• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Trade JVR before the deadline...

WOOTPOKER

Why you heff to be mad?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
that would just be foolish. we still got him for a reasonable price, and he probably won't command much just yet when he becomes a RFA in 2 years. he's actually starting to show flashes of dominance and he's going to be a perrenial 25-30 goal guy for this club if not more. hes only 21 and with us having to probably shed some salary in the next 2 offseasons, young pieces in the franchise like JVR are key.

flyermaniaa90

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
yes...he is on pace for a whopping 14 goals and 16 assist this season...not bad for a 3rd round pick...unfortunately horrible for a number one... second overall...if he didnt score two yesterday he would be at 5 goals...lol...cut the cord...let someone else nurse him to 20 goals over the next 4-5 years...The cup is now!!!

flyermaniaa90

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
does Dainius Zubrus sound familiar...he is reaching his potential now...games 30 goals 4 assist 9 13 points...lol...JVR - Zubrus...time to get a strong skating foward who can score...Time will tell i believe the Flyers are dissapointed with his progress...1-2 good games and 3-4 no shows...

ProppRules

Flyers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I cant argue that he hasn't progressed like a #2 should. THe issue is what can you get back that is acceptable. We don't need any more veteran depth. Certainly not what he would get you in return.He won't net you another young prospect. And if you look at him like the 22 year old he is, he is still a prospect. I look at it as the FLyers have the luxury of letting him play in the background and develop slowly. If it doesn't happen, he is an affordable young player. If it does, great. BUt a trade right now might get you a 3rd rounder. I wouldn't do that...

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since he's so young and so cheap i dont think we would get fair value in return

anderwho2513

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
van Riemsdyk is a left-handed Carter with more moves and less defense.

flyermaniaa90

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
i dont see that...he is no carter...not even close...but he has time...like to see more flashes...hope your right...A

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Geeze if some of you were GM we'd have a broken down Gags still here, Turco/Ellis or a super expensive Nabokov in net, no Mez, and the trading of a 22 year old future 30 goal scoring power forward...yikes. ; )

Oh forgot to mention no DB or Pronger....crazyiness...aren't the Flyers currently in 1st place and rolling along nicely???

Last edited by a moderator:

TOX1

Game fucking on!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Geeze if some of you were GM we'd have a broken down Gags still here, Turco/Ellis or a super expensive Nabokov in net, no Mez, and the trading of a 22 year old future 30 goal scoring power forward...yikes. ; )

Oh forgot to mention no DB or Pronger....crazyiness...aren't the Flyers currently in 1st place and rolling along nicely???

hahaha!! These are the reasons that I don't comment on every thread. ;)

flyermaniaa90

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Complacency leads to failure in any sports tox...enjoy the philles last season...lol...what did they do...step up and get Lee...1st place in december does not lead to a parade...ask the sabres and bruins with the great records they finish with...complacency...lol...keep looking to get better...GO FLYERS!!!:D

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No ones saying be complacent but if it aint broke don't fix it....especially when dealing in the cap era guys like JVR and their cheap salaries are key. He'll grow up soon and be a force in the playoffs I'm already seeing glimces of it.

flyermaniaa90

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
2008 San Jose 117 points boston 116 points which made it to the cup finals=0, 2009 washington 121 points newjersey 103 and buffalo 101 stanley cup finals= 0...if its not broke dont fix it...i understand that point of view along with the cap...you guys make some good points...that said if there is a player at the deadline that could bring us a cup...I would pack JVR bags myself...lol...1975 its just to long...

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
regardless of what type of player you think jvr is.. you're not going to bring in someone that can help win the cup by trading jvr.. he makes like 1.6 mil against the cap and the flyers are literally right on the cap.. in other words, you'd have to find a 1.6 million or less guy to trade him for, and as far as 1.6 mil players go, jvr is probably one of the best

you could package him with say hartnell, clears about 5.8 mil.. and bring in someone like bobby ryan for a 5.1 hit and then sit shelley and play wellwood.. is the team really better with ryan and wellwood then it would be w/ hartnell and jvr? i dont think it is.. not to mention i HIGHLY doubt anahiem would trade ryan for jvr/hartnell.. and we absolutely can not afford to trade any more draft picks away

i love bobby ryan, dont get me wrong, but the way the flyers cap is set up, aka spending the whole thing, trading JvR by himself, or in a package deal, will not improve the team.. he's too cheap to bring in a substantial player by himself, and he's not good enough to package with someone and bring in a superstar

in my 20-ish minutes of research the only guy that could be an interesting idea would be to get parise from the devils.. he only makes 3 mil-ish.. but even he doesn't make total sense because he'll get a big raise in july 2012 when he's goes RFA.. i realize you're trying to win now, so maybe you could make it work.. but you still have to move somebody else with jvr to clear the cap space, and IMO jvr is way more valuable than parise by himself, so sending another player makes this another cap cutting deal like gagne, upshall, etc. where we trade better players, for worse ones.. making the team worse.

/end rant

flyermaniaa90

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Awaz...great post!!! guess we sink or swim with JVR...hopefully he continues to develop as the season goes on and im wrong regarding what kind of player he becomes...GO FLYERS!!!

anderwho2513

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Parise is a RFA after this year, not next year.

anderwho2513

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If anything, it furthers your point that he would only be a 3 month rental coming off a knee injury, although the compensation for him would be 10x greater than the worth of JvR, which leads me to believe that Lou Lams would have to be really drunk to make that trade.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If anything, it furthers your point that he would only be a 3 month rental coming off a knee injury, although the compensation for him would be 10x greater than the worth of JvR, which leads me to believe that Lou Lams would have to be really drunk to make that trade.

true that.. i'm glad everyone can agree that trading jvr is not a good option :)