• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Training Camp

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the addition of TE's is more a who could actually make this roster kind of thing. TE's at least past the top 2 are usually big special teams players. At least more so than say an OL type player. So it makes sense when right now I would bet maybe only 2-3 roster spots are still seriously open for competition and all those will be who can play special teams at a high level.

Maybe it is about bolstering STs. I figure Daniels, Green, Casey, and Duncan are sure to make the 53 man roster. Maybe one more TE? I have also been a little intrigued by Jensen and Jones, but I doubt that signing two new TEs reflects well on their futures with the team.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe it is about bolstering STs. I figure Daniels, Green, Casey, and Duncan are sure to make the 53 man roster. Maybe one more TE? I have also been a little intrigued by Jensen and Jones, but I doubt that signing two new TEs reflects well on their futures with the team.

Considering we are going to be running a lot more 2-TE or at least having one of them play FB on quite a few plays it definitely is important to get the best 4-5 TE's that we can for this roster. I also think with green's injury history it is probably good for them to keep looking at the position as he has already shown this off season that the injury bug is still with him.

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kicking tires on developmental players at this point ..Elway likes finding bargains

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would say Dysert gets a little dowgraded for a couple of reasons beyond just what happens on the field. The first being that he is a little further in his contract. This is his what 3rd training camp so at least the FO and many of the other players have seen what this kid can do. Next would be that this is a new coaching staff. It is still the same FO so they saw something in this kid at some point to have drafted him. So it is only a small downgrade at this point.

I do like that our team keeps bringing in QB's. Elway has shown he knows what it takes to make a championship caliber team and that is a competent QB at the helm . He is doing everything possible to get that position right. Hopefully Osweiler can be the answer at the position but we will just have to wait and see.
Ring a bell? Does "subpar " = "competent" ? :)

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ring a bell? Does "subpar " = "competent" ? :)

What I meant by that is Elway knows that competent play from the QB position is a huge boost to the team's chances of winning. I have never swayed from that statement. I don't think anybody wants to have subpar QB play on their team. What I am saying is that a team can still win a Super Bowl even with subpar QB play. Heck we showed that this last year. I don't think you can year in and year out compete for a Super Bowl without finding consistency at the QB position and I am hoping that Lynch can be that long-term solution but for this upcoming season we have no clue what the QB position will give us. I still like our chances though even with subpar QB play to still stand a chance at the playoffs if we can have a strong run game to pair with our strong defense.

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What I meant by that is Elway knows that competent play from the QB position is a huge boost to the team's chances of winning. I have never swayed from that statement. I don't think anybody wants to have subpar QB play on their team. What I am saying is that a team can still win a Super Bowl even with subpar QB play. Heck we showed that this last year. I don't think you can year in and year out compete for a Super Bowl without finding consistency at the QB position and I am hoping that Lynch can be that long-term solution but for this upcoming season we have no clue what the QB position will give us. I still like our chances though even with subpar QB play to still stand a chance at the playoffs if we can have a strong run game to pair with our strong defense.
:)

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Competent,subpar. Your words not mine.
Competent....Necessary ability, knowledge or skill to do something successfully.
Subpar....Not measuring up to "traditional standards" of performance, value or production.
I`ll take my chances on a good running game using the competent Qb guideline. You can have the subpar qb to help your run game. ;)

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Competent,subpar. Your words not mine.
Competent....Necessary ability, knowledge or skill to do something successfully.
Subpar....Not measuring up to "traditional standards" of performance, value or production.
I`ll take my chances on a good running game using the competent Qb guideline. You can have the subpar qb to help your run game. ;)

Randymon not sure what is going on lately but you have kind of gotten a little mean spirited lately man. You are not reading my posts and others right. All of us have been saying that we would rather have competent QB play any day of the week compared to what we had last year. None of us would argue that. None of us hope that we have bad QB play ever again. What we are saying is that if we do have subpar QB play then the only chance we have at success this upcoming season is to once again have a great defense and pair that with a very strong run game. I have on clue what Lynch or the other QB's will be for us. I hope that they are at least average but I just don't know. More so than that though I am hoping we can have a great running attack. I do think that is possible even if we have bad QB play but yes it is helped if we have better than that from the QB position.

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Randymon not sure what is going on lately but you have kind of gotten a little mean spirited lately man. You are not reading my posts and others right. All of us have been saying that we would rather have competent QB play any day of the week compared to what we had last year. None of us would argue that. None of us hope that we have bad QB play ever again. What we are saying is that if we do have subpar QB play then the only chance we have at success this upcoming season is to once again have a great defense and pair that with a very strong run game. I have on clue what Lynch or the other QB's will be for us. I hope that they are at least average but I just don't know. More so than that though I am hoping we can have a great running attack. I do think that is possible even if we have bad QB play but yes it is helped if we have better than that from the QB position.
Not being mean spirited at all. Expressing my point and your expressing yours. I totally disagree with the bold above and you don`t. I`ve stuck to why I don`t agree and your sticking to yours.:suds:

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not being mean spirited at all. Expressing my point and your expressing yours. I totally disagree with the bold above and you don`t. I`ve stuck to why I don`t agree and your sticking to yours.:suds:

The problem is that you are misrepresenting what many of have tried to explain to you. I don't have a problem if you disagree it is more that you seem to misquote everything we type. You also have resulted to calling many of us homers whenever we say nice things about our team that just won the Super Bowl. Just feel like you have gone to more name calling this year than in years past.

