• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Training Camps Start Officially

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's fair. I'd rather just get a top 5 pick this year and miss the playoffs then just barely make it in. Then again with the way the East is set up this year, a winning record may be required to make the playoffs.

The Heat are going to be an interesting story this year. It could go either way with them.

And they're a lot more fun to root for now that dickhead has gone.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Heat are going to be an interesting story this year. It could go either way with them.

Yeah. The Lebron years were great as it exponentially increased our title chances. But I want to see how the young core will maturate with one another. I don't mind the reset button being pushed as it offers a new dynamic. It will be a struggle at times, but that's fine so long as we're competitive and show growth.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah. The Lebron years were great as it exponentially increased our title chances. But I want to see how the young core will maturate with one another. I don't mind the reset button being pushed as it offers a new dynamic. It will be a struggle at times, but that's fine so long as we're competitive and show growth.

You get new, young players in, via draft or trade, and the team becomes interesting again. I'm mainly basing this on the current Lakers team. We've been blessed to have one of the best players of all time on the team for the last 20 years but eventually it's time to move on.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You get new, young players in, via draft or trade, and the team becomes interesting again. I'm mainly basing this on the current Lakers team. We've been blessed to have one of the best players of all time on the team for the last 20 years but eventually it's time to move on.

As much I enjoyed what Kobe brought to the team, I think the Lakers would have been better served to have moved him about 2-3 years ago. I think they'd be much farther along on the re-build if they had.

Back in the 60's, 70's and 80's when the Dodgers had MLB's best farm system year after year (which they seem to have gotten back to), their philosophy was that they'd rather let a guy go 2 years too early than 1 year too late. I think more teams should take that approach.

logic

Hoopla Cash
$ 69,974.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

What do you mean @bksballer89 is still around?:humble:

(it was a joke, relax bks)

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As much I enjoyed what Kobe brought to the team, I think the Lakers would have been better served to have moved him about 2-3 years ago. I think they'd be much farther along on the re-build if they had.

Back in the 60's, 70's and 80's when the Dodgers had MLB's best farm system year after year (which they seem to have gotten back to), their philosophy was that they'd rather let a guy go 2 years too early than 1 year too late. I think more teams should take that approach.

Which is why I'm not overly upset about Wade being in Chicago right now.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Definitely. Sure, it sucks right now, especially if Wade has an all-star caliber year in Chicago. But in the long run, they will be better off for having moved on now.

Had the Lakers taken the same approach with Kobe, we might be talking about them as playoff contenders this year instead of a couple of years or so from now.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Last night for the first time I played the Bulls in NBA2k17. It took me 2 weeks to get around to facing Wade. Felt good to get that W

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its going to be a rebuilding year for the Heat. I really wish they had another year together with the team they had last year and hopefully bosh would of played. I think they would been an interesting match up against the Cavs.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

th

Everyone wants you to be more aggressive.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its going to be a rebuilding year for the Heat. I really wish they had another year together with the team they had last year and hopefully bosh would of played. I think they would been an interesting match up against the Cavs.
I wanted to see a Cavs/Heat playoff destruction more than anyone and am greatly disappointed the Heat could never up hold there end of the bargain before the team was slashed and burned to the ground.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Definitely. Sure, it sucks right now, especially if Wade has an all-star caliber year in Chicago. But in the long run, they will be better off for having moved on now.

Had the Lakers taken the same approach with Kobe, we might be talking about them as playoff contenders this year instead of a couple of years or so from now.
the most important thing in the NBA is to get an All Star player in his prime.

Some teams in the East have that-

best players to win around in the East- TRYING- (trying) to combine both long term and short term outlook- not easy.

1. LeBron James- Cleveland
2. Paul George- Indiana
3. Kyrie Irving- Cleveland
4. Jimmy Butler- Chicago
5. Andre Drummond- Detroit
6. Kyle Lowry- Toronto
7. Carmelo Anthony- NYK
8. Ben Simmons- PHI
9. Giannis A- MIL
10. John Wall- WAS
11. K. Porzingis- NYK
12. K. Walker- CHAR
13. Kevin Love- CLE
14. D. Howard- ATL
15. D. DeRozan- TOR
16. J. Parker- MIL
17. N. Vucevic- ORL
18. B. Beale- WAS
19. A. Horford- BOS
20. H. Whiteside- MIA
20(b). J. Winslow- MIA

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

best players to win around in the East- TRYING- (trying) to combine both long term and short term outlook- not easy.

2. Paul George- Indiana
4. Jimmy Butler- Chicago
6. Kyle Lowry- Toronto
7. Carmelo Anthony- NYK
8. Ben Simmons- PHI
9. Giannis A- MIL
10. John Wall- WAS
11. K. Porzingis- NYK
12. K. Walker- CHAR
13. Kevin Love- CLE
14. D. Howard- ATL
15. D. DeRozan- TOR
16. J. Parker- MIL
17. N. Vucevic- ORL
18. B. Beale- WAS
19. A. Horford- BOS
20. H. Whiteside- MIA
20(b). J. Winslow- MIA

Interested in seeing if Porzingis gets lost in the shuffle.

I think Winslow, Russell, Booker will be in the hunt for MIP this Season.

I see the Heat being Justice's Team very shortly.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interested in seeing if Porzingis gets lost in the shuffle.

I think Winslow, Russell, Booker will be in the hunt for MIP this Season.

I see the Heat being Justice's Team very shortly.
Winslow is very intriguing if he can get a solid offensive game going. He really is very very similar to MKG- except MKG seems to have injury issues- i think MKG is a better athlete and defender but his shot when entering the league was even more broken than Winslow's.

Kidd-Gilchrist is like my dream player for the Cavs to trade for- and i think Winslow can be very similar to him- maybe not quite the defender but a better all around player.

John Wall could SHOOT up that list to between #4 and 6 if he ever gets his head on straight

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Winslow is very intriguing if he can get a solid offensive game going. He really is very very similar to MKG- except MKG seems to have injury issues- i think MKG is a better athlete and defender but his shot when entering the league was even more broken than Winslow's.

Kidd-Gilchrist is like my dream player for the Cavs to trade for- and i think Winslow can be very similar to him- maybe not quite the defender but a better all around player.

John Wall could SHOOT up that list to between #4 and 6 if he ever gets his head on straight

Yeah, I like MKG too.

I hope he's healthy.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

2. Paul George- Indiana
4. Jimmy Butler- Chicago
6. Kyle Lowry- Toronto
7. Carmelo Anthony- NYK
8. Ben Simmons- PHI
9. Giannis A- MIL
10. John Wall- WAS
11. K. Porzingis- NYK
12. K. Walker- CHAR
13. Kevin Love- CLE
14. D. Howard- ATL
15. D. DeRozan- TOR
16. J. Parker- MIL
17. N. Vucevic- ORL
18. B. Beale- WAS
19. A. Horford- BOS
20. H. Whiteside- MIA
20(b). J. Winslow- MIA
Good list. I think Irving is a little lower because of injuries but overall good list. Trust me im a Irving fan u just cant trust him being healthy. Also I dont know if I would build around LBJ for the future part but yes he is still #1 in the East.