• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Training Camp 2013

yossarian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, AJ had ZERO catches today for the entire practice. Only 3 were thrown his way, he was shutdown twice by D Morris. Unfortunately his salaries are gtd for this year and next.
Meanwhile Moore had 3 catches for 85 yards and 2 TDs.

I saw that too, he just wasn't targeted, maybe a sign the coaches have decided to move on. If that's the case I don't know how I feel about that, clearly he hasn't earned anything, but I still think he should be given a lot of targets in practice still -- I think it's a little early in training camp to write him off. I mean, his money is gtd, he's a first round pick, I think they should target him as much as possible in practice and the next two games until it's completely clear he can't do it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I read it as the QBs have little faith in him. We keep reading about his lack of physicality and consistently fighting for the ball. Pretty much poor effort and not taking it seriously. I'm getting sick of this bum.

yossarian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I read it as the QBs have little faith in him. We keep reading about his lack of physicality and consistently fighting for the ball. Pretty much poor effort and not taking it seriously. I'm getting sick of this bum.

That is probably true, and I had the quote earlier from Jim Trotter who said Jenkins "had no dog in him." It's just a shame -- a wasted first round pick.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Could've had Janoris or Cordy Glenn. :(

I LOVED Baalke's '13 draft, drove the bandwagon for Aldon, loved Iupati & thought Baalke had been doing one of the best jobs in talent evaluation of anyone in the NFL. But that pick was just a WTF moment when I went back & watched some video of AJ playing.

From 4/27/'12:
So I've gotten to see a little bit of AJ Jenkins today. Don't take this like my usual draft analysis because I haven't seen Jenkins enough to form a really insightful opinoin. That said...

Being completely objective about Jenkins my initial reaction to him is not positive. He doens't seem like he's all that hard to cover; his game speed doesn't make him look like a 4.39 guy. His hands seem good but not great...

He didn't have a great QB throwing to him, and that's a huge factor when it comes to production, but let's just say I've yet to see something to make me as optimistic about him as you jenkins fans are.

He does have long arms for a 6'0 guy though. Not impressed by a 33 inch vertical for a guy who weighs 190 pounds, but his broad jump was good.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
low???

to me, our current passing game is more about protection, not Kaep nor receivers? not ONLY protection, but MORE on protection. i'm sure opponents will fire all kinds of blitzes, stunts, delays, and what have you? so if this veteran line can handle it - and they should - our passing game will be fine.

pass protection is supplemented by RB's and TE's, and we should be fine when Gore and Davis are in.

62.4, in this offense, is low. It's not terrible by any means, but it's not great.

Though I think our passing game will be very much about Kap. Less so the receivers - hopefully.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I saw that too, he just wasn't targeted, maybe a sign the coaches have decided to move on. If that's the case I don't know how I feel about that, clearly he hasn't earned anything, but I still think he should be given a lot of targets in practice still -- I think it's a little early in training camp to write him off. I mean, his money is gtd, he's a first round pick, I think they should target him as much as possible in practice and the next two games until it's completely clear he can't do it.

I'm torn. They basically tried that last week, and he didn't really step up. At some point, we need to find a #2 WR. I'd love it to be him, but right now the priority is finding a second and third guy to contribute. That trumps developing Jenkins, though as said elsewhere, I don't think we should cut him.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Could've had Janoris or Cordy Glenn. :(

I LOVED Baalke's '13 draft, drove the bandwagon for Aldon, loved Iupati & thought Baalke had been doing one of the best jobs in talent evaluation of anyone in the NFL. But that pick was just a WTF moment when I went back & watched some video of AJ playing.

From 4/27/'12:

I realize you posted that well over a year ago, but wanted to point out that Jenkins had a 38.5" vertical.

yossarian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm torn. They basically tried that last week, and he didn't really step up. At some point, we need to find a #2 WR. I'd love it to be him, but right now the priority is finding a second and third guy to contribute. That trumps developing Jenkins, though as said elsewhere, I don't think we should cut him.

I agree, but for me that point hasn't been reached yet, given his draft status and guaranteed money.

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That is pretty much it, finding the #2 WR is more important than trying to make sure a #1 draft pick succeeds. The team is more important than the pride of having a good draft.

yossarian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is pretty much it, finding the #2 WR is more important than trying to make sure a #1 draft pick succeeds. The team is more important than the pride of having a good draft.

I agree, but I don't think it's just pride. I think that it's a balancing test and it's worth it to give him a little more time -- give them enough rope, know what I mean?

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree, but I don't think it's just pride. I think that it's a balancing test and it's worth it to give him a little more time -- give them enough rope, know what I mean?

Well, Jenkins will still have plenty of opportunities... he just isn't at the front of the line anymore. They can't give him all the reps when he does nothing with them, its time to see who wants the job.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It look sAJ will be gone soon. what you guys think about this Morris Kid?

MrChangoT97

Dr. Pepper is the bomb
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So what's with AJ Jenkins? He needs to stop smoking the weed and spend his money on better options.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Austin Collie - WR - 49ers

According to the Sacramento Bee, the "early signs have been good" for 49ers WR Austin Collie.

Per beat writer Matt Barrows, Collie is "picking up the offense quickly." Collie caught two passes for 20 yards in San Francisco's preseason opener. Collie could be an X-factor for a 49ers team that's woefully thin at receiver, but his injury history is a major factor working against him. He'll have to wow in practice and exhibition action.
Source: Sacramento Bee

Aug 13 - 1:33 PM

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kind of off-topic from the AJ talk, but it seems to me that Cooper and Morris are making plays and are constantly described as running stride for stride with WR or just overall good coverage. I would love to see one of these guys make the active squad and one stashed on the PS but it sounds as if if they continue to show instincts and athleticism, we may lose one of them.

I erased my DVR'd game and I wasn't paying attention to our CB when I viewed the game the first time so if someone can give me a quick report on how one or both of them did, it would be much appreciated.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes Morris looks like he will be the #3 for right now. Good news on Collie. Hey he played well for the colts before he got hurt so maybe we can get something out of him.

Wouldnt shock me if Jenkins is cut by week 4 of camp.