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The problem is that you are misrepresenting what many of have tried to explain to you. I don't have a problem if you disagree it is more that you seem to misquote everything we type. You also have resulted to calling many of us homers whenever we say nice things about our team that just won the Super Bowl. Just feel like you have gone to more name calling this year than in years past.
Now who`s "misrepresenting"? Find me a post where I called anyone a "homer". Was there a meeting I missed?......Tried to explain to me??? Because I disagree that Denver can have a good running game with subpar Qb play and repeat and some of you get butt hurt? Sorry to burst your bubble ( to all those that I ruined their day) but just because you feel validated by your posts doesn`t mean your right either. If I`ve offended someone so bad with my "disagreements" on their posts, please let them point that out to me ( Walker doesn`t count). I wasn`t aware I had to kiss butt on here. Never called anyone out by name Cd and thats bull. I `ve always started out my disagreements with " "I can`t believe some on here" But if somebody jumps my shit, you don`t see me whining and calling foul. I deal with it....... What, You don`t get a hug and a atta boy after a post and that guy is a jerk and a meanie meanie? Come on man.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now who`s "misrepresenting"? Find me a post where I called anyone a "homer". Was there a meeting I missed?......Tried to explain to me??? Because I disagree that Denver can have a good running game with subpar Qb play and repeat and some of you get butt hurt? Sorry to burst your bubble ( to all those that I ruined their day) but just because you feel validated by your posts doesn`t mean your right either. If I`ve offended someone so bad with my "disagreements" on their posts, please let them point that out to me ( Walker doesn`t count). I wasn`t aware I had to kiss butt on here. Never called anyone out by name Cd and thats bull. I `ve always started out my disagreements with " "I can`t believe some on here" But if somebody jumps my shit, you don`t see me whining and calling foul. I deal with it....... What, You don`t get a hug and a atta boy after a post and that guy is a jerk and a meanie meanie? Come on man.

I'm not going to go back through and find the posts. I'm sorry if I misrepresented you. The whole "I can't believe some on here" though at least to me makes it sound like you are calling their post idiotic for having such a thought. And no you don't have to kiss butt or only say good things about the Broncos on this site. We have all had plenty of disagreements. You have just been more aggressive lately and I'm not the only one to point this out to you. Just not used to this style of Randymon but if this is your style now I'll try to learn to adjust and just understand that your aggressive style in disagreement is just you now. Again have no problem with you disagreeing with anything I say. Heck I've gone back and read things I wrote and thought "what the heck was I thinking" so sometimes don't even agree with myself after some hindsight. My main point though is I do think teams can have a subpar QB and still have success in the run game and success as a team. It has happened in the past. Doesn't mean that is what I hope my team has by any means. i hope whoever our QB is lights the league on fire. Honestly I almost want Sanchez to start to quiet some of those who keep saying the Broncos are a laughing stock of they think Sanchez can do anything for them. I would love to have him prove those doubters wrong. Heck I"m a skeptic on the situation of him actually finding great success.

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you think it's impossible to have a strong running game with a lousy qb? Is that what you're saying? Because it's pretty easy to look back through history and find teams with strong running games and bad qbs. The 2011 Broncos are a perfect example.

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not going to go back through and find the posts. I'm sorry if I misrepresented you. The whole "I can't believe some on here" though at least to me makes it sound like you are calling their post idiotic for having such a thought. And no you don't have to kiss butt or only say good things about the Broncos on this site. We have all had plenty of disagreements. You have just been more aggressive lately and I'm not the only one to point this out to you. Just not used to this style of Randymon but if this is your style now I'll try to learn to adjust and just understand that your aggressive style in disagreement is just you now. Again have no problem with you disagreeing with anything I say. Heck I've gone back and read things I wrote and thought "what the heck was I thinking" so sometimes don't even agree with myself after some hindsight. My main point though is I do think teams can have a subpar QB and still have success in the run game and success as a team. It has happened in the past. Doesn't mean that is what I hope my team has by any means. i hope whoever our QB is lights the league on fire. Honestly I almost want Sanchez to start to quiet some of those who keep saying the Broncos are a laughing stock of they think Sanchez can do anything for them. I would love to have him prove those doubters wrong. Heck I"m a skeptic on the situation of him actually finding great success.
:suds:

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you think it's impossible to have a strong running game with a lousy qb? Is that what you're saying? Because it's pretty easy to look back through history and find teams with strong running games and bad qbs. The 2011 Broncos are a perfect example.
Never said that at all.

WalkerBoh

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never said that at all.
So does this mean you think a QB can be "subpar" and still command the respect from opposing defenses? Because you did say that the running game has no hope of success if the QB doesn't have that respect.

(Which would also imply that you think the Rams QB is respected by opposing defenses)

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So does this mean you think a QB can be "subpar" and still command the respect from opposing defenses? Because you did say that the running game has no hope of success if the QB doesn't have that respect.

(Which would also imply that you think the Rams QB is respected by opposing defenses)
I think somebody has a man crush on me.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So what is Matt Schaub? Kubiak had him going par plus - on any other team he was below par. The first host of the Tonight Show was Jack Paar.

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And I think someone is simply trolling for as many arguments as he can create. Otherwise, don't flatter yourself.
Boy talking about calling the kettle black. You are a peach Ol' man. :)