleavy for a long time.

Iman Shumpert loses weight, changes shooting mechanics in effort to bounce back after 'worst statistical season'

this is especially encouraging wtih Shump--- i know in the coming days a 1,000 articles will be written like this in various camps around the league- and a lot of it is BS- but it would definitely help the Cavs to have Shumpert bounce back from a very disappointing year last year.

Nobody cares about your cavs essays.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Emboldened by a championship, Kevin Love is bringing the attitude

Kevin Love doesn’t care about his critics. (AP)

INDEPENDENCE, Ohio – Kevin Love isn’t naïve enough to believe that the player-hater’s ball has suddenly shut down operations just because he tap-danced, slid and recovered long enough to halt Stephen Curry’s tying 3-point attempt in the final minute of Game 7 of the NBA Finals.

Questions about whether Love is fitting out or fitting in won’t end just because he was the first person LeBron James chose to hug and douse with tears immediately after the horn sounded on the Cleveland Cavaliers’ first NBA championship. And, the special-made WWE championship belt that Love wore on Instagram and slung over his shoulder during the parade down East 9th Street won’t serve as a shield to the trade speculation and second-guessing that has shrouded his time in Cleveland.

Love expects more of the same as the Cavaliers begin their title defense. But the ring that Love will soon flash to any detractors has given him a defiant new attitude about how he will respond to the noise.

“I don’t think [the criticism will] ever leave,” Love said, “but frankly, I don’t really give [an expletive].”

“It’ll never be gone. It’s just something that you live with. We have so much hype and media, and the good and the bad surrounding this team, and it just comes with the territory,” Love said. “Trade rumors, I don’t know. We lose a couple of games … I don’t know. I’m here, man, and I plan on being here a long time.”

I think Love is in for a huge year- he seems 1000x more relaxed then previous years- he is healthy- the Coach actually WANTS him on the team unlike Blatt. I think Kevin Love is going to really play some very good ball this year. He deserves a ton of credit for his playoff performance- up until the Finals- where he struggled a little until a very very good game 7. No big man in the game can combine his rebounding/shooting/passing skills. At 28 years old he is just in the middle of his prime.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great start tonight by the bulls. They look fun as hell to watch. Lets hope it stays that way. LOL

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
feel the EXACT same way when i whip LeClown and the Cavs...:D
LOL.....at least in a video game you can see LeBron lose. In real life?---- gear up for being in his SEVENTH FINALS IN A ROW.

that should be/will be truly unbelievable. Just shows you the longevity, talent, drive, attention to detail, and freak athletic ability the King of the NBA possesses.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL.....at least in a video game you can see LeBron lose. In real life?---- gear up for being in his SEVENTH FINALS IN A ROW.

that should be/will be truly unbelievable. Just shows you the longevity, talent, drive, attention to detail, and freak athletic ability the King of the NBA possesses.

lol how long ago did i put this post up and you JUST NOW respond? hilarious...:pound::pound::pound::pound::pound:

and who gives a rat's ass how many finals if he's LOST more times than he's won...?:dhd:

YOU can kiss his ass as often as you like:kissass:, i still ain't gotta like him...:finger2:

just a horrible job of trolling. CLEARLY you'll have to do better...

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Another Finals loss coming for LBJ. Keep piling them up. LOL :hope:

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sq3Kias.gif

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think LeBron can without a doubt make an argument already for #2 of all time- but at this point i think that reasonable minds can still disagree to that.

What do you think LeBron has to do to pretty much become the consensus 2nd best player of all time? If he wins another title- particularly this year- I think that would cement his legacy as at LEAST the 2nd best player of all time behind Jordan.

Its just insane how good this guy is- and how he has almost always managed to do the right thing. With the insane amount of scrutiny he has endured he has done a pretty good job- of course he has some really bonehead moments like "The Decision"- but he has shown through his actions to be a class-act and a guy that parents can have their kids look up to- unlike so many other NBA stars like Iverson, Kobe, etc. that failed to do that.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think LeBron can without a doubt make an argument already for #2 of all time- but at this point i think that reasonable minds can still disagree to that.

What do you think LeBron has to do to pretty much become the consensus 2nd best player of all time? If he wins another title- particularly this year- I think that would cement his legacy as at LEAST the 2nd best player of all time behind Jordan.

Its just insane how good this guy is- and how he has almost always managed to do the right thing. With the insane amount of scrutiny he has endured he has done a pretty good job- of course he has some really bonehead moments like "The Decision"- but he has shown through his actions to be a class-act and a guy that parents can have their kids look up to- unlike so many other NBA stars like Iverson, Kobe, etc. that failed to do that.

2nd all-time is going to be really hard to crack. Especially with nostalgia and legend of previous generations, I don't think there will be a really reasonable argument for him to be #2, unless he wins at least a few more titles. If you look at Kobe, he's not in the conversation and he has 5 titles, so I think it's not so much titles as much as perception.

Two guys in my mind who he will have a really hard time being ranked over would be Kareem and Magic. Those guys were revolutionary players. People will say Magic was the original Lebron, and his dominance at multiple positions (playing center on a championship team) shows how diverse he was. Kareem is amazing too and hard to be ranked over a guy who's the all-time NBA scorer.